Plaxico Burress

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texansfan88, Mar 2, 2005.

1. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

not sure who the dude was but he said that Burress was supposed to visit Houston tommorow. Not sure how reliable this guy is, he's the same one that said Mason was going to Jacksonville...

2. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Half of the league said Mason was likely going to Jacksonville (including ESPN and SI) so don't judge too harshly on that one point.

3. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

I like Burress and that be awesome to have him.

4. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

Anyone know what type of contract he would have?

5. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Its too early to speculate on contract, but Mason stole a lot of his thunder. I know Plax has said he wants a warm-weather team. I suppose the question will be how important that is to him. While some have said he's looking to be #1, he's made other comments that implied he wants the ball more (and Pitt runs an offense that makes even us look downright Martzian) and doesn't care much about #1 vs. #2. I think it's reasonable to note that Andre Johnson would pull a lot more secondary attention than Hines Ward. Not bashing on Ward, who's one of my favorite non-Texan players, but he's not a deep threat in anyone's book. Also probably important to him is there's no clear challenger for the #2 spot on the Texans, so Burress wouldn't have to worry about losing his starting spot.

6. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

This is the one guy out there that can have more of an effect on the furture of this team than anyone else avalible. Just look how it changes your mock draft. Great to pair with A.J., who would be #1? If you only get 1 player, this should be it.

7. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

Burress is awesome. Isn't he the reciever during the first Pats-Steelers game in the commercail that gave the ball to the kids in the stands?

8. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

I agree with everyone that Burress would be great for the Texans. I'm just not convinced Burress thinks the Texans would be great for him, so I worry about the money necessary to pull such a deal off.

If we did sign him, our people better find a way to protect Carr, because passing will need to ramp up to make proper use of the guy.

9. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

If this is all true and Plax signs, we will be sitten' pretty with a good idea of what we need in the draft. That takes care of our little #2 WR problem. So we could go after BPA in the draft (i.e. DJ, Pac-Man, T. Davis), D- Line, or O-Line.
    and that would make life a whole lot easier.

I just dont know how his contract would affect our cap and rookie signing ability.

10. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

It doesn't matter if we get Burress or any other high name free agent, Cass has already stated we will take BPA anytime.

11. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

ya, but its not like we ever go after the big players anyways. but ya never know, this could be the year.

12. Rosusu

Rosusu All Pro

Plax is a great reciever and I would love to have him on the Texans. I hope he really wants warm weather, because Houston does have it. We are also a great franchise and I hope he sees that if he actually is coming to visit. I am actually really excited about the oppurtunity of maybe getting him, that would be awesome. :thumbup

13. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Twas him, but that shouldnt put aside any maturity issues that may have been presented about him. Moss gave balls to disabled kids a few times last season and he clearly still has maturity issues.

14. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

O ya I know, I was just checking. All in all though, he seems to be a pretty good guy but with my luck he probally has done stuff I didnt know about.

15. Dionysus22

Dionysus22 Veteran

Enough about this "BPA" non-sense! It's a total cover-up! It's like when you were a kid and your parents told you, "just do the best you can" and what they really meant was, "Slaughter everybody!"

16. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

Is this true that Plex is coming to houston for an interview? wow it would be amazing.

17. cptnbreakdance

cptnbreakdance Veteran

I guess i didnt make it that clear, what i was saying was that we dont have to worry about WR IF Plax signs, we would go after BPA anyway but that just takes the WR BLA off the list, Cross your fingers

18. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Marc Vandermeer: Texans to the line, 2 receivers left and right. 3rd and 14 from the Jaguar 34...Carr back to pass, flushed to his right, throws over the middle...its caught by Burress at the 15, at the 10, the 5..HES IN!!! ROCK N ROLL! TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON!!!

:heh:

Just a lil wishful thinking. :thumbup

19. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:woot If our biggest need is the DL / OL and you pass on ( fill in the blank ) to take Alex Barron . Alex is a 7.0 on a scale of 1-10 and you pass on an 8.5 and two 8.0s for him . Next year you have a chance to get a 7.5 OT with the 22 pick but wait we drafted Barron who's a 7.0 last year at 13 . :thumbdown

20. Dionysus22

Dionysus22 Veteran

That was because we needed a corner. If we needed a running back we would have gotten Steven Jackson or if we needed a TE we would have gotten Winslow. They were rated #1 at their positions. If that were the case we wouldn't have picked Carr in our first draft. He wasn't the best player available, he was the best player at the position we needed to fill. That's my point. If we wanted best player then, we would have gone with Peppers, Shockey or even Mike Williams at OT wouldn't have been a bad #1.