Place to watch the game in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by texanmojo, Aug 15, 2007.

1. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

My wife, my 6 month old daughter and I are spending the weekend in San Antonio. We are staying on a hotel on the riverwalk and it would be ideal to find a place where I can see the game.

If you have any suggestions on a place to go near the riverwalk where I don't have worry about drinking and driving(I want to walk)...as I really want to drink some cold beers! :)

Thanks

2. texanmojo

Thanks Elle. I will give that a shot. Champ's is comfortable and has good food. I think we can make it work there.

3. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

When we were there for the NCAA tourney in march, the ONLY place we found was the Hooters in the mall on the RiverWalk. There was a "sports bar" on the Riverwalk, but it was in the bottom of a hotel so it was really a hotel bar with TVs (i.e. $7 domestic beers type place).

If there is a Champps (shame on those we asked in March!!!) I would say that's your best bet in San An.

4. texanmojo

Well...we just decided to cancel due to all the rain that we are getting here in Houston. From what I can tell, SA is getting it too and will be getting it tomorrow too. I don't want to be holed up all weekend in a hotel...I want to be out and about.

This sucks b/c my wife and I really wanted to get away for a weekend.

Thanks for the tips guys. I will use them next time.

5. UvaldeTexan

UvaldeTexan Veteran

The Champs that was at Rivercenter is no longer there...it is now a Chillis. Some of us SA Texans fans will be gathering at the BWW 1604/281 this saturday.

powerfuldragon likes this.
  6. Yankee_In_TX

Sigh, Texans will never know what BW3's or "B-Dubs" was :( (There used to be a third W...)

7. treygar

treygar Veteran

they will if they've been to Columbus like I have. that's one hell of a Cheesecake Factory they got at that Easton marketplace....

regardless of which the Buckeyes still suck.... :)

8. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

There used to be one on 6th Street in Austin. Good grub.

9. Yankee_In_TX

Oh, they'r every where down here, but they hanged their name and dropped the 3rd "W." They're now named "Buffal Wild Wings." A prize to anyone who knows the third "W" without Googling it.

Trey - the BDubs on High St. (if that's where you went) was the first ever BDubs - it recently closed and they opened a new one that I haven't been to yet.

10. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Well I know, but I am from the NY area so I know the story behind it...can I have the prize anyways??

11. treygar

treygar Veteran

i have no clue, my ex-brother-in-law that I stayed with that week only referred to it as BW3's.

i only remember the location as being on the Northwest side of Columbus and right close to a Texas Roadhouse and a Super Target....