Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pittsburgh at San Francisco

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Steelers and Niners at the Stick. Two old school franchises playing in an old school stadium. We might even see some dirt and mud and stuff tonight.

That said, I'm pulling for the Niners (My 2nd team, wife's 1st team, and as a Texan it's not even close there) and if I'm a real Niner fan I hope the improbable theme of this week continues tonight.

drs23

Veteran
Steelers and Niners at the Stick. Two old school franchises playing in an old school stadium. We might even see some dirt and mud and stuff tonight.

That said, I'm pulling for the Niners (My 2nd team, wife's 1st team, and as a Texan it's not even close there) and if I'm a real Niner fan I hope the improbable theme of this week continues tonight.

Roger that. Go 9ers!

Showtime100

Got JJ?
This just in......

Old school electrical work at Candlestick too. Power outage (no earthquake) will cause a delay.

I hope there really is no earthquake. :eek:

EDIT: Looked like a transformer blew. Film at eleven. Santa Clara, here they come.

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
It's no wonder that SF says that all these days, they need a new stadium. Well sooner may come better as Candlestick or whatever it is called Park, is falling apart.

BullBlitz

Section 331

I'm pulling for the Steelers tonight. Would like them to have the top seed so we get to play there if both teams make it that far.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
I'm pulling for the Steelers tonight. Would like them to have the top seed so we get to play there if both teams make it that far.
What? Really? If there's any place I don't want to play in the playoffs, it would be the Steelers in their house.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
I wonder how AT&T Park feels about football for a couple of years...lol.
I googled "AT&T Park 49ers" to see if it that had ever been proposed and the first link came to this doozy of a post from the Niners message board. LOL. Even the title of the thread is pretty funny.

Why not float a stadium up to AT&T Park?

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40396

They could float a type of cruise ship up to the right field wall with suites and stands for around 25,000. You could design it to have it extend out to connect to the top and bottom right field walkways . Building something like that would be a lot cheaper, the stadium would then hold over 65,000, and you could tug boat it in and out for games and maintenance. All you would need is an old hull, seats, vending and bathrooms. You got Bart, CalTrans and parking that works for 43,000+ already in place.
Besides having the dirt infield to deal with through October and the baseball seats being too low to the ground the first few rows, why it no work?

Showtime100

Got JJ?
That really screws up a game unlike, say, baseball delays. How is Ben ankle when he comes back? Is Pittsburgh's D getting a good rest, the bastards?

Just completely screws the flow right up. 1st quarter /halftime/ 2nd quarter /halftime/ 2nd half, hopefully without interruption.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
My prediction. Steelers are down 24-20 and get the ball with 2 minutes left in the 4th. They drive down the field and are in position to score as time expires. Just as Roethlisberger goes back to throw the final pass, power conveniently goes out again. Niners win.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't get that, but cool. Personally, I have seen enough Houston playoff losses in Pittsburgh for one lifetime. :D
Sounds like a lot of confidence in the Texans. Personally, I wouldn't want the Texans playing in Pittsburgh for any game that counts.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Sounds like a lot of confidence in the Texans. Personally, I wouldn't want the Texans playing in Pittsburgh for any game that counts.
Well, I don't thing that means I don't have faith. I have confidence in the Texans. I don't think me prefering Pittsburgh at home in the playoffs has anything to do with how much confidence I have for the team. It's a fact home field means a lot in Pittsburgh with January weather.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
They got a real Bush-league operation there in CandleStick Park.
All I know is this. ABC and ESPN are partners so I'm sure they can get it. If I'm the producer of this game I have a Don Meredith "Turn Out The Lights" rendition spooled up and ready to go when the decisive play of the game is made. :kingkong:

astros44

Waterboy
Just a quick question here- would it benefit Houston more for Pitt or the niners to win? I assume 49ers, because then if Baltimore loses one more and we win out, we'd have the first round bye? But I don't know how the AFC/NFC opponent thing works, so I could be wrong here.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Just a quick question here- would it benefit Houston more for Pitt or the niners to win? I assume 49ers, because then if Baltimore loses one more and we win out, we'd have the first round bye? But I don't know how the AFC/NFC opponent thing works, so I could be wrong here.
Pittsburgh is the AFC team sporting a 10-3 record. Pittsburgh is the team we need to see go down.

astros44

Waterboy
Pittsburgh is the AFC team sporting a 10-3 record. Pittsburgh is the team we need to see go down.
But even if Pitt goes down and Houston, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore win out, NE obviously has first seed and Baltimore 2nd, because of their win vs Houston and tiebreakers with Pitt, right? So 3rd is Houston, 4th is the west winner, and Pitt becomes 5th. Only way we get the bye is if Pitt and Baltimore lose one more, which Baltimore is unlikely to do. I'm just a little confused because Fox said the Texans were the number 1 seed before this week, but I don't see how that would be true if Baltimore had the same record, and beat us in the reg. season.

brakos82

Yaters Gonna Yate.
But even if Pitt goes down and Houston, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore win out, NE obviously has first seed and Baltimore 2nd, because of their win vs Houston and tiebreakers with Pitt, right? So 3rd is Houston, 4th is the west winner, and Pitt becomes 5th. Only way we get the bye is if Pitt and Baltimore lose one more, which Baltimore is unlikely to do. I'm just a little confused because Fox said the Texans were the number 1 seed before this week, but I don't see how that would be true if Baltimore had the same record, and beat us in the reg. season.
For this week we're locked into #3 seed whoever wins tonight... but over the next 2 weeks depending on other games, a PIT win tonight does us no good at all, while if PIT wins the division, we have a tie-breaker on them if we finish with the same record.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Ok, imagine what it would be like if Pittsburgh wins. Sucks for Houston, no? We - need - any - contender - in - the - AFC - to - go - down. There's still two games left man. The season isn't over. Seeds are still there for the taking.

astros44

Waterboy
Ok, imagine what it would be like if Pittsburgh wins. Sucks for Houston, no? We - need - any - contender - in - the - AFC - to - go - down. There's still two games left man. The season isn't over. Seeds are still there for the taking.
I realize Pitt losing would be good, lol. What I'm confused by is how were we the number 1 seed coming into this week if we had the same record as Baltimore, yet we lost to them? I know we'll be locked as seed 3 no matter what, and I know a PITT loss and a Baltimore loss means Houston is 2nd seed if they win out. I'm just going through all the scenarios. I think we'll be fine even as the third seed. Jets, Raiders, Bengals, I think they can take them all in Reliant.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
For us to get better than the 3rd seed, we need to win out, and have either BAL or NE to lose one more game. We do not control our own destiny when it comes to the bye week. In multi team tie break scenarios things are not as obvious as they may seem. If at the end of the season there is a 4 way tie at the top of AFC with HOU, NE, BAL, and PIT all at 12-4, the Texans would have the #1 seed. There are at least a couple of more recent active threads discussing it in detail, if you're interested.

astros44

Waterboy
For us to get better than the 3rd seed, we need to win out, and have either BAL or NE to lose one more game. We do not control our own destiny when it comes to the bye week. In multi team tie break scenarios things are not as obvious as they may seem. If at the end of the season there is a 4 way tie at the top of AFC with HOU, NE, BAL, and PIT all at 12-4, the Texans would have the #1 seed. There are at least a couple of more recent active threads discussing it in detail, if you're interested.
This totally clears up my question; four way tie means Texans have the top seed. Thank you.

TD

Super Bowl Mascot
For this week we're locked into #3 seed whoever wins tonight... but over the next 2 weeks depending on other games, a PIT win tonight does us no good at all, while if PIT wins the division, we have a tie-breaker on them if we finish with the same record.
Why? Houston has a better conference record than Pitt or Baltimore.

NVM I see Its h2h.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Aldon Smith is looking like the real deal. I wonder how much truth there is to the Texans wanting him if he fell to them?