Pitts' comments

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Yankee_In_TX, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

On 790 this morning they were talking about something Chester said. Anyone have a link?

2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

from link

I love it... you tell 'em Chester!

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

YUP!!! Right on!!

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Quote:
    “There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.

“The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

Well, that's true, but I do. :) I'm just too humble to say it. :shades:

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

The one serious thing I will say about that is who would Chester blame? I bet no matter who we blamed Chester would defend them (or at least not admit it). Somebody (at least one person) is not coaching well enough or not playing well enough. I don't blame Schaub for the biggest part of this mess, but I do blame him for some of it. He is not "making" plays, although he is forcing Ints. Maybe Rosenfels could do better....maybe not.

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

He's 100% correct in what he's saying but it would be a lot easier for those of us watching TV to just stick to what we do if those guys "who know what they're doing" would start looking like it at least part of the time.

8. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I don't totally disagree with Chester on this, but was he saying the same thing when Dom Capers and Gary Kubiak were both in David Carr's jock?

9. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Whatever, I CHOSE to go to law school. I could have been an NFL GM if I had wanted to.

10. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

Shut up and win something
    :bag:

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

“There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.
    While I've always liked Chester and think he's an articulate and affable guy,
    this sounds uncomfortably similar to the sort of language Kubiak is using.
    So if Chester is just parroting the company line, I'm OK with that but I'm thinkin we gotta acknowledge that that line of thought is now close to being on borrowed time.

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Why on earth would I stick to talking about something I might have knowledge of on an internet BBS? This is where folks kick and scream and make definitive statements about stuff they know nothing about.

I'll see your stupidity and raise mine two more about anything discussed here. I might be wrong, but I'm damn sure I believe in what I'm being pig headed about.

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

No doubt. I was thinking the same thing.

You're 0-2 after getting your asses handed to you, Chester. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the obvious here. You have been outplayed and outcoached. Let's see that fire you're directing at YOUR FANS next Sunday against the Jaguars. Otherwise, STFU. Fans have a right to be sick and tired of watching a losing product for seven years straight.

That crap is downright insulting, to be honest. Trust us, Chester, we know bad football when we see it. We've been conditioned to recognize it for seven seasons now.

bah007 likes this.
  14. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I don't disagree with Pitts, I'm sure none of us are NFL material when it comes to making those decisions. But where we do qualify, we pay good money to *****, and thus are entitled to our opinions irregardless of our overall knowledge :)

Besides, what would this MB be without varied opinions? As much as I'd like to ring the necks of some of my fellow posters at times, I do concede it is their God given right to express whatever they choose, and it's my right to point out their ineptness with good natured ribbing and humor :)

15. Polo

Polo Guest

I'm with Chester.

Texans have played much worse football games in Gary's tenure and despite that the record has increased every year...

Two things have been consistent with Kubiak. Wins increase every year, fans ***** and moan the whole season long. I like my team...I like where we're going...Hasn't shown up in these first two weeks, but I think we'll play better as the year goes on...JMO...

Sure there are things that need to be worked on, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "we fans know what we're talking about"....that's a joke...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
  16. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

It would just be nice to be able to watch a football game - good, bad or indifferent.

17. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Chester needs to shut up and block someone. He is saying the right things but to try and turn it around on us fans and act like we are to blame for the criticism is just stinkin' thinkin'.

Anyone getting criticism at this point, deserves that criticism. The team has not been competitive and has played with little or not fire and about zilch leadership.

I like Matt....a lot. The guy just isn't getting the job done and if Pitts wants to act like things are fine and that the fans are making a mountain out of a molehill, that is his right....but he is wrong.

I just want to start over. It's obvious Kubiak isn't going to lead us to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl anytime soon, so what the hell are we waiting for. Can his ass and get someone who has the credentials and respect around the league....oh and someone whose Rolodex could populate a coaching staff better than Kubiak's make-do staff.

Coaching is probably the most important aspect of a team right behind the QB position and the organization needs some new blood. And Matt needs to change his jersey number because not only does his jersey share the same number of HWSNBN but his play is practically identical this year.

Hire Cowher, Jimmy J, Schottenheimer, hell I would even take Barry Switzer. Just someone that can actually inspire the troops and get a team fired up. It's obvious Kubiak can't do that because this is Year 3 and the team still comes out flat 9 out of 10 games.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

First of all, everybody is allowed to voice their opinion. I bet even Chester has some opinions on things other than football that he holds. I bet he even talks about them! Does he shut up about everything but football? Public scrutiny comes with the big paycheck.

Second of all, I'm absolutely certain some players share the opinions of the fans - they aren't stupid either, and football isn't rocket science.

That being said, I guess it is a good thing the players spout the parrty line as they've almost always done.

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

It's not so much that I think we fans know more than the coaches, my concern is we know the same.

Double Barrel likes this.
  20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I have to chuckle at his honorable falling-on-the-sword defense of a QB who just posted a 27.8 QB rating. I don't blame him, it's what linemen do for their QB. But it's not the fan's fault, Chester. It really isn't.

shhhhh, Chester thinks it's a brownie.... :secret: