Pictures from 10-21-07 Tennessee-Houston game...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk Archive' started by BullPenPhotos, Oct 21, 2007.

1. BullPenPhotos

BullPenPhotos Moderator

2. Lollerskates

Lollerskates Rookie

Could you put some more water marks on the pictures?

3. LonghornBabe

LonghornBabe Tubin' Chic

Great pics Andy!!! Since I couldn't be there....at least I could watch all the tailgating fun!!!!

Hope to see my Blue Crew friends soon!!!

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Great as usual!!

Gotta love them twins!!!

And we hope to see you soon too LHB!!!

5. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Great pics as usual Andy

6. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Outstanding again. Thanks Bull Pen.

7. Texan_Bill

Wassup with that?!?!

8. BullPenPhotos

BullPenPhotos Moderator

Well...I probably could if you ask nice enough... :sarcasm:

Or you can spend several thousands of dollars in camera and computer equipment over the past 5 years.
    Then come into the game and take on average 1200-1500 pictures per game.
    Then spend several hours after each game to download the pictures to my computer, get them organized for easier viewing, resized, watermarked (wait...You wouldn't do that...), and the web pages created and uploaded to a site that you have been providing free to Texans fans since the first season.

So starting next game...Just for you...I will make sure that the watermarks...Which are about as unobtrusive as I can make them for viewing, but just enough so people can't take my pictures, print them out and sell them on EBay saying that they took them.

So everyone else...Say a big thanks to Lollerskates... :dangit:

Vinny likes this.
  9. Texan_Bill

WTF..... I think that was the first comment in 5+ years other than 'thanks' and/or compliments for your pics. At least you know who appreciates them and oh, keep them coming..

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Thanks for the pics Andy!! Also, thanks for sending the one of Aaron and McCall to me.

You are VERY MUCH appreciated by the one's who care!! Don't pay any attention to the one's who don't!! What YOU and HOOKUM have done for TEXAN fans goes way beyond the Ultimate Fan concept!! Nothing any of us can say or do can repay you for the time, effort, and CARE that you put into your work.

All I can say is THANKS A LOT!!!!!

11. Lollerskates

Lollerskates Rookie

I could understand the watermarks if they were high res pics like getty images does, but who would really want to steal a low res pic? Even then, shouldnt 1 watermark suffice? (getty images only puts 1 watermark on their pics)

Yes, it is painful to look at a picture with 5 huge watermarks on it, and that's why I made the earlier comment.

12. Texan_Bill

Here's an option:

DONT LOOK! :splits:

13. jjjezebel

jjjezebel ¬°Ay, caramba!

The pictures are lower res/watermarked for a couple of reasons.
    1. Space and bandwidth concerns. I mean really, we're talking about almost 1200 pictures a game here! Not to mention the pictures he gets from training camps, pre-season games, and the Texan's other outside activities as well!

Andy's more than happy to send someone a copy of the hi-res (un-watermarked) picture if it's one they really like, as long as it's for personal use only. (And they ask nicely.)

2. See his comment about his pics being printed out, and being sold on eBay. Before he began watermarking them, "fans" would steal the pictures, then get them autographed to fetch a higher price. (Yes, even at low res!) I know, because as the eBay queen, I was the one that found them. There are a lot of people who don't believe that if a picture is on a website that it can be copyrighted material. He's simply trying to protect his property.

My husband puts a lot of time, money, and effort into providing these pictures to not only the Texans fans, but to the fans from the opposing team as well. Instead of b*tching about a few watermarks, why not instead thank him for all the work he puts into getting some really phenomenal shots, and being kind enough to share them with everyone.

Considering he knows that most of the cheerleaders and even some of the players and their families frequent and enjoy the site on a regular basis, it makes your complaint seem that much more petty.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

new poster, hiding behind a proxy IP...hmmm. I smell a Titans fan.

15. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

I can attest to how long it takes to put a web site up with all those photos together. It's very time consuming and a royal PITA. I don't have a fraction of the pics to post that you do, but I dread spending the time on getting them up on the site.

I say...keep the watermarks on the photos. Its your property, you have a right to prevent it from being stolen.

16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

They are your pictures. Don't change something because of one ignorant post. I think the pictures are great and have commented on them several times. Personally, I think they should send you to away games to shoot pictures too. lol. Keep up the good work.:cool:

I'm not ready to look at these pictures yet. My heart was ripped from my chest and used as a speed bag, but I have no doubt I'll take a gander once the healing is complete.

17. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

Shooting a few assignments myself, I can attest to the amount of time and money it takes to do what Andy does. It takes several hours just to go though the pictures, not to mention cropping, editing, and uploading. Thank goodness for batch processing or it would take hours longer. Andy does a great job taking those pictures - and he does it at no cost to you! Think about what you are doing after a game - because Andy is still working on getting those pictures processed for the website. How many images are in the getty galleries online? Not near as many as Andy takes. Photographs are copyrighted material, but unfortunately some people like to use other people's work for their own monetary gain. I have no problem with the watermarks. I can tell you that if I took pictures of the game, mine would be watermarked as well.

PS...Great pics as usual Andy!

18. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I actually thought that he was selling these pictures because of the watermarks. I never had a problem with it but I was a little bit perplexed that he was allowed to do that because I thought it was against the rules.

MAD PROPS to bullpenphotos.

19. DiapHer

DiapHer GO BIG RED!!!

"Allowed" to do this and what "rules" are you talking about? These are his own photo's that he is sharing with everyone. Like Andy and his wife said if there is a photo you are interested in shoot him a pm "nicely" (I do know he does like bribes:devilpig:j/k )and he will send you a copy.

20. BullPenPhotos

BullPenPhotos Moderator

I think you might be right since I posted the same stuff to the GoTitans.com site and had the post deleted without any reason that I got...

Don't worry...I am not going to be changing anything because of this...Except maybe asking Vinny or Hookem for his IP address so we can block it from our site... :whistle: