Pick your favorite complaint and get it out of your system

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hervoyel, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Here's my thought. I want to take one thing I'm not happy about and just expound on that in this post. Things have been so good around here over the past seven weeks (in spite of all the injuries and adversity) that yesterday's loss didnt' even begin to put me in a funk BUT..... I noticed something that I want to ***** about. It's not something that's going to derail my whole season or start up a big Soap/No-Soap "war". It's just something I am sick and tired of seeing.

Turf

Our turf is just unbelievably shitty. I'm so tired of watching players (ours and even theirs) slip on this crap and seeing big chunks of it come up as they go down. This week against the Panthers (and no, it would not have changed the result) it seemed like once a drive Foster or Tate would slide to the ground trying to make a cut and that would kill the play. When that happened I always saw a chunk of crappy wanna-be turf come up.

I want to see the end of the tray system. I think it's a failure and that our already exceptional back would be even better on a faster, surer surface be it grass done "differently" somehow or "other".

If it played well I wouldn't have a problem with it's appearance but while we're at it the stuff looks terrible. Everyone's grass field looks rough this time of year but ours seems to always get a head start on turning yellow and blotchy. It's aesthetic but it goes along with the practical in this case.

That's my ***** and that's all I'm gonna say about it. I want the turf fixed. Next?

HollaIFyaHEMI and Double Barrel like this.
  2. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Was there another game this week? Are we not wearing the right cleats?

I only ask because for many years Reliant's field was a favorite or players around the league....?

My gripe:

I saw the Texans of old Sunday. I don't want to see them again. Everyone sucked, defensive play calling sucked, kicking sucked, and I can't even judge our offensive play calling because it was so poorly executed. I don't want to see a total team meltdown again. If I see it again this year, I will look to the head coach.

3. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Mistakes happen, but....

FUMBLES

We simply can't be giving the other team an extra possession or two a game because we aren't securing the ball properly. This has been a bit of an issue the last couple of weeks and I would like to see some extra attention paid to it by our ball carriers.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Not running the ball enough

5. jjjezebel

jjjezebel ¡Ay, caramba!

Hee! I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. (I hear so many people gripe that we run too much.)

My gripe?
    THE FANS - Shut the hell up when we're on offense already!

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I'm serious. We should've run quite a bit more against a bad D. Even when we were behind

7. jjjezebel

jjjezebel ¡Ay, caramba!

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. (And I don't disagree!) :texflag:

8. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

Wrong end of the turnover stick. We've got lucky the last few games, but it was eventually going to bite us. Offense needs to tighten it up. Defense needs to cause more.

Señor Stan and ATXtexanfan like this.

9. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

I think the Texans bought into their own hype. The recieving crowd at Reliant after the Cin game, Yates getting rook of the week, naming their defense... May not "say" they did, but it seems like it.

Flip side, better to get the smack of reality now against NFC Panthers vs. remaining AFC division rivals later. Gotta still play the game, no one is gonna lay down.

Better step it back up soon.

10. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I hate when other drivers make a mistake while driving like cut you off and then get pissed off at you when you were in the right.

Oh, you probably meant Texans related.......

:backsout:

11. since02

since02 "Step 1"

My complaint:

Jacoby Jones

This guy should not be a No.2 receiver... I don't understand why the coaching staff keeps rewarding him as a starter after so many drops and horrible attempts to make catches... this should be a major factor come draft time.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's a good one. Wouldn't it be nice if McNair got a new field as a Christmas/Play-offs present for the guys?

I've got nothing to gripe about. I'm still on a koolaide high

13. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Like Yankee said yesterday's team was the old Texans, half ass effort, fumbles, dropped passes, and unmotivated.

14. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Addressing Hervoyel's complaint about the field conditions. Look for the field for the Titans game to be even worse. The bowl game between A&M and Northwestern will be played the day before that game.

HollaIFyaHEMI likes this.
  15. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

The lack of a deep passing attack and why the texans front office will not go after a real threat to help the wr corp for the playoffs.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

We looked like a bunch of Bulls on Parade yesterday :kitten:

Wolf, thunderkyss and ATXtexanfan like this.
  17. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

Where is the damn vertical game???

Also, Conner.....dont EVER do that stupid sack dance you did yesterday again.

18. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I wish the turf was better, The vertical game was something noticably missing in my mind as I watched yesterday. Wade and his kidney were like the elephant not in the room and we missed him (not making fun of his shape, just using the old metaphor). I have concerns all around. I never met a fan that didn't.

I hope this thread sticks around because there is sure to be something within the next two weeks that turns into a real ***** for me. For now, however, I'm feeling pretty grateful when I look at the big picture. :kingkong:

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Sad part about the turf situation is that Reliant will host a playoff game, and if the turf is a factor in the game, expect a backlash since it will be a national stage.

Seeing our star RB try to make a cut and fall on his butt is disheartening.

20. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Yeah, the field looked pretty bad from my upper tank perch yesterday. When I peeped through the 'nocs, it looked like it had just been tilled and they were about to plant corn or something.

As someone mentioned, a bowl game the day before the Titans game. I'd imagine it'll be in pretty bad shape for that one.

And yeah, DB, hopefully they can get a decent field in there for the playoffs.