Phins Fans thoughts

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Air Canada, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Some quotes from Phins fans on this weeks game...

:thumbdown

:good:

:ahhaha:

:pop:

:secret:

:thinking:

2. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Can't expect much less. In Week 2 all teams at least still have some glimmer of hope. Their fans will rise and fall with their team.

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

If our offense and defense and special teams play as they can, Miami is going to be in big trouble. One of the above posters said AJ is the only thing we have better than Patriots, ever hear of the NFL rushing leader? since he did not play lastr week he was evidently forgotten. I think I will put OD up against any TE in NFL this season.

4. TdotTexas2Step

TdotTexas2Step All Pro

Meh, I saw legitimate points in every one of those excerpts.

The one that stuck out to me the most was the "hopefully we don't expect much from them" line.

As long as the coaches prepare the team and drill into their head that this Dolphins team has what it takes to beat us if we play average, then we'll be fine.

We've gotta walk into this like it's week 1. Because in a sense, it is.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

What's the spread now? 2.5?

I think the real people who know think just like those guys on that board. We've got a good team, but we haven't made a habit of winning. I'm truly worried about our boys on the road.

No crowd, no cheer leaders, no Toro..... Just Wary on the sideline.

6. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

I really believe we will get the win tomorrow. There is no excuse to lose to the dolphins tomorrow. For starters, we are 5-0 against them and i feel like tomorrow we will be 6-0. With an offense like ours and a defense like the one showed up last week, we shouldnt lose to fake teams like the dolhpins. That doesnt mean we should overlook them and underestimate them. But they should know that if they lose to a team like the dolphins tomorrow we will not be going to the playoffs. The time is over to lose to teams like the dolphins and other bad teams. I feel like our offense is just as good as the pats, and our defense should be alot better than what the pats did and the pats still held them well (except for henne's 419 yards)

I feel like we will hand the phins their 10th loss at home in the last 11 tries.

Yeah I am chugging the koolaid right now! :koolaid:

GO TEXANS!!!!

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

good post. :clap:

8. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

The Patriots don't really generate a pass rush, which even after only a handful of games under Phillips I believe we can which won't allow for Chad freakin Henne to have another career day. Their fans will also become accustomed to our stable of TE's, including Casey

9. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

"I've been saying it all week so far but the difference in our defensive performance will be going from Gronkowski and Hernandez to Owen Daniels and Joel Dreesen. Those guys might be alright, but they are not on the same level as the TEs for NE."

Not on the same level? I think the FinFans will find out soon enough on what level they're on. Not to mention when we unfold the Swiss Army Knife.......

10. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

My feeling exactly... This was my response to them

:lol:

My response to that ^^

:chickendance:

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I agree that we should win today, but being 5-0 actually works against us. 1st of all, we've beaten them 5 times by a combined 14 points. 2nd of all, the law of averages is a ******. 3rd, they had a top 5 or so D last season; not gonna be a cakewalk. 4th, they really look like they've opened it up on offense and we're taking our D into it's second regular season game. We really have no idea of how good or bad they will play. I'm expecting great things, but there are our Texans...ya just never know.
    I don't understand the fake team comment at all. They were sucky at home last season, but they were also very much like our Houston Texans in that they lost some heartbreakers that they very well could've and shouldve won.
    Other than that, I'm having my self a nice glass of :koolaid: too.

12. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

I'd admit that the Pats's TE corps is probably better than ours.

13. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I'd admit that Tom Brady makes the Patriots' TE corps better than ours.

14. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

Well, we don't have Tom Brady, so I don't know why we've got our knickers in a bunch because the Phins fans are saying that our TEs probably won't do the same amount of damage as the Pats's TEs did to them last week.

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

:user:

No...

This is what they're saying >> "Both New England tight ends are better than Daniels and it's not close. The ONLY thing the Texans have better than the Pats is Andre Johnson."

16. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

Alright, my bad. I still stand by my assessment though. I'd say Gronkowski is probably better than Daniels. I know we love our players, but we tend to see them through rose-colored glasses. OD is great, but he is not elite. Gronkowski is playing at an elite level, and while you might attribute that to the QB, the fact stands, he is playing at a higher level than Owen Daniels at this point.

I don't agree with the "and it's not even close" part though...

17. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Alright, will the real buddyboy please stand up...:D

I've been over there as well and it seemed to me like losing to NE "only" 38-24 was some kind of badge of honor. Like they worship the Pats or something. Now in their minds they play some fool team from a lesser division. I think they'll feel differently this time tomorrow.

As for me, I'm always worried.

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

I remember the old days of "Whew! Glad that the Colts beatdown is behind us now, we're REALLY gonna' play and bounce back next week!"

It was only like a year or so ago. If Schaub starts recognizing that LBs are waiting for the little dump-off pass to our RBs, we'll be OK. His LB recognition skills are awful. LOL. Needs more time in the simulator.

Ben Tate will grind them down. I predict play-action pass plays will target OD and AJ, a few plays to JJ that could go long and maybe even score if we get lucky.

I feel good about this.

19. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

I got this exact feeling myself.. I kept seeing... "Our defense wasn't that bad.. Brady is just that good" a lot and there where more than a few not the most knowledgable about the Texans... :kitten:

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The Patriots signed Haynesworth & Anderson to their front four to help their pass rush... most people would have thought that was enough.

The Dolphins Added Marc Columbo, then moved him inside. Then they added Nate Solder to the right side of their line, opposite Jake Long. And Mike Pouncey in the middle.

So who did more? Did we do enough to offset the Dolphins' moves? We'll find out.....