Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler or Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by GlenRice, Dec 9, 2013.

?

2014 Texan's QB

1. Micheal Vick

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Philip Rivers

35 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. Jay Cutler

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. Matt schuab

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. GlenRice

GlenRice Veteran

If the Texans want to win now I think they should try to get a veteran QB. If the the Chargers miss the playoffs I think they will look into trading Philip Rivers for a high pick so they can draft QB and rebuild. Cutler and Vick are both free agent. So out of the three which one would you rather see in Texans uniform

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

None, rather have the pick.

3. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

None, keep the pick.

Anyone giving up a high draft pick for Rivers should be fired immediately.

4. Rey

Rey Guest

Rivers is having a good year

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Veteran

You wouldn't even trade a 2nd and 3rd for Rivers?

6. Rey

Rey Guest

Absolutely

7. YeaLikeRightNow

YeaLikeRightNow Veteran

I'd rather see us get a seasoned QB such as Rivers, than take the years to develop a QB in a system that has yet to prove itself as stable, when it comes to QB molding. The high draft picks could be used to acquire talent also sorely needed in other positions, or trade down to get more experienced players.

The key to a good team is a mix of experienced players and hopeful young players.

8. Rey

Rey Guest

I don'tiknow how trades of incoming players affect the cap but I might trade a 3rd for him.

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Not that interested in any of them. Although, Rivers or Cutler could always have a big year potentially. Rivers just has the worst release I've ever seen. Not that it's ever held him back. I just don't know if this season is an anomaly for him. Cutler has a lot of skills, but his attitude is just strange and gets in his own way.

I have no idea why Vick is even on this list. He is a terrible passer and always has been other then one season in his entire career. No way he can stay healthy either way.

With a better Oline, I think that Keenum is just as good as any of these options and I'm not really sold on Keenum anymore.

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Veteran

Philip Rivers on this team this year, 9-7 at worst

11. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

I put Philip Rivers ONLY if Whisenhunt came to Houston. The guy can do wonders with QBs. Do you think it is any coonencedence that rivers is having a bounce back year this year? Nope. It's because of Whisenhunt.

Vick - are you kidding me? Can't stay healthy.

Cutler - he has his head up his ass most of the time. Too inconsistent.

Schaub - you must be kidding...

You should have had a "none of the above, keep the pick option". That's probably what I would have chosen.

12. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

This is probably going to be Rivers' best year as a pro. But last year was probably his worst. He's got to be in the right situation. His release really, really gives me bad HWWNBN flashbacks. I'd probably give a 3rd or a 4th for him. But why on earth would San Diego trade him when they've got a 2nd year coach who seems to know how to get the best out of him?

Cutler has thrown for more than 4000 yards exactly once in his entire career and his QB rating has never broken 90. He's the classic case of a guy that's got all of the potential in the world but who's never been able to put it all together. I don't expect him to go Rich Gannon on us and suddenly put it together now. So. No.

Michael Vick? No. You're lucky to get 3000 yards out of him. He's just not very good.

I'd prefer to draft someone and go through a year of them learning on the field (and possibly performing like some recent rookie QBs have) as opposed to bringing in someone for a disgruntled year.

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Would rather have Rivers of the ones you mention, but not for a high pick. Therefore:

[​IMG]

14. TexansFTW

TexansFTW All Pro

lol, hell no. I would rather Rick Smith blow the 3rd round pick like he does every year, and then blame someone else for it.

Plus, if you bring in Rivers you have to pay Rivers his market value, which is WAYYY too much for Texans to get under cap with. We can't pay 2 middling QBs a combined Joe Flacco salary.

15. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

Bridgewater

smh OP

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I'd prefer that we keep whatever picks we'd spend getting a veteran QB but if it absolutely was going to be one of the guys you listed I'd take Rivers.

17. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

None of those guys. Either Case makes it or he doesn't. If he doesn't, then draft a QB.

19. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Sign Vick... AND THEN CUT HIM. That'll learn him for declaring early to avoid us!

[​IMG]

20. GlenRice

GlenRice Veteran

You guys are out of your mind. you rather have scrub bridgewater than Philip freaking Rivers. I hope Rick Smith doesn't read this forum.