PHI signs WR Steve Smith

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by srrono, Aug 10, 2011.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    Eagles agree to terms with former Giants Pro Bowl WR Steve Smith on a one-year contract.

2. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I wonder if he and Maclin play a combined 16 games. If healthy though, watch out.

3. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Mario Manningham's stock just rose a bit, and Desean Jackson's just took a small hit.

4. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

As a Giants fan ...

:wadepalm:

5. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

As a G-men fan as well.. I think it's not that bad. He wasn't going to be ready for a while, and signing him this early not knowing when exactly he would be ready.. I understand.. he was great in the slot, but now it is time for one of the other younger guys to step up since Boss has left as well... If Eli just doesn't throw 2 dozen picks this season, I think the O will be fine !

6. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Actually, from what I've heard, one of the reasons that Smith got away from the Giants was because of a difference of opinion on how soon he would be ready to play. The Giants apparently felt like there was no great rush to bring him in, and the Eagles were buying into an accelerated time-table for his return.

LINK

Obviously, at least one of the teams is wrong about when Smith will be back, so it will be interesting to see when he next takes the field, and how he performs if it turns out to be sooner as opposed to later.