Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

PFW:Texan Tidbits

Wolf

100% Texan
* Texans head coach Gary Kubiak says an improved approach to the game has been key for second-year DE Mario Williams. “He’s a pro,” Kubiak told Houston reporters last week. “He knows how to practice. If you watch the kid out here, he enjoys himself. I mean, he works on the scout team. Mario found the love for the game, and I think Mario looks at himself and says, ‘Dang, I could get a lot better. I could be a great player.’ I think all those things — the light has come on for him from that standpoint — and Mario enjoys being here, he enjoys working. And if you’re going to last a long time, be a great player, those things are very important. You can see it happening for him every day.”

* There is confusion and amusement among both Titans and Texans observers about DT Albert Haynesworth’s dislike of Texans QB Matt Schaub. The Titans knocked Schaub out of the game in both meetings between the teams, and Haynesworth poked fun at Schaub’s play after both matchups. Schaub had never played against Haynesworth in three previous seasons.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2007/whispers120807.htm

Perhaps he was confusing him with Mr. Mittens (this new nickname is so much better than YKW - thanks to whomever came up with it). Fat Albert isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, ya know.

I think Haynesworth is just trying to stir the rivalry thing, thats fine! I just wish we had someone to fire back & get our team to play them like we do the Jags. I can't wait for Dunta to come back, because he is our only vocal leader on the team!:texflag:

Back