Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

PFW: Playoffs shine light on Texans' weak No. 2 WR spot

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Playoffs shine light on Texans' weak No. 2 WR spot

Posted Jan. 15, 2012 @ 5:28 p.m. ET
By Arthur Arkusha arkush@pfwmedia.com

The Texans will be watching the AFC championship game at home because they turned the ball over four times in the divisional-playoff loss to the Ravens. And while rookie QB T.J. Yates deserves much of the blame for throwing three interceptions — all into double coverage — the costly turnovers magnified perhaps Houston's greatest remaining weakness: a lack of a legitimate No. 2 wideout who occasionally demands double-teams. Yates was looking for a bracketed Andre Johnson on all three picks because WRs Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones were virtual nonfactors. In two postseason games, Walter caught three passes for 36 yards, Jones had zero catches (and a costly fumble on a punt return) and no other Texans wideout caught a pass. The WR position will be the Texans' top offseason need, we hear, and could be the one area holding them back from becoming an elite offense.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/01/15/playoffs-shine-light-on-texans-weak-no-2-wr-spot

PHAROAH

Rookie
We need to draft at least 2 wideouts in the draft and bring in a free agent like Harry Douglass to man the slot position and dump Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter & Trindon Holiday and start over fresh.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Walter couldn't stay as the slot receiver? I mean I know his starting days need to be over, but...

Texn4life

All Pro
Keep Walter at a reduced salary
Sign Reggie Wayne if he's serious about playing with Andre
Get Lestar Jean in the mix
Draft a receiver in the top 2 rounds

Our receiving crew can be something special if these things take place. I'm still not quite sure though why the Colts are thinking about cutting bait with Wayne. Does anyone know about this?

PHAROAH

Rookie
Why do you guys like Kevin Walter so much this guy is a none factor he only catch underneath passes and like in yesterdays game he dropped a pass right in the chest that killed a drive in the first half and Jacoby Jones you all know the rest. The amount of money that the Texans are paying Kevin Walter we are not getting a return on those dollars plus he can't get open on mid to deep routes at all he is dirt slow!!!!

Cjeremy635

Overtraining
Why do you guys like Kevin Walter so much this guy is a none factor he only catch underneath passes and like in yesterdays game he dropped a pass right in the chest that killed a drive in the first half and Jacoby Jones you all know the rest. The amount of money that the Texans are paying Kevin Walter we are not getting a return on those dollars plus he can't get open on mid to deep routes at all he is dirt slow!!!!
Yes, Kevin doesn't stretch the field, but he is a good posession receiver. I know he dropped a pass yesterday, but receivers drop passes....period. Andre has his share too, that doesn't mean we are going to cut him. I don't think KW should be the # 2, but he does play tough and will go across the middle, make the catch, and take the hit.

And yes, he can catch. He caught the winning catch in the first Bengals game if you remember. Don't hang him out to dry for dropping one. If you want to say he's not fast, fine. If you want to say he can't get seperation, fine. But don't make up facts to fit your argument about a player. He's not a # 1 and not really a # 2. I think he still fills a role on this team though.