Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

PFT: Walter Injured, return to action pending

I liked TJ when he was with Cincy. He stunk it up big time as a #1, though. Maybe he would like to relive his glory days as a #2?

Kubiak said it is being treated as a collarbone bruise and he'll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.

Kubiak did say no collar bone fracture, but when he said it was just a bruise, he didn't specify a collar bone bruise. A bruised shoulder could mean just muscle bruise (such as deltoid) or dislocation (which could be associated with other injury). If it is a simple collar bone bruise, there should be no problem getting him back on the field immediately with added protection. We'll just have to wait and see.

Per 610 text alert, MRI reveals bruise, but no fracture for K Walter

"SR610: An MRI finds Texans WR Kevin Walter has a badly bruised collarbone, but it is not broken. He and Arian Foster will be reevaluated later this week."

[/QUOTE]

"SR610: An MRI finds Texans WR Kevin Walter has a badly bruised collarbone, but it is not broken. He and Arian Foster will be reevaluated later this week."

glad to hear this. I hoped this was goiong to be the case.

If you listen to the audio of Kubiak's conference, he stated that "does not a fracture.........treated as a bad bruise." SR610 decided to add "collar bone" to their description. Hopefully, that's all it is. But Kubiak definitely did not specify that specific injury. (You might want to refer to my post above)

Awesome! I guess no TJ then? But Walter is a beast in the run game. He could be easily replaced in the passing game, but he is very under-rated in run blocking.

If you listen to the audio of Kubiak's conference, he stated that "does not a fracture.........treated as a bad bruise." SR610 decided to add "collar bone" to their description. Hopefully, that's all it is. But Kubiak definitely did not specify that specific injury. (You might want to refer to my post above)

I posted mine from my iphone before I had a chance to read yours.

Not being a smart ass here, but are you assuming that 610 got the information in their alert from Kubiak?
It might be possible that the team provided specifics outside of what Kubiak said.

I posted mine from my iphone before I had a chance to read yours.

Not being a smart ass here, but are you assuming that 610 got the information in their alert from Kubiak?
It might be possible that the team provided specifics outside of what Kubiak said.

I don't take it as you being a smart ass at all. It's a legitimate question. My answer would have to be that being that it was immediately after the conference, it would make sense that this would have been their only source.

The question is whether 610 followed up and got more information on the bruise before indicating that it was at the collar bone, or just randomly guessed. My guess is that it's legitimate...unlike the broken shoulder report--complete with the 10-12 week recovery time, which is patently false.

Good to hear that KW won't be out long if any at all.....but dang I was kinda liking the Whoseyamama idea. He'd be a perfect fit here for a #2 but if KW's not going to be out for long I guess not.

Just got this text alert from 610:

""SR610: An MRI reveals entire Colts roster has a badly bruised ego, and all players are considered questionable for Sunday's game."

We came out of this game basically unscathed if KW is day to day. Except for some nitpicking, this Sunday was a resounding success, even though I will still nitpick over some details....:tiphat:

Lol!

The fun thing about the Colts season this year is that they have about 5 or 6 primetime games it seems....will be fun watching this train wreck
I bet the guy that came up with that flex scheduling business got a nice raise today. May the Colts become the new Bungles.

I bet the guy that came up with that flex scheduling business got a nice raise today. May the Colts become the new Bungles.
The week 13 Colts vs. Pats SNF could be in jeopardy of being replaced. And the Texans week 13 game vs the Falcons could be an intriguing matchup.

Lol!

The fun thing about the Colts season this year is that they have about 5 or 6 primetime games it seems....will be fun watching this train wreck

If I have to hear one more word about how good Peyton is while giving absolutely no credit to the opponent ... I think I might just puke.

The Patriots released Moss. Are they serious about winning?

2 totally different situations.

The Pats are going with more 2TE/2WR intermediate passing game, plus they kept Slater for his ST value. Brady has a better rapport with Branch than he does Moss.

2 totally different situations.

The Pats are going with more 2TE/2WR intermediate passing game, plus they kept Slater for his ST value. Brady has a better rapport with Branch than he does Moss.

Are you kidding? The three years in New England that Moss wanted to be a good citizen, he had 3750 yards and 47 touchdowns. I don't know how you get better rapport than that.

Branch has a total of 34 touchdowns in his entire career.

Moss is now old and his talent is no longer worth the headaches and lack of effort. It's pretty much that simple. If the Patriots think he's not good enough to make their team, I can't see how he has anything left.

Meh, rub some dirt on it and get back out there on the field.

I bet they tried that immediately, Bill!

When they were initially vasillating between a possible "collarbone fracture" and "collarbone or shoulder bruise," it got me thinking that it's sounding much like he may have sustained a shoulder separation (not dislocation which is different) which can be preliminarily diagnosed by the combination of identifying how he injured himself and physical examination. An x-ray can find many fractures, but minor undisplaced fractures may be difficult to demonstrate early. With a shoulder separation, even a more minor one, there can be a small step-off deformity on physical examination. An MRI for these reasons is obtained in such a case to rule out the fracture, and examine the soft tissues for tear. In a shoulder separation, there is a tear of one or more structures that stabilized the collarbone near its outer border. These are usually connected to front parts of the scapula (shoulder blade) called the acromion process and coracoid process. This is why the terms "collarbone" and "shoulder" can be confusingly interchanged in discussing this type of injury. Various areas of tears and extent of tears dictate the treatment and extent and length of debilitation. We will have a better idea if he doesn't return to play by at least the Saints game.

scapula.gif

7618-0550x0475.jpg

hwkb17_036_04.jpg

Back