[PFT] Cushing Says He’ll “Take Action Toward” NFLDraftBible.com

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans34Life, May 1, 2009.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

In a Thursday interview with ESPN 1530 in Austin, Texans linebacker Brian Cushing said that he’ll “take action toward” NFLDraftBible.com for its erroneous report that Cushing tested positive at the Scouting Combine for steroids.

That action could include a letter from a lawyer demanding a settlement, and it could include a lawsuit.

Cushing explained that, with the draft over, the next step will be to address the April 2 report from NFLDraftBible.com.

“I’m pretty tired of everything happening with all these supposed rumors [and] people trying to tarnish my reputation,” Cushing said. “I’m not sure what happened. I’m don’t know if it’s my playing attitude [or] people just don’t like how I handle myself. But you know that’s too bad for them.”

On April 3, we reported on the existence of the report, with multiple disclaimers that we were taking no position as to the accuracy of the NFLDraftBible.com allegations. In our view, the existence of the report was newsworthy — and we then embarked on an effort (thanks to the efforts of our in-house journalist Aaron Wilson) to get to the truth.

CAA sent to us that same day a statement from Cushing’s agent, Tom Condon, regarding the situation.

“There is no truth to the vicious and false rumor regarding Brian Cushing’s drug test at the Combine,” Condon said. “Brian, in fact, has been informed by league representatives that his test result was negative for any banned substances. Furthermore, neither the League office nor Brian’s representatives have been contacted regarding a positive test.”

After the official list of positive results came out in the days preceding the draft, NFLDraftBible.com retracted its report, and apologized.

So we hope you’ll all tune in next year to track the various prospects at NFLDraftBible.com, brought to you by Brian Cushing. And Clay Matthews. And Vontae Davis. And B.J. Raji.

2. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

:spit:

3. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Translation:
    Hey, don't sue US!! It's NOT our FAULT!
    We just repeated the lie we heard on the internet!!
    Then we askeded some another dudes what they'd heard...
    just don't sue us!

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I hope Cushing, Matthews and the like (particularly their attorneys) go hard after the site/people that produced the erroneous...scratch that LIES.

Like anything else, that site needs to be made an example of and be slaughtered in court. So that other people who try and "get/make a story" will think twice before tarnishing a person's reputation.

I'm sick and tired of the media reporting on sh*t that doesn't matter, that I don't care about especially... with biasness. They're trying to make money by publicizing negative crap about people whether it's true or not. I think we need to bring back the punishment of chopping off hands when people steal or do other stuff.

Actually better yet, I'd leave Cushing alone in a room with these guys and let him settle it.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I agree. I hope they get whats coming to them. Check your sources or reveal them and let them get punnished. Someone should go down bc of this. Its not like they werent warned

6. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Ooh! Ooh!
    Can I have the Pay-per-View rights?!!
    :money:

7. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"In a Thursday interview with ESPN 1530 in Austin, Texans "
    Huh !
    I'm not surprised by the plans for legal action, as I think we all expected this.
    What I'm surprised about is that a radio station, a member of the media outside of the city limits of Houston, TX actually scheduled and conducted an on-air interview with a Texans' Draft choice. Nah, its just a typo, forget it. Probably the local Houston ESPN affiliate, but "Austin" entered in error.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

It was on in Austin.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Get used to it bro. With us picking a 1st rounder out of USC, it's going to happen more and more. The media loves USC guys because with them also comes a huge California market. We did good by picking up Cushing.

10. Texaninlild

Texaninlild Hall of Fame

Can we take action for the stupid things Justice says daily?.....or does he get a pass because we know to ignore them?

11. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

I am a huge critic of 1530 because the afternoon guys are both anti-Houston douches. They've mocked the Texans and Astros every chance they get and really don't know all that much about the respective teams. They are both Longhorn goobers and lovers of the Dallas Cowboys. Still, they do a decent job of getting H-town guests to fill their on-air interview segments. They regularly have LZ on each week and sometimes invite the Dickie Justices of the Houston sports scene on. My problem with them is the b.s. they spew about Houston teams in between.

12. texicantone

texicantone Rookie

Believe it or not there are a bunch of us Texans fans in Austin & we greatly appreciate the local ESPN affiliate interviewing & discussing other teams besides the Cowpokes.

13. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Do you ever call in or email them about the Texans? The more they hear from us, the better.

texicantone likes this.
  14. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I know about you guys and appreciate your dedication to the Texans, but everything I've heard is that the media outside of Houston but still in state behaves as if they know nothing of the existance of another NFL franchise in Texas ? And won't ole Jer be really upset when he gets wind of this ?

texicantone likes this.
  15. texicantone

texicantone Rookie

Honestly, I do not call in to their show. When I do call, I call the Craig Way show. He's the voice of the Longhorns, but he is actually unbiased in his coverage to all teams and gives credit to all the teams that deserve them.:texflag:

16. texicantone

texicantone Rookie

Now, I can't argue that point very well because it is true. I have to order Sunday Ticket just to be able to watch all the Texans games because of the stupid people at our local CBS affiliate keeps choosing to show Titans games even though Vince is not the starter anymore.

17. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Craig Way is on 1300, not 1530.

18. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

John McClain was on the same day I missed both do to other stuff going on.

19. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Cushing has about as much of a case against NFLDraftBible as John McCain does against the New York Times over them claiming they had sources claiming McCain had an affair with a lobbyist.

The standards for public figures are much different than for private citizens.

20. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I can't understand how you are able to even listen to any ESPN radio station. ESPN's local talent sucks major D**k in all of the markets they are in. Dallas, Austin and San Antonio markets all suck and its not even about the Texans with me.