Peyton Manning is Evil

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I have a confession.

I was watching the game yesterday in a sports bar, and late in the game, when Peyton Manning kept throwing the ball, I started yelling how I wanted him to get really hurt and ruin Indy's season.

And I felt conflicted about that, because you really shouldn't want to wish for harm for someone who is a talented athlete. Until I had this revelation that I've shared in the Fanhouse:

"Peyton Manning is Evil"

Read it and you will believe. It makes sense. Or at least as much sense as some of the theories thrown around here. :cool:

Bygones. Looking forward to the Redskins game.

Superstar likes this.
  2. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Nice article. Didn't really think about it this way... the drive before halftime proves it.

I think he's trying to pad his numbers for a HOF run. And we helped his case.

3. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I'm glad I'm not alone. I kept replaying Joe Thiesman in my head and putting Manning on the back of the jersey.

4. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

I hate the guy.

but...I drafted him on my fantasy team to ease my pain.

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

If the Texans went for it on 4th down instead of making that long FG attempt & converted, Payton never gets the chance for that late TD drive. While I understand the need to come away with something by giving the ball back with that much time left to the Colts was clearly in my view an error on Kubiak and his staff.

Concerning HOF numbers Payton is already there, I like the fact when you have your opponent on the ropes you go for the jugular, its called killer instinct something the Texans could use.

6. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Nice article...lol. Truth is, we will be on everyone's highlight reel this year until we can stop the bleeding. If you don't want him to run up the score, stop him. I know it's tacky, but players are individuals and sometimes they want to have career days. Unfortunately, most of the time it is against us. :wild:

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Usually people make confessions after doing something they know is wrong, way to come correct. I enjoy your takes and heard you today on Sports Radio 610 @ end of show, nice.

8. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

This is not the first time that Payton has ran it up on the Texans in the 4th quarter. He just loves padding his stats on the Texans.

9. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

My guess is someone he knew had money on the game. The line was 13 points or so, and they had us by 12. He needed one more TD to get 19. And thats what happened.

10. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Look, the Colts were going to keep it a 3 TD game. If Carr and company hadn't scored those TDs in the 4th quarter, Manning probably wouldn't have been in there or just handed the ball off.

The Colts this year have a lot to prove too!

They weren't going to even let this thing get close, that would have been an embarrasment for them...

11. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I think they all watch that KC game last year and want to be Larry Johnson (211 yards, 2 TD).

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Not a response to the thread but to the people taking shots at Manning running up the score....Most offenses will move the ball in a manner that breaks down your weakness and exploits it until you can stop them. I don't blame them for passing on us, again, and again, and again. There is no crying in football. Stop someone if you don't like it.

13. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I just hope that when they have to play us again this year someone pays them back for running up the score. Even if its a 15 yarder. Let them know there will be a price to be paid. No, I don't expect us to beat them this year, but I hope by the end of the year we can be a tougher match-up.

14. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Ying and Yang baby, good and evil needs each other :)

Or... The good, the Bad and the real ugly... we know which on the Texans are :)

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I mean, what's a roughing the passer call going to do when your team is already down 43-17. Killer instinct man!!!!

16. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

After Schoebel spiked Carr for 15 yards ... I kinda thought the Texans might take a shot at Manning . The Texans could stand to be a little intimidating .

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Like the swallows returning to Capistrano and the mud daubers returning to Luckenbach, we have a whiney 'running up the score' thread, right on cue.

Here's an idea: How about stopping them? (or at least slowing them down to Mach 2).

I would have done the same thing as Manning. Twas easy pickin's.

18. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I agree...we're SOFT...it's true. :crying:

19. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

I thought it was kind of classless to throw the ball when there was like 5 minutes left in the game. I guess I expect a little more from Dungy & Manning.

(I know, I know....."If we don't want them to score, we should stop them"! Maybe it's just a little frustration on my part.) :brickwall

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

These are professionals that get paid to win and if they can squeeze out one more win in 2007 or 2008 against the Texans because they have kicked our cans physically and mentally then they have done their job. Perception is a force in the other team's locker room, espcecially when it erodes their confidence and belief that they can win.