Petition for the Texans to draft Vince Young

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by stucknut, Jan 16, 2006.

1. stucknut

stucknut Rookie

[​IMG]

Click the image above to sign the petition. Please don't allow Bud Adam's take away something else that belongs to us.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

classic david carr is even in on this one.:stirpot:

3. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Your avatar is a billboard around town. I saw it and Sienna Plantation must have cut off the rest off the sign saying, "I can't pass on a cover-two either."

4. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Reading those reponses on that petition were hilarious. If we chose Vince Young because of fan pressure, I will lose what respect I do have for the front office/staff...

5. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I think we need to draft Reggie Bush just to trim some fat from the fanbase.

6. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

I couldnt agree with you more GRID!

Kubiak + Bush = Playoffs06!:redtowel:

7. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

PLEASE! The Texans need an OL, not a QB or RB. I'd be happy with a Stud DE or LB before a QB or RB.

I hope all of this is a ploy by the Texans to get greater value for the #1 pick. Of course Bush and/or Young would love to be drafted by the Texans..... they assume the Texans keep the #1 overall pick, and thus if drafted, they would get a HUGE contract. It's all about the $$$$ ! Why else would they leave college and enter the NFL draft?? It's all about the Benjis BABY! ! !

8. mexico2014

mexico2014 Rookie

Bush is not going to be as good as people say hes just going to be an average back, Landel White is better that him. VY has proven himself time and time again and hes like the next mike vick but with a good arm.

9. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Thats true of pretty much every player in the top rounds.

10. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

Observe the first three picks of last years draft. See if QB or RB's contributed more.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

no Young is going to be an average QB, Lienart is better than him. And Bush has proven himself time and again and is like Tiki Barber with more speed and better hands.

Any other pointless arguements we can solve with conjecture and supposition?

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Please do not compare Young to Vick. If you are going to make comparisons at least use someone he comapres to such as Steve McNair.

13. mexico2014

mexico2014 Rookie

i agree with u leinard does have a very good arm and is a VERY but vince young has intagebles. VY has heart, leadership skills and comand presence. and wait to c how bush does hes gonna be like chris perry.

14. mexico2014

mexico2014 Rookie

yea right like in the rose bowl, he was siting in the most important play in his USC career.

15. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

How do any of you know what to compare VY to? Are any of you NFL scouts? The fact that ANYone is suggesting the Texans take VY, just ruins their whole perspective on what the Texans need!

Yes, I will compare VY to an NFL QB...... Akili Smith!!! Remember him?? All hype and did NOTHING in the NFL.....VY will be the same! He has horrible passing skills and does not know how to read a defense. Sure, some OC in the NFL is going to play "Mack Brown" and just let VY do what VY does......sling the deep ball and hope that it is caught by the WRs. NFL DL & DBs are not the same caliber as Baylor, UNT, ULaLa or TxTech, they are actually pretty good.

Go ahead, compare VY to Vick!!!! Vick is the most overrated QB in the NFL. What has he done??? Nothing! Hell, the Falcons were better off with Matt Schaub as the QB!

Who cares that VY is from Houston...how about the Texans draft Anthony Evans (UH RB) in the 4th rd....I mean, he did go to Pearland HS, so that would cause him to drop to the 4th rd, too bad he isn't from houston, then he would go in the 2nd rd!

Most of the logic presented by the VY / RB supporters is getting ridiculous. Now I see why NFL players do not like fanatics like most of you.....they actually despise your type! :redtowel:

16. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

Those qualities showed bright behind a HUGH offensive Line.:superman: Try getting behind New Orleans or Titans line and see how much is left.:brickwall He will need to learn, not teach.:)

17. txlonghorn14

txlonghorn14 Rookie

it's not every day that God drops you a gift from the sky. DRAFT VINCE YOUNG.

Napa Auto Parts likes this.
  18. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

This is one of the leanest fan bases in the NFL.

19. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Proven himself WHERE? Oh that's right, in college against athletes that don't have his skills. In the NFL everyone has his skills, thus PARITY. Well ya got the Mike Vick part right anyway...gj! And Grid is a personal friend of mine, he'd support the team irregardless who they picked, unlike you bandwagon tsippin boys. Have a nice life as a Saints fan :)

20. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

OK, now you have lost credibility. Akili Smith was/is not a mobile QB. His college stats were no where near VY's. He was more like a Byron Leftwich type of guy. The only thing VY and Akili Smith have in common is their race and position on the field.

So VY has no passing skills and can't read defenses? He FREAKING led the nation in passing efficiency. If he was able to pull that off by having no passing skills and not able to read defenses, geez, he is better than I thought. Did you happen to see that TD strike he thew against Ohio State in the clutch to pull that game out of his a**?

If you want to see the definition of not being able to read defenses, look up the name David Carr.

BTW, I don't think you can compare anyone to Vince Young, as many NFL scouts have said because there has been no one like him.