Petey Faggins?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Andrew6, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Was I the only one at the game that wanted to choke Faggins, the guy looked like he was almost trying to help the colts, every touchdown, every pass for great yardage etc... was against Faggins.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Petey was a good nickle back and will be an even better one next year due to his experience this year.

Texans Horror likes this.
  3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

The TD to Moorehead was on Robinson.

Overall, our secondary is very, very weak. And that includes Dunta.

4. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Agreed... Dunta isn't a pure cover corner, but if the DL gets pressure, he is a good cover corner....

Bottom line, the DL needs to help in order to protect our weak secondary... I am all for signing a free agent corner and drafting a DB to replace CC Brown in the first round, which with our record, we seem angeld to be doing with about a 6-8th overall pick.

Petey is only good as a third corner and can't be expected to lock down Harrison. Thank goodness they didn't run every pass play at him.

5. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Mr. Robinson played piss poor but Faggins is the one that pissed me off the most, alot of misses there that he could exploited and really put some more points on the board

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

I'm not defending Petey because he has been burned a lot this year. However, I think he is expecting help over the top on some of these plays and just isn't getting. Our safeties are garbage. Neither guy would start on any other NFL team.

7. joedinkle

joedinkle Veteran

I recall seeing Dunta break up a few passes on some key plays. But plain and simple, if you can't get pressure on the QB, your secondary will suffer. I thought Dunta did ok today. Don't forget who was throwing and catching the balls here. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Peyton Manning.

8. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

sad truth is, it'll probably be another year or two before we are a team that is going to make it to the play offs and be a force to be reconned with

9. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

If you look closely on the first Harrison TD play you can clearly see Faggins stop during the middle of the play and start picking up flowers out of the grass.

we need to pick up a cb in the 1st...or trade down and pick up a cb in the 1st.

10. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I'm thinking his ADHD kicked in and he saw something shiney.

11. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

We are 3 players away from having one of the better defenses in the league:

We need: a free safety that can cover, a solid cover cornerback, and an upgrade at one of the OLB positions.

That really isn't much. FS and OLB aren't expensive nor do you need to draft high to get one. If we can nail a draft pick for a CB or get one of the good ones via free agency, I trust LB and FS will be rather easily addressed by Rick Smith. Petey is an excellent nickel corner!

12. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

we're also about 8 players from having one of the better offenses in the NFL

13. skillz24

skillz24 Rookie

we are a little more than 3 key players...we need two corners CC wouldn't be a bad DB in a dime set as long as he isn't at a safety position. we need to safeties badly, olb help and a dt who stays healthy and we will be better off.

14. Ole Miss Texan

hahaha, that totals 11. we are half way to a great team!

15. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I think we are four players away from a good to great defense

Pass rushing DT
    Ball Hawking FS
    Good CB
    Consistent OLB to replace Orr

16. Ole Miss Texan

Can be solved with 4 1st round picks this year...

DT Alan Branch
    CB Leon Hall
    FS Reggie Nelson
    LB Patrick Willis

That sure would be sweet. ( I will wake up in a few)

17. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Hypothetically speaking:

Starting defense: Mario, TJ, Payne, Weaver, Greenwood, Ryans, ADAILUS THOMAS, NATE CLEMENTS, Dunta, Glenn Earl/C.C., KEN HAMLIN

Backups: Peek, Babin, Kalu, Thomas Johnson, KWong, Faggins, LSanders

That would be a darn good defense, IMO. That's only three additions. I realize we won't get all three of those guys. I think our SS position is fine. The problem this year is recognizing whose SS and whose FS back there. I think they are both SS... In my opinion Earl is a good SS. I put C.C as a possibility because I know many people are higher on him than I am. Having Clements, Dunta, and Faggins all on the field in a nickel situation with a solid FS sounds like an excellent situation to me.

We'll see what happens this offseason. However, we definitely have some very good young players to start building around defensively. Hope's abound! Plus we have cap space, good coaching, a new GM, and a top 10 draft pick!

18. touttail

touttail All Pro

Manning and Harrison eat PETEY'S lunch.

Thank God they weren't on the field as long as we were or it

would have been a different ending!

Bobby 119C :yahoo:

19. Zac

Zac Rookie

But, let us not forget!!!! Peyton Manning just threw 4,000 yards for the 7th time in his career.

That is an NFL record. A lot of secondaries have looked bad after Peyton and his band mercinaries (ahem. receivers) have gone through their defenses.

Daunta did a good job. He broke up several key passes. He got burned, but that isn't anything new for any corner that is playing against Peyton Manning.

Faggins got faked!!! Now that is worse than having a great receiver come down with the ball when you are hawking him. Faggins is good, and should continue to work hard. But....

...But if there is a shut down corner still available when the Texans choose in the draft, the Texans have to go for him. There is room for improvement.

20. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

They guy is a sixeth round tallent. Everyone knows what his tallent level is. Can we please stop these Petie didn't have a good game threads. The guy is well liked in the locker room. He ain't going anywhere. They will pick up help in the off season. OK ? We got it. We don't need anymore "I saw Petie F*&^ Up I must be a stinkin' genious" threads.

edo783 likes this.