Peterson Declares for the Draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by DenverBorn, Jan 15, 2007.

1. DenverBorn

DenverBorn Veteran

2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Smart move.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

What would the Sugar Hill Gang do?

I said Ho-tel, Mo-tel, Holly-day Inn
    If your Quarterback starts acting up
    Then you take Adrian Peterson

4. carter08

carter08 truth.

With Lundi, Taylor, Dayne, and Williams I don't think the Texans need Peterson

5. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i think you just made a case for the texans drafting peterson.

NederlandTexan likes this.
  6. DenverBorn

DenverBorn Veteran

Taylor Dayne plays for the Texans? She's a great singer -

7. carter08

carter08 truth.

really
    darn
    i guess we do need peterson

8. demecoryans#1fan

demecoryans#1fan Rookie

Peterson has some serious durability issues and would get hurt by week 5 just like college.

Why do you think we should hire Mora when we are trying to create a good playoff team and all he did was destroy Atlanta's hopes.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Largely depends on how you define durability to the specific position. I for one do not believe that one's collar bone is germane to a durability standard for RB's. But that's me, I am silly like that.

10. DenverBorn

DenverBorn Veteran

I think he wants the Dolphins to hire Mora. Yeah, don't ask me why a Dolphins fan like Kastofsna spends so much time on the Texans board, but he does (and it's OK)

11. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

He's a Dolphins fan, so that's why he wants Mora.

Btw...

*Goddell walks to podium* With the 8th pick, the Houston Texans select, RB from Oklahoma, Adrian Peterson.:marionaner:

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I agree, but I'm not worried about the Texans drafting AD because he will
    never last untill #8. What I am worried about is them drafting Marshawn Lynch who most likely will be there at #8.

13. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Well think about this...If the Browns pass on him (which is likely, because they got issues outside of RB), then AD no doubt falls to 8th, cuz all of the teams behind the Browns and in front the Texans, don't need a RB.

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I agree. However, Smith could have ML as RB1. I certainly hope that is not the case or else this team needs to move to another state because they would not really understand the relationship between football and Texas. Just branding yourself Texans obviously does not yield Texan flavored football.

My Texan ego has been hurting of late and had to pump it up. :texflag:

15. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Texans will obviously be interested in someone like Adrian Peterson and since Kubiak himself said that we need offensive playmakers, AD would fit that need nicely. With that said, AD has had injuries and I don't think he's played a full season of college football the last two years. Sort of reminds me of Willis McGahee of the Bills. I would be happy if we pick AD but I wouldn't mind seeing a safety or a cornerback selected.

16. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

If AP is there at 8, pick him. He is a great runningback, and the injury thing is a little off base, a collarbone is a freak accident, and almost everyone gets ankle sprains.

17. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

He's not too much like McGahee IMO. He is pretty much a college clone of LJ. Big back w/speed who put up gaudy numbers and will produce in the NFL. That said, I still support other guys before him, like Gaither, Revis, and Nelson.

18. David's Busted Carr

David's Busted Carr Veteran

The guy has NEVER had a serious knee or leg injury, and that is the only kind of injury I care about for a RB.

The guy is a PROTOTYPE NFL workhorse style RB. Even better NFL prospect than Bush was last year.

If he's there at 8 we HAVE to take him. We could keep Dayne and Taylor as backups. Lundy is garbage. And Dominic Davis/Williams (whatever) is done. You cannot NOT draft a RB counting on him to come back. Remember we didn't draft Reggie Bush last year b/c we didn't "need" a RB....

19. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I know. I was comparing the injuries both of them suffered. McGahee's injuries were way more serious than AD's, but look how good McGahee turned out to be.

20. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

If you're taking Peterson, you are likely saying good-bye to one of the other running backs. Dominic and Taylor are the ones most likely to be on the cutting block. Dominic has serious work ethic/injury issues and Taylor is probably graded below Lundy, IMO. Dayne was one of the Texans playmakers in the latter half of the season, and he's played for Kubes, so I don't think he'll be going. Lundy put up pretty good yards for a rookie running back. I don't see him going either.

The big question is what to do with Dominic? Do you try to trade him or do you just flat-out drop the guy?