Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Peter King's game prediction

If anyone is going to get rasberries, I think it will be the golden boy not Williams, but what do I know. :rolleyes:

Peter King is top 5 worst "sports journalists" out there. And he's up against some tough competition.

At least half of his picks will be wrong this week.

I like his writing, but he really is horrible at predicting. It seems like every year he predicts Jake Plummer to be the Offensive Player of the Year. Whatever.

the wonger need food said:
Peter King is top 5 worst "sports journalists" out there. And he's up against some tough competition.

At least half of his picks will be wrong this week.

I think he's one of the best. Not that there's any great ones out there, but compared to some of the competition he isn't bad. His predictions do suck though. He's better than that Dr. Z guy on SI though.

Lame.

Hmmmm....let's see, what's been the Biiiig story (Texans passing over Bush) and what does King predict? A bad game by the Texans and a bad game by Mario, resulting in mass panic and anarchy in the streets outside of Reliant after the game because after one game (one that we are SUPPOSED to lose and there's no way on God's green earth we can ever win because the Eagles are soooo indestructible) we realize on a fan-wide basis that we made such a huge and colossal mistake in passing over the great and immortal Reginald Bush III. Go ahead and get his golden jacket ready everybody...

LOL.

You know, they say that Journalism is the second-oldest profession, just behind the profession of Prost_tution.

Talk about hiring your intellect out to the "big storyline." Hey, Peter King: Burger King just called and said your 25 BK Stackers are ready and sitting under the heat lamp. I never get tired of reading such entertaining stories, something like out of the old nickel-and-dime Buffalo Bill epics that were peddled in the early 1900s.

"Reggie Bush dashed around 11 defenders, racing down the field and leaping over the 12th defender (some say he jumped 18 feet into the air!) as he flashed a smile and a wave to a lady in the stadium stands...his every move like poetry as the hushed crowd marvelled and delighted in his glowing moment of triumph and victory over the entire AFC Pro Bowl squad of defenders--For Reggie played alone, without the other 11 offensive players, for why does he need them?. After the game, he was whisked upon the shoulders of once-crippled children who had been cured whilst watching Reginald blaze through the sea of defenders that day, and they carried him over the horizon and into what can only be guessed to be the next chapter of this fantastic and wonderful journey. Ah, and thus the lowly texans were trampled 154-0 by the Eagles on that same day...a day that was a dark shadow cast upon such an unfortunate lot of fans whose front office could only dream and wonder at what they might have seen that same day had they chosen the electric Reginald Bush III. For shame, for shame. Perish the thought. For shame, for shame...

I don't (and no one should) expect a win against the Eagles but I expect it to be a bit closer than that. Also, I want to know who these fans are that expect the second coming of Reggie White from Mario in his first professional game ever. That is terribly unrealistic and an assured set up for disappointment.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
So he's clueless because he picked you guys to lose? Atleast give a reason. From where I'm sitting the Eagles look a lot better on paper....

Reason number 1-45: This ain't Dom Capers' team anymore.

But, you guys can dream on if you think that it is the same old Texans. Kinda' like when the Rams beat the 49ers. The 49ers would alwasy say, after whipping the lowly Rams, "Same old Rams!" Well, when Vermeil came in and turned that place around...and the RAMS beat the 9ers...the Rams were laughing afterward and saying proudly: "Same old 49ers!"

Titans fan: You're going to be the basement dweller this year, so you probably should just hide out for the next few years and enjoy watching your three-year project get a second education in the school of hardknocks.

You guys look awful. You're signing our waived players because you have no starters on a pitiful defense that has been ran over all preseason. Heck, you guys don't even know who is going to be the QB. What a mess.

And then, oh brother, THEN you will have your team moved away by Bud Adams when he wants a stadium like Arizona's and asks the city to pay for it.

Enjoy your rent-a-team while it lasts. Trust us when we say: Bud did it once, and he'll do it again. He lovvvvvvves to get stuff paid for by othert people, then he spends big in free agency out of his own pocket...then he loses and can't keep his players....then he moves to the next town that wants a team. It's a pattern, bro. Just like a bad relationship, it keeps happening over and over and over.

Enjoy your rent-a-team.

gpshafer_1976 said:
Titans fan: You're going to be the basement dweller this year, so you probably should just hide out for the next few years and enjoy watching your three-year project get a second education in the school of hardknocks.

You guys look awful. You're signing our waived players because you have no starters on a pitiful defense that has been ran over all preseason. Heck, you guys don't even know who is going to be the QB. What a mess.

Enjoy your rent-a-team.

You talk a lot of smack for being a fan of a team that has never had a winning season and has a losing record against all the other teams in their division (and has never beaten one of them). Yeah we're in a rebuilding phase, and you guys aren't? No you aren't, cause you've never had anything to rebuild from. You're still building.

Last time I checked we swept you guys last year...So this "awful" team is better than your "awful" team.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
You talk a lot of smack for being a fan of a team that has never had a winning season and has a losing record against all the other teams in their division (and has never beaten one of them). Yeah we're in a rebuilding phase, and you guys aren't? No you aren't, cause you've never had anything to rebuild from. You're still building.

Last time I checked we swept you guys last year...So this "awful" team is better than your "awful" team.

I don't hang out at other people's message boards, lookig for some "real football talk" like you are getting here. This team started fairly strong, then nose-dived under bad leadership. The owner (A TRUE gentleman, by the way) recognized it and has probably made the steal of the decade in getting Kubiak to coach this team.

You can't see the big changes and the big differences because you don't follow our team and thus you have no real comparison to make from last year to this year.

But I see a Titans team who's owner is as satisified as Boss Hogg at about 3:00 p.m. (hungry for some of that Boar's Nest BBQ) and he'll re-locate that fold-up tent of an organization called the Tennessee Titans when he doesn't get what he wants...or if he just flat-out "wants to."

The way I see it, there are two class teams in the AFC South: Us and the Colts. Two teams whose owners are settled, smart, and truly want to do business the right way. Then, there's the two stepchildren of the AFC South (which I apologize to the stepchildren of the world for being lumped in with the Titans and Jags). These two teams have owners who will be fighting each other to move to L.A.

Enjoy your rent-a-team.

gpshafer_1976 said:
I don't hang out at other people's message boards, lookig for some "real football talk" like you are getting here. This team started fairly strong, then nose-dived under bad leadership. The owner (A TRUE gentleman, by the way) recognized it and has probably made the steal of the decade in getting Kubiak to coach this team.

You can't see the big changes and the big differences because you don't follow our team and thus you have no real comparison to make from last year to this year.

But I see a Titans team who's owner is as satisified as Boss Hogg at about 3:00 p.m. (hungry for some of that Boar's Nest BBQ) and he'll re-locate that fold-up tent of an organization called the Tennessee Titans when he doesn't get what he wants...or if he just flat-out "wants to."

The way I see it, there are two class teams in the AFC South: Us and the Colts. Two teams whose owners are settled, smart, and truly want to do business the right way. Then, there's the two stepchildren of the AFC South (which I apologize to the stepchildren of the world for being lumped in with the Titans and Jags). These two teams have owners who will be fighting each other to move to L.A.

Enjoy your rent-a-team.

You still didn't comeback at what I said. Just sounds like a bitter old Oilers fan who misses his team to me and is pissed he is stuck with a team who can't pull out a winning season.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
You still didn't comeback at what I said. Just sounds like a bitter old Oilers fan who misses his team to me and is pissed he is stuck with a team who can't pull out a winning season.

Nope. I am soooooo glad that the team stunk and left town.

Everyone else here feels the same way. Oh, there was the sudden shock of seeing it happen and being able to do nothing. But it was replaced by the idea that we are far better off without Bud Adams.

It's OK. You'll see, as well, what we went thorugh. You like him now...but one day this too shall pass.

Enjoy your rent-a-team. Ours is staying in town for a lot longer if you ever want to see what a true NFL franchise looks like.

gpshafer_1976 said:
Nope. I am soooooo glad that the team stunk and left town.

Everyone else here feels the same way. Oh, there was the sudden shock of seeing it happen and being able to do nothing. But it was replaced by the idea that we are far better off without Bud Adams.

It's OK. You'll see, as well, what we went thorugh. You like him now...but one day this too shall pass.

Enjoy your rent-a-team. Ours is staying in town for a lot longer if you ever want to see what a true NFL franchise looks like.

You don't sound like you're over it, sorry.

I'm not over it, but when my Texans win a Super Bowl long before the Nashville "Possums" do, I'll feel a whole lot better!

I would not worry too much about these doofus reporters bcuz they are just trying to sell papers, but unfortunately, it's at the expense of the Texans! I would love to see them eat a big fat crow:ninja: :slap: :gotexans1

Titan "Tack" Fan said:

Let's look at this logically, shall we?

Logic:

I get cut, I bleed. It hurts. A scab forms. It heals and falls off. A scar is left behind. I see the scar every now and then, but as I see the scar...it doesn't hurt anymore. The scar is the reminder that something traumatic happened. But just because I see it, and just because I remember it, doesn't mean that I wince in horror at that wound. Instead, I think "Man, I'm glad that's over." And I can move on.

You come over here and brag about your rent-a-team without for even one second taking what I say as even a remote possibility. Studies show that once you get a first divorce, you have an amazingly increased chance for a second divorce if you re-marry. Why? Because once you duck out, it becomes easier to do it again...and again...and again...and again. And that's where your rent-a-team is at: Owned by a slob in a powder blue leisure suit who won't hesitate to whisk your team away from you.

We're done having to feel the pain of having a team taken away from us. We are in such a better position (as fans) than you will ever be with Bud's Big Tent Circus in your city. Because you know what? The circus leaves after it's fleeced the pockets of a city's population.

Cue the pipe organ.

gpshafer_1976 said:

He has yet to win a regular season game, and he is already the "steal of the decade"?

Should we pull out the gold coat for him as well? Hang it right next to Bush's?

PhillyFan said:
He has yet to win a regular season game, and he is already the "steal of the decade"?

Sure, it goes near the Eagles Lombardi trophy. :trophy:

Come Monday, it is the mission of everyone on this board to send Mr. King a batch of raspberries

Titan "Tack" Fan said:

Personally I was shocked, saddened and felt betrayed when the team that I grew up rooting for left town. I admit that much.
However, Believe me when I say that I along with many, many other ex-Oilers fans feel that in the long run we are waaaay better off with what we have now.
You have a quack for an owner. He has no loyalty to anything other than himself and the all mighty greenback. Do yourself a favor, and don't travel too far down the path of loyalty to that p.o.s, it will save you alot of heartache in the long run.
You are relatively new to the Bud Adams show... I've been watching it for over 30 years...

BTW, you are the bottom dwellers this year, don't fool yourself. I think we will sweep you...

PhillyFan said:

Since you are an Eagles fan, will use small simple words..so your head doesn't explode. for the years Kubiak was OC for Broncos, the Broncos were #1 in Scoring, Yards gained ETC. You think Broncos would have done so good with Andy "Pillsbury Doughboy" Reid coaching O

Eagles Fans :francis: :crying: :crying: :francis:

Back