Peter King Wants Texans Fans To Give Him the Verbal Beatdown

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Texans_Chick, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Here's what I wrote at the I'm a Texan Club blogs about this. (all the links in the original but not in this post).

Spread the word. You don't have to write much to him. Just let him know what you think. Hell, I think we should just sic SheTexan on him and call it a day. :spit:

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  2. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Go Get Em She!!!!!!!

3. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

That's what I emailed to him, I'll let you know if he responds.

Texans_Chick and Shaft75 like this.
  4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Great e-mail.

Brando likes this.
  5. Texans_Chick

Nice. Actually, I would like to read what others write him. Gary can give him the business like no other I bet. And tell him what Texans fans are all about.

I can't give you much but I will give everyone in this thread a rep who sends an email to King to tell him how it really is and either says what they said in general or cut and pastes it here.

If you look in the eyes of Texans fans who talk about how they became a fan, you can't tell me that Texans fans don't have passion about their team.

Spread the word. Let's get him a bunch of emails on the subject.

6. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Yep, he just messed with big GRANDMA!!! That boy needs a keyboard lashing, and I'm just in the mood to do it!!:shetexan: NOT safe to mess with my TEXAN friends!!!:bat:

Shaft75 likes this.
  7. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I'm on my way to give him a piece of my mind. I'll use some of the New York from my mom. That will get him.

8. DiapHer

DiapHer GO BIG RED!!!

Look out there is a new hurricane hitting the gulf called "SheTexan" :shetexan:

Shaft75 likes this.

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I just knew your mom had to have been from NY, when I spoke with her on the phone. :thumbup

10. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

He did get a little under my collar

Brando and Texans_Chick like this.
  11. Texans_Chick

Mine:

more more more emails...... :texans chick:

Brando and powerfuldragon like this.
  12. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

:fans: Well done TC! I must spread rep before.....yada yada.

I'll rep you when I can.:texflag:

I too, will give rep out to those who email PK and post it here.

13. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I just might have gotten a little carried away here. The more I wrote, the more Mr. King got on my last old person nerve.
    :texflag:

14. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Whats this dude's email? I would love to give him the run down of what a Raging Bull Tailgate is all about...

15. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

TC has a link in the first post in this thread.

16. pittbull3

pittbull3 Veteran

I understand what Peter King is saying to a certain extent. To me, the Houston fans are passionate about being at the games, supporting a winning team, and lets not forget what seems to be the most important, tailgating and drinking beer. But, from a stadium atmosphere of passion, if your not in the Bull Pen or remote parts of the stadium where the TRUE passionate fans are, it can be rather boring. Going to some of the staple franchises, Green Bay, Philly, Pittsburgh, NY, Oakland, it's completely a zoo. Your lucky to walk into a game and not be harrassed. Don't get me wrong, those stadiums have good people, but they truly believe in home field advantage, and treat the seating areas as their domain, within the confines of it being their team. At Reliant, Its good ol' Texas hospitality. It's more of a friendly event, rather than an intense defending of territory, at sports most fan needed sport.
    But money is changing the game in the stands too! As backwards as it is, that's just the way it is. The money affect is happening all over the league, as I have seen this atmosphere change due to the economic environment. The "corporate fan", has taken control of the seating, rather than the hard working blue collar guy and gal over the years, in various stadiums and towns. PSL's and luxury boxes have changed the ownership approach, and limited tickets for passionate fans to single game seats, rather than season ticket packages that maintain fan continuity. For example, The Astrodome was just as intense as Pittsburgh, Oakland, or Philly, due to the hardworking guy, being able to afford the games. The blue-collar guys historically lived vicariously through their local team, and treated the stands as their playing field for 60 minutes, while the white collar guy was too important to make an appearance with "lower incomed fans" But as the financial climate changed, and the Oilers vacated, leaving the city without NFL football for years, it has to re-establish the passion that was lost, while doing so at "white-collar" corporate prices and demands. I can't tell you how many times I had different fans sitting around me at Reliant, never getting a chance to know them. Most times, they were corporation seats, with guys that came never wearing Texans gear or cheering. There used to be a time, like cheers, where "everyone knows your name" and the fan was your extended family. Face it, some of those fans are now with Tennessee or even with the hated Cowgirls!
    Maybe when we start dominating, the fans will become more intense. The Cleveland Browns went through the same situation, but now you see a change in the atmosphere of their fan base. Winning breeds a ferocious fan environment!!! But until then winning becomes part of the Houston Texans culture, I think Peter is right. :thinking:

barrett likes this.
  17. Texans_Chick

This is what I'm talking about. Keep em coming. Here's a genius one by Keith at InTheBullseye.com. (formerly of HPF--so if you haven't found him yet, go check him out). Go read the original that has all the links in it because it is funnier.

Exactly!!!

EXACTLY!!!!!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

I raise a cold beverage in the direction of this post. :texflag:

18. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I'll write mine tomorrow, I gotta get to bed right now, but I will sleep on it and should be good and fired up by mornin'.

19. Texans_Chick

I don't think you need to be an a-hole to prove that you are passionate about your team. Some of the biggest NFL fans in the league have friendly fanbases.

He is not right. He made a generalized statement about our entire fanbase saying that Houston Texans fans are not passionate. Because we don't call him names in his Mailbag because he never writes anything worth commenting on.

The Texans have culled the herd. The people who are Texans fans are fans of the team because they want to be. They aren't fans of just one player or fairweather fans because we haven't had much clear skies. They are fans because they love the game and they love their team.

20. pittbull3

pittbull3 Veteran

I agree. You don't have to be an a-hole. But, it is widely accepted and perceived that you should, in order to be a good fan. I have personally seen a difference though in passion, and every visiting fan says the same thing. Fun event to be at, but really not the greatest fan base with passion yet. I have friends that have come from Pittsburgh, KC, Indy, Oakland, NYC, Philly, and Tampa, all saying the same thing. Also, being from PGH, I have seen the difference too. But I will tell you this, no matter what, I support my team, as I have since the beginning, and that's all that matters to me. :kingkong: