Peter King:Demeco #1

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/07/mmqbte/1.html

also head page of www.demecoryans.net

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

[​IMG]

here is the pic

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

his take on Casserly ...I don't know ...I personally thing CC didn't really have much to do with the draft..he was on his way out anyway..

4. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

After Dunta Robinson got robbed of the rookie D of the Year, Im glad Demeco seems to be in the lead.

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I don't know - earlier in the year when Mario was off to a slow start it was posted that Williams was Casserly's pick, not Kubiak's. I'm sure that perception is chaging by now and as Williams improves he will be a KUbiak pick.

This is an over generalization, but the only thing I can determine from the board is that Casserly had complete control on bad picks and was powerless on the good ones.

I think that player development had far more to do with draft day errors than the talent picked. I think the Texans have hurt some careers that could have been decent if drafted into another situation.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree with that.. my point is CC was basically a "lame duck" GM on draft day, I just wonder ..

7. Runner

I know what you are saying. I also think Kubiak had a lot of power in that draft room. He is the most powerful single person in the Texans' short history. Kubiak doesn't have a lot of checks and balances on him right now.

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Casserly did not draft guys Capers did not want. The coach has more say in who to draft than the GM. However, the Mario pick was mutual.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

very true

10. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I've always thought that the GM and his staff sorted the players up and told the coach who was impressive and such and let the coach watch film on the guy or go visit him and decide what he wants. GM (organizer), Coach/Coaches (decision maker/s).

That's how I always thought it was.

11. kfranco_utexas

kfranco_utexas Veteran

Mexican Texan,
    Glad to see you supporting the Horns.:redtowel:

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

[​IMG]

13. phan1

phan1 All Pro

Not to dismiss Ryan's accomplishments at all, but he does play the middle linebacker position. I really think it's about an "instant impact" position on defense as the RB position on offense. MLB should always be the #1 tackler on the team. Plus, it's not like he's facing any real competition this year. He's going to pretty much run away with the award this year. Having said that, it's really great to see him doing so well this year. Hopefully, he'll build up his body even more in the next few years. If he builds up some more speed and strength to go along with his instincts, he's going to be a beast.

I just find it a little humorous how people are saying our #2 pick is having a much bigger impact than our #1 pick ect. He's a MLB! He SHOULD be putting up better #s than our rookie DE, especially one that's as raw as Mario. Mario Williams is still the #1 pick cause you just aren't going to find a guy like him every year. But the Zack Thomases, the Totuppus, and the Datt Nguyens of the world pop up pretty regularly. It really makes you think how people should judge more on football IQ at the LB position rather than a player's physical talents.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Demeco is one of the best MLBs in the NFL this year. I don't think Mario has had one of the best first halfs at his position, although I'm not gonna look it all up, talking about tackles, assists, and sacks. Nothing against Mario, but I'm still thinking that Ryans is our best rookie right now. Of course, that could change.

15. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I thought Peter King was a dumb ass?

There is one thing that irritates the hell out of me though and it's during that "Football in America" abortion of a pre-game/halftime show that Costas hosts. They turn to King and he says something like "I just got off the phone with Bill Cowher and he said..." or "Chad just text'd me and he said" blah blah blah ...as if he's preeminently connected.

16. Runner

I've been wondering the same thing. The board has generally hated the national media for months. Now that they've given us a coquettish grin and a smack on butt the board seems deep in the grip of periphesence.

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I'm guessing that equates to runner's euphoria...

18. Runner

Similar. Very similar.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, as long as you're happy. :)

20. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

He is. He dogged-out the Texans earlier in the year (Mario in particular).