Pete Fake Punt up 30pts

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by srrono, Dec 17, 2012.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

When up 47-17 SEA put on a fake punt with success. Video below:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-s...ake-punt-with-30-point-lead-in-fourth-quarter

Here is video of the Seattle Seahawks pulling off a fake punt while up by 30 points in the fourth quarter against the lowly Buffalo Bills. Why did you go and do a thing like that, Pete Carroll, and do you feel bad about this?

"I feel bad about this," Carroll said.

The Seahawks faced fourth-and-four at the Buffalo 43, leading 47-17 with 12:49 to play in the game. The Seahawks had prepared a fake punt in their game plan, designating it to be used if the Bills used a specific formation.

"It was an automatic for us," Carroll said.

Seattle being incapable of shutting down its punt offense, as if it's a machine rigged to level a mountain whether that mountain is a mountain or a mound of puppy dogs, is the best NFL thing of the week.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/...ake-punt-video

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

It's a good time to practice these things. I can't blame guys like this in the professional arena, the players are paid to play, and the fans paid watch. Nobody wants to see a team shut it down, they want to keep watching them play.

3. qqert

qqert All Pro

this just in: pete carrol has zero class.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Dont want them to run up the score? Stop them
    Going conservative is a recipe for losing. I've never liked watching teams shut it down when they think they have a big enough lead.

Carroll apologized for it. Not sure what more you want.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's the way I see it. Converting a successful fake punt has got to be a very low probability. Carrol made it easy for them, would have been giving them great field position.

All they had to do was what every other team is expected to do on a routine basis.

6. GP

GP Go Texans!

He apologized for it, but did you see his ****-eating grin during the actual play?

Acted like they just won the Super Bowl. Bad mojo, Pete.

Apologizing for it, and even saying that they just HAD to do it because the Bills were in a bad formation to defend it...yeah, that's dopey. Don't apologize for it, just say you wanted to run it to see if it would work.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

if you have an "automatic" it means that if the defense just GIVES it to you....you friggin take it.

This ain't romper room.

Last time I checked the Pats came back from 31-3 last night. Anyone need any midol?

8. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Winners win and losers lose. Call me classless but you won't call me loser either. I don't see a problem w it.