People confuse me...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Section516, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Some post's saying woo playoffs so close, but DAMN we can't beat New England..

If we "have no hope" against NE, we have no reason being in the playoffs, and won't go far at all..

It's early and my coffee machine is broke, but still...

:roast:

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

And? :thinking:

3. Section516

Section516 Warrior

And i think it should be one or the other..

Either have faith your team can beat NE, get into the playoffs, and play good ball...

Or give it up and quit livin' the dream of becoming the 2009 Cardinals.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Have you ever seen a message board in complete agreement? Kinda defeats the purpose of a message board, no?

Personally, I'm not counting on playoffs, but I'd like to at least see our first winning season.

5. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

Seriously. Heaven forbid there's a difference of opinion.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I have no faith in a .500 team that plays two quarters of football, who would? However, I know we can beat NE. The confusion lies in which Texans team will show up, and will the Patriots play to win.

7. Section516

Section516 Warrior

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying, you can't have it both ways.

You can't have it to where: Oh no the Texans can't beat the Pats, but should be in the playoffs.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I'm confused. :um:

thunderkyss likes this.

9. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

And water is wet.

thunderkyss likes this.
  10. False Start

False Start On # 69

I dont get it....... :thinking:

11. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Hmm... Let me do this one to myself.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

12. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

We're gonna beat the Patriots but can 2 out of 3 teams win that we need help from?? That's the problem..

13. scourge

scourge Digression King

Beating the Pats is only part of the problem, and there are a few who don't pay attention to that.

Houston is in ONLY if the following happens this weekend...

1. HOU win + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie OR

2. HOU win + NYJ loss or tie + DEN loss or tie OR

3. HOU win + BAL loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

Baltimore plays Oakland, Denver plays KC, and the Jets play the Bengals. The chances of 2 of those 3 losing considering this are highly unlikely. Cincy and the Pats have locked the 3 and 4 seed, it just matters whether or not either of them wants the 3rd bad enough. I can see both of those teams resting some players to some extent, so we'd really need a miracle and have Oakland and KC play spoilers. Rigoddamndiculous.

But I am hoping for this miracle none the less. Just not expecting it.

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

:heh:

15. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I don't get it. :spin:

16. GP

GP Go Texans!

See, I don't care if we have our first winning season this year.

Because it's a phantom achievement.

This team isn't a piss-poor offense AND defense anymore. It's competent in terms of the offensive and defensive philosophies, as well as possessing enough talented players to compete in today's NFL.

But that doesn't override some glaring problems: Kubiak's divisional record, not winning games against "better" teams, and questionable roster choices and weekly preparation for opponents/gameday strategies.

People who want a winning record just say that to soothe themselves, as well as to avoid seeing the off-season sports media preview our team by saying "Texans in 2010 will try to have their first winning season in franchise history. 8-8, or less, in 2010 means big problems for fans and head coach Gary Kubiak."

9-7, or 8-8, is really NOT that different.

We still suck because our head coach, for four years, has the belief that his offense is just competing against itself and that if our players play well, and follow the plays given to them (i.e. Matt can't audible to anything but a run) then nobody can stop us.

The problem is that our divisional rivals know what to do against us, and it has worked like magic every time. Even a rookie head coach and rookie QB playing his first NFL game beat us. In our own house. On opening day.

There's been too much "It's on me..." from Kubiak.

9-7 means crap. Replace the Seahawks and the Rams with two other teams who are better, and let's see if we get those two wins. I wonder how split the board would be if we lost two more games instead of beating up on those two incompetent teams.

17. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

Im still confused are we going to superbowl or not?

18. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

You have to take into consideration the team that we are rooting for here. This is an extremely talented team, but they don't play like it. Everyone knows they're talented, except the players and the coaches. The fans know and believe it, but they don't.

As a result, they have played inconsistent, and has seriously broken a lot of spirits this year. All of those fumbles at the goal line has worn us out mentally. The Monday Night loss sucked the life and spirit out of this fan base, and the three subsequent losses to division rivals only made it worse.

I think what you're seeing is a fan base that simply doesn't want to get it's hopes up. I have little faith in Kubiak's ability to coach us to the playoffs, and yet I'm also scouting out air fares and hotel rooms in Boston for next weekend (in case we get the Pats in the first round).

The team has massively underacheived this year. Even Kubaik will tell you that if you asked him. At this point, I think fans are simply saying "I'll root for you guys, but you have to show me the W's before I get crazy".

That's fair.

thunderkyss and steelbtexan like this.
  19. Blake

Blake MMQB

I get what you are trying to say. Why would certain people who think that we have no shot at beating the Patriots, even want us in the playoffs.

This being sort of a down year, if you can call it that, for the Patriots, they would be the least of our worries if we got into the final 12.

I am from the school of thought that we should beat NE, even if they play their starters all game. Let alone if they rest the starters.

I am torn on how they Texans would play as a wild card in the playoffs. Would they play tight, trying to be perfect, and end up laying an egg? Or will they play with wreckless abandon with nothing to lose? It really could go either way.

Also will they play 0, 2, or 4 quarters of good ball?

20. Blake

Blake MMQB

Yes, that is exactly why I want that. :bender:

Everyone plays bad teams. But you seem to want to hold that against the Texans.