Peerless Price

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jacquescas, Aug 30, 2005.

1. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

Anyone thinking we might pick up another wide out. Honestly i'd like to see us pick up Peerless Price and dump Bradford. Bradford only has a 1 year deal so there will be no cap hit. Price showed in Buffalo that he can be a very good number 2 reciever. It was in atlanta with the unorthodox Vick and when he was asked to be the teams number 1 option where he had issues.

IF he could come in on a resonable contract for a jettisoned player he could really help us out and allow Mathis to spend a year as the number 4 wideout before being thrown into the fray. But i think the eagles will jump on him.

2. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I believe were good on the wideout spot but then again dropping bradford and scooping price sounds like a good idea to me.

3. twinkletwinkle

twinkletwinkle Rookie

Release Bradford, pick up Price. What do you think. Bradford has done nothing his entire carreer for us.

4. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

what exactly has price done?

5. twinkletwinkle

twinkletwinkle Rookie

He was great for a couple years in Buffalo. Mike Vick is not a pocket passer, and I think that hurt Price as a slot guy. But with AJ (playing the role of a better Moulds) I think Price could do some good here. He has to better than Bradford. Considering the success he has had with Bledsoe I bet Dallas signs him.

6. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I agree we need to take price. However I disagree with "bradford hasnt done anything". Hes been a good secondary receiver to get too just he hasnt performed like AJ. I think letting go of bradford could be a smart idea however I beleive if we do that we need to use that cap room to either A. Get price or B. pick up another addition for our offensive line or even corey simon for our defense since he is now free...I guess we will see what happens.

7. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

I dont remember the exact figure, but releasing Bradford isnt going to give you almost no extra cap room.

Price is one of those WRs who is fit to be a number 2. He had to be the number 1 in Atlanta and it didnt work. When he was behind Moulds, he went crazy. I doubt we pick him up for a couple of reasons. Other teams can offer more money and he probably would like to go to a contender. I wouldnt mind him, but I'm not worrying over not getting him.

8. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I've said this plenty of times...

Price as a #2 WR = sick...ask Eric Moulds how much he (Price) helped him

94 rec, over 1200 yds in 2002...put him w/ AJ = success

9. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

i dont really want him. we have a lot of recievers as it is.

10. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Good input. Now that I think about it Bradford is only signed to a 1 year 1$ million dollar contract therefore it wouldnt open any cap room. As for Price I dont beleive we will get him either. I see him going to Dallas.

11. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Yep Dallas loves taking guys past their prime hoping they will revert to their old form. Testaverde, Bledsoe, Glenn, K. Johnson, etc.

12. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Peerless is only 28, he just needs a good reciever across from him, which Dallas doesnt really have. I think Philly would be a good fit for him.

13. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

Are you just crazy or just don't know football??? Price is ONLY 29 years old and we need a #2 receiver. The only reason why he hasn't put the same numbers up as he did in Buffalo is because Vick is a run 1st QB.

I think it would be stupid not to go out and try to get this guy. He would take some pressure away from Andre and open up the middle of the field for the running game.

Price would be a HUGE upgrade and is only looking for $2 million a year according to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com. So if you ask me, Bradford for a million and his 8 year career and his numbers of 167 total catches, 2746 total yards and 20 total TD or Price and his $2 million and his 7 years and 341 total catches, 4715 total yards and 28 TD. I'm taking Price and I hope the Texans do too!!!!!!!!

:texflag:

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

It sounds as if people would rather have the guys we got now instead of someone who possesses better skills and experience than who we have now except for Johnson of course.

15. texanfan2002114

Thats just people not understanding football. :texflag:

16. Diehardtexan

Diehardtexan Veteran

His last words as he left the parking lot at the the Falcons practice facilities was: " I hate you all"

Do you really want a guy like that to be on your team?

17. AlexVanderpool

AlexVanderpool Veteran

Where did you read that???

18. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

us football fans aren't going to just accept on someones word something like that from on whos been mostly quiet in his carreer. we need resources! even if he said that, i wouldn't blame him. how much would you hate being a WR to aimless vick all this time?

19. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

OK i am now on the Bandwagon for wanting to get this guy on the Texans.

I have read on the Falcons MB that he said "I hate y'all", but he said it to all the media that was swarming him a few minutes after he had been fired.

Most of the Falcons fans are calling him a hard worker and a good team player, a true #2 reciever in need of a passing QB not a running QB and far from Classless.

20. texanfan2002114

Thank you and I agree with you!!!! :texflag: