Pats up Next

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANS84, Dec 12, 2006.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

24 hour rule is over (well, at least for some of us) so lets move onto the Patriots.

Devastating loss against the Dolphins where Brady was completely shutdown against Dom Capers defense. I'm sure they are licking their chops coming off an extremely hard divisional loss against the Phins'.

Texans playing away in what may be decent weather on outdoor field turf (Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52). Seymour against Salaam and Pitts will be the key matchup for this game.

Any thoughts?

Coach C. likes this.
  2. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Dont give Brady time to throw stop the run, and take chances on offense. More to come in my weekly preview, this is what comes to mind right away. Doubt #1 happens like the Dolphins did it last week, but it cant hurt to try!

3. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Dom's Defense must have been doing something right completely shutting down Brady.

4. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Yea he was using the Miami defense, which is one of the most talented units in the league.

5. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i have 5$ on this game, texans will pull it out, i can feel it, lots of game film been watched from the fins vs. pats game

6. qman_tx

qman_tx Veteran

You would think after the Pats lost that game... that they are going to crush us this Sunday, but I actually think we may have a chance in this game.

I just wish Carr can air it out more. I mean did you hear the announcers in the Titans game, mentioning the Carr dump off? I understand he may lack some protection in the pocket, but he should give some effort to throw it down the field... making us somewhat a threat. Defense has it's up's and down's... it seems we play better defense on the road than at home... :lightbulb:

7. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

When the intensity level is turned up a notch, we don't do anything well.

Double Barrel likes this.
  8. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

Pats will bounce back. We just do not have the pass rush to get to Brady and make him go to the sideline and yell at his oline. I will hope we pull it out put I feel this is one that could look ugly like the Colts game or maybe the Cowgirls game. Here's to being wrong and fingers being crossed.

9. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Apparently the Dolphins had audio of the Brady's cadence and supposedly knew what was going on. They had a segment on ESPN about it. I missed the bulk of it but saw Saban saying how they wanted to hear what all the stuff coming out of Brady's mouth was.

10. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Texans v Pats at home= were doomed!
    If we win this one I will be very surprised, they need it badly, not to say we dont but this is do or die for them into the playoffs.

11. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

The patriots looked plum worn out last week. It seems the length of the season is starting to get to them and Belichek isn't helping the situation out any from what I hear. If you think the patriots are gonna be hungry, think about the Texans. I'm willing to bet they had a long meeting and want a win worse than ever.

12. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

maybe we can atleast impress asante samuel

just lettin you know mr. samuel, if you want a big big bonus, c'mon down:marionaner:

13. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Results of Pats game in South Florida Sunday a bad break for us.
    Even if they were playing a JUCO team this weekend in Boston, they would not be
    looking beyond the game.

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

They all have a pretty bad outcome. I am looking forward to watching our defense play though. Our defense (D-Ryans) has been the only decent portion of the team to watch. If we don't get to Brady, our DBs don't have a chance.
    :shades:

15. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

If we eat the pats i'll take a bite out of my shoe and eat it. I really will.

16. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Looks like the Dolphins used some fishy tactics to win that game.

Maybe we can get Dom Capers to loan us the tape that Nick Saban bought. We're good for it. We'll turn it in on time for 'em.

17. real

real Guest

4-12

enough said.

18. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

We will get our butts kicked as the Pats will not be happy campers and will be looking to smack someone in the mouth and that would be.........US.

19. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

ouch. i'm hoping for 5 and 11. a three win improvement over last year. i'd prefer 6 and 10, though. that was my prediction at the beginning of the season.

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

What if we lose though. Man, they(media) are going to chew us up even more.

I do think that they will play tough though and there is a good chance we can pull this out.

Their receivers seem to be struggling and I think our DBs are playing pretty well right now.

Is Maroney out?