Patriots' winning fatigue

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Blake, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Blake

Blake MMQB

Patriots' winning fatigue

[​IMG]

"But with the New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox taking three championships in the last three years between them, and with the Pats favorites to capture a fourth on Feb. 6 in the Super Bowl, the hard numbers suggest that some of the excitement and interest is waning, at least a bit. "

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Must be nice! I'd like to feel burnt out from winning too much sometime. I can't even imagine it.

All these stories about the Eagles going 24 years between Superbowls and blah blah blah...heck, Houston has never even had a team make it!! That town has had NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA championships. Why would I ever feel sorry for them?!

Shoot, if it wasn't for the Rockets, we'd never even have a freakin' championship in professional sports! Much less a team that made it to the championship table. Not a Superbowl, not a World Series, and obviously no Stanley Cup.

You know what? I'm getting losing fatigue! Championship drought! Chokers fever! ;)

3. MarleyFan

MarleyFan Veteran

Now, that's funny. George Foreman was the heavywieght champion!

4. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Patriots captured the magic everyone wants .. now can they get complacent with it?
    .... wonder how tough it is to keep it going at that level.
    I think they'll get it done again. Then the coaching staff will break up, with Romeo Crennel leaving, and other things will change, and the spell will break.