Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Patriots under investigation

Correct,

But I dont have to like how God'ell is using those powers granted to him. God'ell's NFL is turning more and more into the WWE. See the Peterson/Brady suspensions, they change the competitive balance of the NFL. Another example: does anybody really know what a catch is anymore? Any hard hit is a penalty. These problems didn't exist under Tagliabue.

Do you like the NFL under God'ell today as much as you liked the NFL under Tags? I dont and I'm begining to lose interest.

So how does changing the competitive balance equate to the WWE where there is no competition to begin with? And why is changing the competitive balance a bad thing if it's in order to protect the image of the league? For pete's sake, the idea of the worst team drafting first with the champion drafting last is solely for the idea of changing/improving the competitive balance of the league, and in a league where owners are worth billions and players are worth millions, threatening the competitiveness of a team is about the only way there's any chance of getting them to pay attention. There's no way to fine a Tom Brady (or the Patriots) anything more than what amounts to petty change to him.

And yeah, I like the NFL pretty much about the same as I did under Tagliabue. And the idea of any hard hits are now penalized is a pile of crap. Yeah, there are some changes for player safety (or for PR, but who cares if the end result is positive), and no, I don't really mind forgoing some of the hits in the interest of player safety. But there are plenty of hard legal hits that don't (and shouldn't) get penalized/fined - the difference between me and you is I don't forget about them and get my undies in a bunch every time someone's called for leading with the helmet - even when it's a bad call (bad referee calls happen on other plays too - bit it doesn't mean the rules for holding or pass interference are ruining the game either). Yeah, maybe it's not perfect, and maybe some of the changes go either too far, or not far enough, but I'm not bloodthirsty enough to get upset about a portion of the game the I may enjoy being modified for the benefit of those being directly and adversely impacted by it.

Last edited:
So how does changing the competitive balance equate to the WWE where there is no competition to begin with? And why is changing the competitive balance a bad thing if it's in order to protect the image of the league? For pete's sake, the idea of the worst team drafting first with the champion drafting last is solely for the idea of changing/improving the competitive balance of the league, and in a league where owners are worth billions and players are worth millions, threatening the competitiveness of a team is about the only way there's any chance of getting them to pay attention. There's no way to fine a Tom Brady (or the Patriots) anything more than what amounts to petty change to him.

And yeah, I like the NFL pretty much about the same as I did under Tagliabue. And the idea of any hard hits are now penalized is a pile of crap. Yeah, there are some changes for player safety (or for PR, but who cares if the end result is positive), and no, I don't really mind forgoing some of the hits in the interest of player safety. But there are plenty of hard legal hits that don't (and shouldn't) get penalized/fined - the difference between me and you is I don't forget about them and get my undies in a bunch every time someone's called for leading with the helmet - even when it's a bad call (bad referee calls happen on other plays too - bit it doesn't mean the rules for holding or pass interference are ruining the game either). Yeah, maybe it's not perfect, and maybe some of the changes go either too far, or not far enough, but I'm not bloodthirsty enough to get upset about a portion of the game the I may enjoy being modified for the benefit of those being directly and adversely impacted by it.

My panties aren't in a bunch, I just dont like this version of the NFL. (God'ell's deflategte/bountygate, punishing players who haven't even been charged with anything, much less convicted. Roethlisberger) Apparently you like this soap opera version of the NFL. Good for you,

We will never agree. (Once again)

Apparently you like this soap opera version of the NFL. Good for you,

I agree some of this is reaching daytime dramaesque... & I think Godelle reacts with very little consistency.

But the hits (which I think it's still a very violent game) & penalty issues would have been the same with Tag... I mean all that is a result of the competition committee. We can blame Fisher & the media for that.

I agree some of this is reaching daytime dramaesque... & I think Godelle reacts with very little consistency.

But the hits (which I think it's still a very violent game) & penalty issues would have been the same with Tag... I mean all that is a result of the competition committee. We can blame Fisher & the media for that.

BTW, how does Fisher still have a job, much less a spot on the competition committee? Fisher is a loser.

No wonder the league is all screwed up if that politician has a voice of leadership.

BTW, how does Fisher still have a job, much less a spot on the competition committee? Fisher is a loser.

No wonder the league is all screwed up if that politician has a voice of leadership.

He still has a job because just like a politician, he tells his bosses what they want to hear and he was part of something great once upon a time

I think he dropped the competition committee this season to focus on the Rams & their move.

Back