Patriots ready for the Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by beerlover, Jan 6, 2013.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

2. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

I hope we go up there and avenge that embarrassing loss. We were 11-1 and were expected to be competitive and possibly win, and we lost big. Now, we are sputtering along and expected to lose, so a win would be fitting!:ant::ant:

3. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

i said it a few days ago

Ravens
    CIncy
    HOuston
    INdy

IMO we are the only team thats stands a chance to dethrone IMO for the past 8 years the best team in the AFC im glad we get this chance WIn or lose

4. coltfan123

coltfan123 Veteran

broncos?

5. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

we are a better team then Denver to bad we may never get a chance to prove that since NE will prob take us out

6. Goodwrench3

Goodwrench3 Meh.

We can win this game. Putting pressure on Brady. A LOT of pressure. They only have Brady and recivers. The rest is garbage. Let's make a long night for him.

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

We are probably the best team in the NFL, barring mainly one position. Guess which one... :toropalm:

I'm not saying replacing him will be easy or can be done right away, but it's a problem if you want to win SBs.

8. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Come on now... Cushing will be back next season. You can't expect too much out of Bradie James.

HJam72 likes this.

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

We could definitely use Cushing, but I think you know I meant QB.

10. Yesterday

Yesterday Veteran

2 critical factors in this one:

1 - we can NOT fall behind big early. Gotta stuff them on 2/3 of their first drives.

2- we MUST run the ball and keep Brady off the field. Follow the 49ers gameplan, and we have to hit hard.

Also, our special teams must be impeccable.

Overall I like our chances. Seeing J Jo play in his last season form last game was huge.

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

As much as fans like to rag on Matt Schaub, some of it warranted, a lot of our issues are NOT his fault, IMHO! I look at the sideline for the deflation of a positive attitude amongst our players. When you have half the team stomping on the field BEGGING Kubiak to let them go on a 4-1 and he settles for a field goal, then I can see why some would have a "F that" attitude. Kubiak is a gutless A-H, and that won't fly against an elite team like the Pats. Ya gotta have faith in your guys to pull it off, and it appears to me Kubiak does not have faith in MS, or in his offense, at this point in time. This will be our toughest battle this year, and if Kubes wants to hunker down and play scared, we are done!! JMO! We might get beat, but, at least go down FIGHTING!

KA4Texan likes this.
  12. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

The decisions not to go for it on 4th and 1 were both correct... this isn't college, our D was owning their O and there was no need to take a risk.

13. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I agree with a lot that the article says but "backed into the playoffs" ? C'mon, 12-4 and beating the second place team in the division to win the division isn't "backing into the playoffs".

14. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

More like stumbling into the playoffs.

15. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

16. Yesterday

Yesterday Veteran

Math disagrees with you.

ALWAYS go for it there. We can't let the winning result deter us from that.

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I don't actually think it's Matt's fault. It's not actually his fault he has a weak arm for an NFL QB (or that he's immobile). He just does. So do I, but nobody's counting on me either.

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Advantages:

Head Coach - Pats
    QB - Pats
    OL - Pats
    RB - Texans
    WR - Push
    TE - Pats

DL - Push
    LB - Pats
    Sec. - Texans

Special Teams, incl. K - Pats

AJ plus no one is about equal to their group of WRs, in my estimation. However, Brady + Welker + Gronk + Hernandez is better than Schaub + AJ + OD + well, no one really. Wilfork is a beast, but the Texans have Watt. Their front seven as a whole is better than the Texans front seven. If the OL can neutralize their DL often enough to get Arian Foster going, then there's a chance the Texans can get an early lead and grind the clock. But the Texans have to score TDs, not FGs. The Texans secondary is better than the Patriots, I believe, but when Brady is running what is effectively the run and shoot offense, it only matters so much. The Texans' tendency to fall prey to the play action pass to the TE in the red zone is worth keeping an eye on, because Gronkowski is not injured this game. Hernandez burned the Texans on it last time, but Gronk can do it anywhere in the end zone, not just the flats.

I hate to say it, but I predict the Patriots will win easily. If the weather is bad, that keeps the Texans in it, I believe, so I'm praying for snow.

19. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I'm very surprised with this, did Texans actually exude cockiness? This strikes me as very un-Texan. Maybe this time Texans will be the ones taking care of business, one can only hope :fostering:

20. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

Cushing frees up our mediocre olbs to create pressure = shutdown d meaning Schaub isn't a problem.

Not disagreeing that Schaub ain't the best, I actually started a thread before time when he went down last year...but we can win plenty with him and Cush both on the team. Bet mercilus looks better when Cush comes back too.