Patrick Ramsey visiting

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tulexan, Mar 5, 2007.

1. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Former Green Wave QB, Patrick Ramsey will be visiting the Texans this week. Never had too much success in the league, but I don't think he has been given a fair shake.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/03/carr_and_green_could_benefit_f.html

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Now if anyone wants to compare any incoming/current QB's to DC it's this guy. drafted out of a relatively small school, has been hit so many times that he's shell-shocked & can't concentrate down field, bad coaching/schemes that left the kid out to dry & virtually no pocket presence.

Really the only difference between both is there draft positions & mobility.

No thanks, i'll pass.

3. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

this means that Ramsey is going to backup Sage and Carr is out???

4. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

You might as well let carr do it since he & Ramsey are identical & save the cap hit; you also have someone with 1 year in your system.

5. QB75

QB75 Veteran

If they sign Ramsey and trade Carr, I expect that Ramsey will eventually win the starting job.

6. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

If Ransey wins a starting job, I beleive that it will only be because we are molding a rookie QB. No way can I fathom him being brought in as a long term solution.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I expect we're going to sign him to a small something, something. He'll be in the QB competition we'll hold this off season. I doubt we'll hold more than 3 QBs this coming season.

Sage is a lock to make the team(I think). If Plummer shows up, he'll be the starter by default.

If we draft Quinn, BVP & Ramsey, are gone, Porter will go back to the Practice team.

If we don't draft Quinn, Ramsey & BVP will duke it out for the third spot.

Without Plummer, I think it'll be:

Sage, BVP/Ramsey, Quinn

8. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

/slits wrist

10. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Side note: Why the heck did I think he was from Miami and who the heck am I thinking of !? lol

EDIT: Ken Dorsey.....man I was way off!

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

LOL..... Did you have a long weekend??

Maybe you were thinking of Feeley (back in Philly now)
    Huard was there before
    Sage was there
    Fiedler??

12. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Ding ding ding... what does he win, Johnny?!

Sage, Ramsey and Quinn is what the actions are telling us right now. I can't imagine Plummer being in the picture for any draft pick consideration, even though he wants to play here. He just isn't worth it.

Either way it works out with Plummer, putting the screws to a potential Ramsey deal would cheapen the price for Plummer. And truth be told, I don't think there is much risk anymore in TB holding onto Plummer. I am sure if he stays retired, then they don't have to give anything up to Denver. So they have Simms, Garcia, and Plummer in an emergency should there be a significant injury to one of them.

I just worry about taking Quinn. So much expectation and the whole gripping Texan fan base will look at him and immediately say..."Now don't you go being a Carr on us!!!" He is going to get constantly bombarded with David Carr questions and comparisons to Carr after x years of development.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

no it was ken dorsey....lol yes very long weekend.

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

the only monkey wrench I can see in this, is if Plummer & Kubiak thought up this "retirement" crap together. If so, it would only be right for Kubiak to do the right thing, and get Jake in Houston(from a personal stand point, I mean if you ain't got your word, what do you have??).

You're talking about the U right?? Where Dorsey went to college. I think Texan Bill thinks you're talking about the Dolphins.

15. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

True. But still, If Jake got traded and it was Kubiak's idea about retirement, which I don't think it truly was, then Kubiak and Smith still have to consider the value of the pick they would have to give up. Harrington was had for a 5th rounder... that is the tops of the rung in my opinion, definitely shouldn't pay more than that... if that much.

to be honest, I don't want him here anyways. Would rather roll the dice with Sage or another veteran for a few years than give up a draft pick. He is a two year stop gap at best, so why sacrifice a pick.

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Shell shocked? He has been sacked 75 times in five seasons. Ramsey has many faults, but being shell shocked is not one of them.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I totally agree... I wish they never started this Snake in Houston "rumor" to begin with.

18. If the plan is to let Carr go and we sign Ramsey........I will not watch a single Texans football game this year.

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Please Texans sign Ramsey right away! :tease:

20. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

The Texans were one of 3 teams to attend Brady Quinn's Pro-Day. I am suspicious that Carr will be traded (I won't even try to speculate the circumstances of such a trade), Ramsey will be signed as a backup, Sage will be the starter, Quinn will be drafted by Houston at #8, and Bob's your uncle.