Pathetic Colts fans at the game today, and the refs who played into their antics

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by GP, Nov 8, 2009.

1. GP

GP Go Texans!

What I couldn't stand was how EVERY time Manning and his receivers didn't catch a pass, the crowd would immediately start screaming for a flag.

As if the only way Manning doesn't complete a pass if the defense somehow had an illegal edge.

And the refs were very quick to throw those flags, and I feel that they were enticed to throw those flags because of the Colts fans and their over-reaction to every incompletion.

And I swear that crowd noise sounded piped in, too. There were times when the fans on the sideline--for the whole length of the screen shot--were sitting down and not even waving their arms or anything, and that noise sounded like 90,000 people were producing it.

I just hate the Colts. I hate Manning. He pouts when they have to punt, and goes to the sideline acting like a 3-year-old, and griping at his guys. He's the Kobe Bryant of the NFL.

I know the old saying: "Bad teams gripe about the refs." This was a day when you could sense their would be a flag. Hell, the flags would come 3 damn seconds after the play was over, too. Like the refs even thought to themselves "Yeah, it HAD to be something on the defense for that play not to have worked for the Colts. Penalty on the defense, now let's huddle up and figure out which player to call it on and what it was."

This loss and the Cardinals loss are eerily similar, but at least the refs in the Cards game didn't get flag happy on either team.

2. threeputtsam

threeputtsam Rookie

Face it:

The Colts are winners
    The Texans are Losers

3. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Dead on the money GP. But this team, and coaches need to reach a point where referee's cease to be a factor in the outcome. As long as we continue this trend of not playing a full four quarters, we're going to lose games that are close on the road due to the homefield ref advantage.

4. GP

GP Go Texans!

And there IS something to the way calls seem to go to winners.

We see it in the NBA with the Lakers.

More times than not, the great teams and the great players are going to get those close calls go their way.

Refs are human. Proven very well by the events of today. And humans can get lulled into adoring or revering certain players that seem to transcend the game.

Joey Porter is not nearly the meat-head that he was made out to be when he claimed Tom Brady has different rules than others. I'd put the Colts right up there with them.

Can I say that I can prove it? No. But it was really fishy smelling today. To the point where I didn't celebrate a good play by our team until that ball had been snapped on the next play.

5. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

WOW, YOU GOT THE GREATEST qb OF ALL TIME AND BRADY HAS HOW MANY RINGS?

6. False Start

False Start On # 69

I'm still wondering how there wasn't a horse-collar called on the JJ return.....that's right they were calling a holding call on the Texans. :ok:

7. threeputtsam

threeputtsam Rookie

Matt Schaub has 0 rings and Brady has 3

8. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

On the next possesion after we were called for the forearm to the head on the tackle and the refs gave them 15 yards and extended their drive, they tackled one of our guys the exact same way......and no flag.

The last INT by Schaub should have been blow to the head on the QB by the way they were calling the game.

A lot of those calls were BS, however, all that being said, we still have the ball in our hands going down to take the lead and milk the clock and win the game and we couldn't close the deal. Yes because of the pick where Schaub was hit in the head, but I am saying he has to tuck it and eat it in that situation.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

And I'm saying "Gomer" will never do that because he isn't smart enough or quick enough to make that decision before the hit gets there. Schaub still isn't the guy. His supporting cast makes him look like the guy against lousy defenses but against truly good teams he's infinitely mortal. He's not "David Carr Bad" but he's very ordinary.

10. ATXtexanfan

peyton has how many to brady?

11. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

The Colts are Eli Manning. You take that guy away and the Colts are a .500 team at best. You put Eli Manning on this Texans team and they are not losing too many games, especially now the way the defense is playing.

IMO Eli Manning is the greatest player in the game right now and possibly the greatest QB of all time.

12. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

uh ?

13. ATXtexanfan

eli?

14. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Bartender! Another round for Hookem!

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

(giggling to myself)

Kevin, do you need a ride home?

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

LOL, actually I am not drinking today however am watching the Giants right now. I of course meant Peyton...lol.

17. Jewel

Jewel Rookie

Your entire post is Pathetic, I hate Crybabies!!

18. Indy Skinnz

Indy Skinnz Veteran

Mind-numbingly stupid post.

The things you accuse the Colts fans of doing are the things that fans of every team does, even the Texans' fans. You are a moron if you believe otherwise. Thinking the fans got some of those penalties called is laughable.

And on the piped in crowd noise - really, you are going there? Most intellectual fans think the new stadium is actually much, much quieter than the Dome was. But you don't seem too intellectual.

To the rest of the Houston fans - your time is coming. Houston has the makings of a very, very good football team. I was extremely impressed with how they weathered the storm in the first half and came back to make it a great game. I was thrilled with the miss FG because I had little faith in the Colts' D making a stop in overtime. The division is likely gone but they will be a ***** to play against the rest of the season. And should they get into the playoffs, no one will want to face them.

19. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

Don't worry about this guy.

Typical troll.

Probably saw a truck with Texans stickers leave his house when he pulled up one day.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  20. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I've liked some of what you've said, and not so much on the rest.

We played like dog poop the 1st half. Should speak negatively about the Colts that they had to "hang on" to win. But, they won, I aint even trying to pull a ref thing. Chips fell where they fell.

Thanks for all your input....game is now over. See you next game.

Buh bye now.