Path to the Draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by amazingandre, Feb 12, 2007.

1. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

On nflnetwork they are going to be running this show. I think it's each day or something. Anyway it's on tonight at 5 30 cenral time. I will post things they say and i hope others will as well if they watch it. I know they will have inside info esp as the month goes on.

2. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Russell
    quinn
    stanton
    trent edwards hurt all the time
    kevin kolb
    top 5 qbs

3. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Russell hands down the best qb......he is soooo good. they are showing clips of him right now and he has the pro qb arm......but he is late with delivery sometimes....only downfall. Also they question his work ethic and doesnt know if he is all about football like manning.....

4. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Brady Quinn
    Played in Nfl offense and can make all the throws at the nfl level. Great touch and accuracy. Compared to tom brady. Sometimes his accuracy is off. Def. nfl ready, but he misses some easy throws rarely.....

Russell and Quinn both need to work on confidence and know when they need to release the ball.....needs to anticipate the route more. Both have similar numbers. Brady didn't have as much talent around him as Russell. Says LSU was better team and you cant knock quinn for losing bowl game. He blames their defense not quinn.....

5. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Raiders being on the clock.
    Floyd Reese pick Russell as the 1st pick.

6. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I am going to throw my Tom Brady McFarlane figure at the TV if that damn Virginia Teddy Bear commercial comes on again.

7. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

i know it's sp annoying. it's always on the nfl channel

8. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Summing it up.
    Says quinn may be being over analyzed like Dan Marino was. They say we should slow down and think about it. Tomorrow will be the rb's.....which will pertain to us.....

9. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

:shades:

Adrian Peterson! If not.... Kenny Irons!!!

10. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

i say michael bush

11. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Here we go....the show we been waitin for....rb's plus lions are on the clock....

12. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

On average 3 backs taken in 1st round......
    ap
    lynch
    tony hunt
    brian leonard
    lorenzo booker

There top 5. Tony Hunt is under the radar and great receiver.
    Leonard is big and can play fullback or tailback. Booker is small but GREAT hands and a matchup problem like BUSH. Irons, Bush, Tenard Jackson are close tops, depends on taste of backs.

Ap is the top back. Reads are amazing and nice stiff arm. Excellent running the counter....but knock is not catching many passes, could be blamed on the team he played for.Good vision and runs with anger. Great RAW talent. fot 2 4.4 40 and home run hitter......

Lynch similar to ap. Career's very similar. Home run threat as well. He always moved the pile forward. The differneces one being lynch is better receiver. He is excellent at making people miss and has loose hips and tremendous hips. makes more than one person take him down, but he does get stunned with hits sometimes by smaller players. Ap is more of the home run hitter though. but says ap is an upright runner with lots of potential for injury.

13. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Sorry if i mess up spelling and stuff going fast to keep up.

Lynch interview i will summarize....

He is currently training for combine and with bg name players like ap and russell.......

lynch works with ap is they give each other pointers. He likes working with ap. He hopes he will clock around a low 4.3 in the 40.....

Answers to questions about himself....what he wants teams to know....
    genuine and humble....great work ethic and give all he's got every play......great person and can uplift teams and wants an oppurtunity

14. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Lions being on the clock....

most sacked in 06....avg. 70 yds a game rushing...NEEDS JOE THOMAS.....but may want Quinn says they need to draft the franchise qb....interesting....most likely not even thinking of johnson....quinn makes the most sense b/c he will solidy their future....either lt or qb.....will most likely have ap on their board too. 3 great choices...who will they pick??????

15. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Kenny irons very productive......pittman had back to back 1000 yard season and nose for endzone.......bush....good but needs to prove is same as before.......wr tomorrow......

16. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

That work ethic thing bothers me about Russell. Thats not the first time I've heard or read it either. If he took it easy during college and didn't apply himself to be the best, then what's he going to do at the next level, especially when things might not go his teams way?

If I'm a GM, I go after a hungry player willing to work hard, but doesn't have all of the tools versus a guy who has all of the tools but not as much desire.

17. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

what are you talking about? russell is at a camp with ap and lynch and others getting ready for the combine....that shows work ethic to me......

18. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Lynch looked a lot bigger on TV than 217 and Mayock was saying 228+. If he runs anywhere in the 4.3s he will shoot up even further.

19. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

They said he ran a mid to high 4.3 he wants to run a low 4.3 sry i didnt do the wr's o well didnt pertain to us anyway......i worked late but ill do the ol i think it's tonight.......

20. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

so im wrong it's te's and arizona is on the clock....im not scouting te's we dont need one....ill tell what they think arizona will do....