pass intference call

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by utahmark, Oct 18, 2010.

1. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

did'nt we decline that penalty. i keep hearing how it cost them the game but aj caught the ball and we declined the penalty, right?

it could of been called offensive PI but how often is that called. it should of just been a no call. Peter King even commented on how that kept us in the game. even if it was called offensive, the way we were moving the ball we would of still went down and scored.

--- if someone wants to edit my title, they are more than welcome.

2. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

I think Keller had it called against him on two plays in a row yesterday, Shockey had it called on him yesterday, and then I saw it two or three other times in games yesterday. AJ clearly shoved Flowers out of the way as the ball was dropping in, one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Did it cost KC the game? At that point it very well could have, since it definitly got us where we needed to be with little time left on the clock.

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

You are correct. The penalty was declined...

And yes, it should have been a no call. That umpiring crew makes a few wtf? calls every game. They were also very bad at missing holding calls.

4. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I was too busy breaking up a fight between a drunken chief's fan that told another fan to stfu right in their face about 1" from it.. Ughhh...

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

It probably should've been a no-call. But if there was going to be a penalty it should've been called offensive interference. I think AJ knew it too.

dc_txtech likes this.
  6. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

From what I remember Flowers made some contact with AJ and then AJ took advantage of it to give him a little nudge with his forearm. I don't think either should have been called.

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Flowers looked like he was doing his best dirk nowitzki impression out there.

Initiate contact, then when AJ motions back, flail your arms about and make like you just got steamrolled trying to get the attention of the ref.

Luckily, the NFL refs are smarter than the NBA ones and the right call was made. It could have gone either way, but their player initiated it and the flag was thrown for that, not the push off

SheTexan likes this.
  8. GP

GP Go Texans!

Boo hoo.

Count me as a fan who thinks Flowers shoved AJ first, and to top it off AJ didn't give Flowers as big of a shove as some of you are saying. If anything, he extending his forearm and used it as a "brace" so that Flowers could not move back into him. Not really a true "push," but just blocking him from coming back to AJ's body.

With all the holding calls the refs missed on the Chiefs o-line, I could care less. We had a Pass Intereference call on us that was very lame, as well, where our guy made contact right as the ball got there.

And Steve Tasker's Houston Hater ways was in full display yesterday. When Antonio Smith caught the Chiefs' LG twitching and caused a fals start on KC...Steve Tasker refused to admit that the LG did indeed FLINCH. Over and over, he kept showing the replay and then the very last time Tasker started stuttering because he realized that he was wrong. He couldn't finish his train of thought because his train derailed due to the evidence of the LG flinching.

From that point on, Tasker was crying about everything. The guy ranks up there with Paul MaGuire (also a former Bills player) who loves to hate Houston.

9. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

That "shove" that AJ gave was not blatant and was no more than incidental contact, much of which was goin on between the two players.

I ain't losin any sleep over this and neither is AJ. The refs screwed both teams on different valls throughout the game. What pisses me off is the Chief fans who act like the Texans played no part in the KC loss which is totally dishonest.

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

Watched the replay. Watch how fast Flowers claps at the flag he thought was against AJ. Now that is funny.

I guess they called Flowers for bumping AJ durring his route.

Also Flowers decided that he would stop playing defense and instead start yelling for a flag while the ball is still in the air. Listen young man. Worry about begging for a call after the play. Not durring!

12. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

It should've been a no call but we already got the yardage.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It may very well be just my imagination but I feel like I'm watching a presentation of the "National Yellow Flag League" this year. It just feels like they're calling more penalties than previously in almost every game I watch.

Like I said, I might be imagining it but it's the impression I have right now.

14. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

I want to see some video of the coach yelling at Flowers after the call, all but pushing him back on the field to go yell at the ref some more.

The call was wrong, but that was pretty funny afterwards

15. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

AJ gave a shrewd, subtle nudge to Flowers. It would have been a great no call. There was no extension of the arm, which is why the other guys got their flags. As I have said before, Flowers and the Chiefs got away with a few throughout the game, so he can zip it.

16. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Thanks for the link.

Flowers clearly put his shoulder into AJ's chest at 0:14 to slow him down or redirect him. You're not allowed to make contact with the receiver to change his route more than 5 yards downfield.

:penalty:

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I'm not going to comment on any of the calls. It sure seemed like the referees were running behind the whole game. I don't know. They looked rather old to be frank...

18. False Start

False Start On # 69

Yeah, that was messed up. That lady was just way out of hand.

I would still like to see a good replay of the "catch" right before the half.

19. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

You touch a receiver 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage as the corner CLEARLY did that's a penalty. Johnson did the same thing to homeboy that he did to him. There should have been offsetting penalties, but when you consider that neither guy really gave the other a Michael Irvin-esque hard shove I wouldn't have called interference on EITHER of them.
    Besides, let us NOT forget that Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL and would have made that catch in double coverage. Even if there was no penalty or contact, Johnson would have still made that catch.

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

We have all seen that play before go either against the O, the D or as a no call. Houston finally gets one back.