Pardon The Interruption

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mr. B, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Mr. B

Mr. B Rookie

On tonights show they discussed whom is having the better season at this point and while both agreed it was Mario. They even admitted they would never have thought this at the beginning of the season.

But here's the catch. They still stated they would take Bush over Mario and that people need to realize that even though Bush isn't setting the world on fire and his stats are pretty bad. Then the statements of all statements. Something to the fact that we still need to understand that while Bush isn't doing much he is a decoy of sorts and defeneses and coordinators have to plan to deal with him :yikes: so this is helping the Saints win !!!!

Sheesh they just don't want to eat crow.

Oh, also he is supposed to be a monster bloker in the backfield for Duece and Brees.

B

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

They will pimp Reggie until his dying day.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

spinning is just an artform

This would have been a legit situation..
    we draft Bush.. N.O. took Mario.

I wonder what would be the spin.

Bush :with the Texans has no talent around him they are still with 2 wins.?

mario at N.O.? would they say Brees, Colston(m/s) and Payton are the real reason they are winning?

I honestly dont' think Mario would have gotten any praise from any team that drafted him.. Bush was the golden child.

Thing is .. isn't Lundry having a better season?

I know the kids in Indy and N.E. are having a better season than Bush

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

He probably is a decoy and defenses probably do have to be aware of him because of the talent he has, but the fact is that Reggie Bush is being outplayed by Mario Williams at this point. Reggie wasn't drafted to be a decoy. He was drafted to be a playmaker, and he's not making plays.

5. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Pathetic!!!! how BSpn refuses to except that they ARE NOT the sports authority on pro football and that their so call "EXPERTS" can be wrong.

6. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Just wait a few more weeks for Kornheiser & Wilbon on PTI.

They usually admit when they are wrong about someone. They just dont wanna jump on the Mario bandwagon until they are absolutely sure that Bush will do nothing this year. Remember that there are 8 games left this year.

7. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

FYI - defenses have to also account for Deuce, Horn, and Colston as well as every other player on offense with the exception of linemen.

As far as him being a decoy ..... I guess you could say that since he's going to draw all of the criticism away from the Texans and Mario if he keeps producing like he is.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

also I think it would help if Weaver (or whoever) had about 5 sacks also .. they could throw in Williams is the "Decoy"(seems to be the word of the season for some)

9. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm...nothing like paying a 50 million dollar decoy.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I never wanted Reggie Bush, for three reasons.
    1)I think we needed to get rid of all the BushBowl fans
    2)We're going to be DenverSouth
    3)I like DD.

Reggie is not having a very good rookie season. but neither did guys like Ricky Williams, RonDayne, and LarryJohnson. Ricky & LJ have lived up to their expectations..... with the exception of Ricky's off field activities......

there is no reason to believe that Reggie won't.

I believe that Mario was the best pick for us.

I believe alot of these "experts" owe us a big apology.

But it would be stupid to call Reggie out this early in his career.

11. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

An expensive decoy for sure!

Thank God we did not drafthim.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The fact that noone else on our team has 4 sacks, IMHO is even more of a testament to what Mario means to this team. just imagine if he was on a line with decent talent...... Like Anderson, Kiwanuka, Hali, or Lawson.

13. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

So THAT'S why Ron Dayne's stats are so unimpressive! He's a DECOY! Of course! Yeah, that's it!

14. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Bush IS a decoy and he DOES force defenses to account for him. Mario does the same thing though to offenses, so I dont think that is a good excuse to take Bush over Williams.

15. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

The ONLY reason you would take Bush over Williams is if didnt have any other pressing needs for your 1st round draft pick and you wanted to sell a bunch of jerseys & sell out your home games for the first time ever.

16. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

No, you can only be a 'decoy' if you are terrible and need a desperate excuse.

17. ledzeppelin229

About PTI, I was watching it today with Wilbon and the old guy (white hair, not Kornheiser) and behind the old one they had a picture of Mario to the right of his face in pretty good camera position every time he was talking. I'm sure most people don't even recognize him but it was nice regardless.

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think that it is ironic and also shows the inexact nature of the draft that the best offensive rookie on the Saints is Marques Colston even though they drafted Bush second overall and the most compelling defensive rookie on the Texans this season is DeMeco Ryans and not Mario Williams.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

There is no good reason for taking Reggie Bush with the number 1 overall pick.

for a running back to qualify as the #1 overall, he's got to run between the tackles, and he has to have a history of carrying the ball 20+ times a game.

Period.

You will not find a running back ever taken in the top 5 that did not fit that description.

Now if Reggie was a wideReciever, it would make sense to take him with the #1 overall........ but he was not the best reciever in the draft.

the only thing that made Reggie a #1 pick was ESPN's hype machine, and the fact that they thought we had a GM dumb enough to take Reggie with the #1 overall.

LT was not taken #1 overall. Shaun Alexander, not taken with the #1 overall, Emmit...... not a #1 overall back, RonDayne, nope, Ricky Williams.... no, CedricBenson...... nope.

Reggie Bush was never, and shouldn't have ever been a #1 overall prospect.

20. ledzeppelin229

True about DeMeco and Mario but I think it can be pretty much agreed upon that DeMeco was the more polished player from the outset. Mario is much more about raw ability and potential, and was expected to take a little longer developing.

Now the irony about Bush and Colston..Nevermind, words just won't do it justice.

[​IMG]