Parcells turns down Falcons

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Dec 19, 2007.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Considering how he set Dallas back up with his moves and helped bring a little more stability I think this is good for them. He will get rid of the head cases.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160597

2. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Say what you want about the job he did in Dallas but he did get those girls to the playoffs a few times and did draft MOST of the talent on the current roster including Mr. Horsecollar and Jessica Simpson's current girlfriend Toni Romo.

3. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I believe that Roy Williams was drafted while Dave Campo was still head coach.

4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

That's what I put in my original post....not sure if that was geared towards me but that is what I said..."Considering how he set Dallas back up with hi smoves and a little more stability." I don't give him all the credit but he built the talent base.

5. adam

adam Guero

It's beginning to look as though Christ himself couldn't save the Falcons. They have a whole football team worth of holes to fill in the offseason and the management has been horrid.

They need something.

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I have a feeling they may do a Portland Trailblazer type of house cleaning after the display on TV last week where some were supporting Vick with t-shirts, etc. They may want to start distancing themselves and just start from scratch.

7. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Exactly, and I think that was the one thing that made Pea-Brain bolt like he did without even talking to the players.

You are going to see a huge gutting of that team to where they might challenge the Bucs for that nonwinning streak.

8. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Its too bad you can't buy stock in the Parcells death stare, because that thing is going to be on fire next year.

If wish someone had a video of him giving it to Tyson Thompson last year for like 5 minutes straight after he fumbled the kick off

9. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Romo wasn't drafted, was he? I thought they picked him up as a rookie free agent signing.

10. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

God, where do you start with that team? I guess cut every one and start form scratch. TradeAs many for picks as you can, and say hit the road to the rest. What a bunch of whiney losers. You can get picks for Crumpler, Hall, and thats about it...Try and keep Dunn for the leadership aspect and go from there.

11. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Don't honestly know what would help this team but say what you want about Parcells he's taken 4 different teams to the playoffs and 2 teams to the SB. His downfall in Big D was not kissing Owens Ass and i don't blame him.

ATL has so many holes and I still think when Blank hired Petrino for the gig most of the NFL collectively did a double take. It was a bad hire from the get go. I think he did both sides a big service by bolting. I agree though this offseason has to be starting from scratch and gutting the team big time. Recoup what you can from Vick, then pull every plug and distance yourself from him. they drafted fairly well last year and still have our other second. The NFC South is relatively weak right now too. IF they hire the right guy it wouldn't be that big of a suprise that they could be competitive in 2 years.

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Sounds like Parcells is going to play the same sort of role with the Falcons
    that Dan Reeves played here in Houston with the Texans, but instead of looking over Casserlys shoulder he'll be looking over Falcons GM McKays.

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

This a must hire for Blank. I do not buy into the Parcells' magic, but he is a great diversion for a franchise full of issues.

14. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Scott Pioli of the Patriots would be a good first hire.

15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

What he does do well is sets a plan and drafts and gets guys who fit his plan. It didn't work with his style coaching in Dallas but his pieces with the style now works beautifully. He drafted talent and he knew what he wanted. I think just having that structure will benefit them. Again, as I said above, it is like the Trailblazers...they will deconstruct and start over.

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Classic!!

Correct. His very first game as a pro was September 8, 2002 (I wonder why I know that?)

I agree with you. HE can get an organization turned around by his philosophy and frankly being a jerk. A jerk as is needed to straighten some folks within that organization out... I hope for the Falcons sake, that they have patience with him, because they are in such shambles that its going to take more than a few years to get things turned around.

17. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Parcells? Talk about someone who needs to stay away from the fried chicken and fries.

Silver Oak likes this.
  18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Parcells' playoff record with Giants 8-3 (83-90). Since 3-5 (93-96, 97-99, 2003-2006). Total 11-8.

Parcells' playoff record with Belichick as Coordinator 10-4, without 1-4.

19. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

If Parcells is hired as the VP of Football Operations, McKay may not be the GM much longer. And I think that might be a good think for the Falcons.

20. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Agreed! You want manboobs, Parcells is your man. :specnatz:

[​IMG]