Parcells:Romo overconfident

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/shared-gen/ap/General_Football_News/FBN_Cowboys_Romo.html
    wow..

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Rookie

Go Seahawks! :D

3. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

I like Parcells candor....No bull**** allowed !

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

omg clearly this means the cowboys will collapse and never win another game omg omg omg!!!!!

5. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

Tony Romo won't collapse this Saturday.. He's faced the downs of the downs having to overcome impossible odds to be the Cowboy quarterback he is today. He witnessed first hand 7 QBs in front of him-- Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Stoerner, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe ALL wither in fire for not performing well..

The media's hots for Tony has nothing to do with his play of late (even though it really hasn't been that bad). Each week he's gone out and played like its his last game. Sure, it's not as impressive as before, but it doesn't help at all that defensive coordinators finally have some tape on him, the offense is always on the field because of the D, and the running game has been non existant as of late.

The Cowboy's struggles is NOT on Tony Romo. For those inside Texas we all know who's the culprit-- Mike Zimmer. . For all those outside (including Houston)-- I can understand your reasoning.

Watch out for Romo to explode on Saturday night.

6. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

One can only hope ;)

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

last quote sounds like you know who

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Et tu, Tuna?

9. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I know how this story ends already. I've been watching the Cowboys too long to ignore the pattern.

The Cowboys will get FUBAR'ed on Saturday night. Then everyone will be putting the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. They won't make it, they'll just come out on fire at home.

They'll be ready to run Romo out of town by midseason 2007. The rest of the teams in the NFL have enough film on him by now that they've caught up to him.

He'll end up a backup on another squad in 2008. Then he'll be the next Jesse Palmer and star in "the Bachelor" the following offseason.

10. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

My favorite Cowboy's teams are the 8-8 or 9-7 teams (like this year) that give the fans hope only to squash them.

gg no re likes this.
  11. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

man now that the cowboys are going into their second decade of not winning a playoff game it's gonna be so much fun when the Texans get in and win one if dallas still has not produced a playoff win.

Talking about past titles only goes so far, see Boston Celtics

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I am not bashing the cowboys with the start of this thread, I hope for the state of Texas that they beat the Seachickens.

but suprised with the wording.. because I was thinking Romo was doing worse because this is the NFL and defensive coordinators study game film and find flaws in a team (and players). Also the Cowboys defense has disappeared for some reason too.

But with Romo getting a all-pro birth after 7 weeks just put a huge bulls-eye on him ..(and that is another thread)

13. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Bill said some weeks back that Tony was playing well but that all the praise should be tempered and the guy still needed plenty of coaching and would make plenty of mistakes.

All I know is they got into the playoffs with him as QB and they were going nowhere fast with Drew there. Their OL is not very good and whoever takes the snaps has to at least have some mobility and Drew has zero.

The real test for Tony will come next year; that will show if he's got what it takes to be their long-term QB.

14. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

he's too busy tappin Kelly Clarkson

15. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

I think you mean Carrie Underwood but I'm not totally sure(saw here at a Cowboys game on T.V.) I think Romo's struggles as of late have to do with teams having more "Romo game film to watch". Unless you are Montana or Marino or one of the other all time greats NFL coaches will figure you out. But that's just my :twocents:

16. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

yeah that one

17. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Yea you're right, Bill was right and the other teams do have coaches and they are paid very well to prepare their defenses.

And the Cowboys OL is not good.

18. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I, too, love Bill Parcell's candor. I recall after the big win and Romo's 5 TDs on Thanksgiving Day, the sports interview was really singing Romo praises. The first thing out of Parcell's mounth was put away the anointing oil, then he went on to explain basically what WWJD posted earlier.

The success did come rather quickly, so hopefully this will be a time of reflection, getting a reality check, see what positive can come out of it and move on.

19. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Not exactly a HOF caliber list of QB's.

Oh and before you say it, Yes I know Bledsoe and Testaverde have some nice stats and have had good/decent careers.

20. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

21-20.

I love it when a plan comes together.