Panthers MB thread:A persective on Peppers

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I thought this was interesting
    http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/71777-perspective-peppers.html

2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I think that it's fans just bitching about one of their high priced players who did not perform to expectations last season. I imagine that Julius Peppers is going to have some more great football seasons before he retires, the guy was just too good of a pass rusher to all of a sudden become "just a guy".

2 seasons where a player does that is when there's cause for worry. Besides, these are the same fans who thought David Carr could make his comeback there.

3. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Interesting post, I think it is big of Arrington to admit all that.

What this makes me think about is Mario and his apparent willingness despite the pressure of being #1 over VY and RB to play within the system be disciplined and take the ignorant criticism....

Makes me think that Mario is very high character.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

yes reading that I did think of mario(in a way) and the criticism he got his rookie year even before he stepped on the field..

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I think it's all David Carr's fault. Mario was a bust last year, this year it's a crime against humanity that he wasn't a starting DE in the Pro Bowl. It's so symetrical, how could you miss it? X +3 = 5. Seriously, I doubt ANYONE but hard core fans thinks Peppers is any sort of a bust. The pressure on these guys is HUGE. They have 16 weeks (minus the playoffs) to show their abilities.
    During that time, it's open season in the film room 'cuz every bowel movement is videotaped and "inconsistencies" brought out into the open. Yeah, Peppers might have had an off year or two, but I bet the tackles he was playing against never said or thought that. The D line is as finicky as the OL sometimes, in who shines and who doesn't.

6. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

So true.....

I think as fans we presume to understand how players think or act, when we really have no idea.

That is why it is so fascinating when players speak candidly about their thought processes and feelings.

I admire Arrington for laying it on the line like he did in that interview.

7. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Yep bust and over-rated.

How about a nice 6th round pick for that current bust ?

:spy:

8. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

You know, I was wondering if our F/O would have any interest in Peppers. If he could be had relatively cheaply - or better yet, if we could give them Weaver.....