Paging Tonya Harding...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mailman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Did the post-game comments from that classless piece of dogshit Albert Haynesworth make anyone else want to punch the screen?

It's past time for karma to make that thug her *****.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

As much as it pains me to say it, Schaub has done nothing to prove him wrong.

I see flashes of potential, but overall, it's the same old song and dance with this franchise. I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie. The fact of the matter is that we are a losing franchise and continue to be a losing franchise. Individual performances are good for highlight reels and new contracts, but the only thing that matters is scoreboard at the end of the day. We have been swept by the Titans the majority of our seasons, so they leave me with little to cling onto in the way of hope.

For all the great things we hoped for when we got Schaub and Green, the results are still the same as previous seasons. Losing more than we win, unable to get a win streak going, unable to rise to the challenge of individual games.

3. treygar

treygar Veteran

I think the Rosenfels not getting $60 mil comment is funny myself.

Schaub the savior has bowed out of 3 of his 10 games, Sage has had to come off the bench or start (one start being a victory), he should definitely get a cut.

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

With the amount of brains that Haynesworth got handed, I'll say that karma already done its job :)

adam likes this.
  5. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

I cannot believe the criticism Schaub is taking from Texans fans for getting hurt in games this season, especially in light of the cheap shots he took that put him on the sideline.

Albert Haynesworth is one of the guys who took a cheap shot at him on the field. Now he takes another one at him from the locker room.

6. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

It's football, the same type of things being said by legends of the game in years past was considered great. But now that Albert says it about our player it is a problem? For years fans have said this team needs some swagger, some attitude. What is wrong with some trashtalk? It is only good when it happens on a message board? Albert talks and backs it up. End of that story.

I don't have much of a problem with it myself. To the victor goes the spoils and the trash talking rights.

7. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

co-signed.

Bottom line is that we had expectations for winning more games this year and it is very likely we will lost more games than last year with additions that were supposed to make the team better. So frustrating. I know we have had injuries, but doesn't change the record. We have changed QB, RB, HC, Coordinators, WRs, and yet we still can't match the best season we had under the old regime. Not saying I want them back, but just venting.

Double Barrel likes this.
  8. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

I agree insofar as I'd like to see the Texans players punch the other guy in the face and let him know about it, but Haynesworth has a well-known history of classlessness. It's one thing to play with swagger and attitude. It's another to parlay that emotion into dirty play.

His words yesterday say everything about the guy.

9. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

You cannot just glide over that with a "but."

The injuries this team has suffered are almost beyond comprehension. I don't care how good you are, no team would compete for the playoffs if you lose as many key players as the 2007 Houston Texans. This is not an excuse. It's a flat-out reason.

The team constructed at the beginning of the season is not the one playing on the field today.

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Classless or not, I'd take the guy in a heartbeat. When a DLine player steps on the field he needs to become a mean SOB and Haynesworth is just that.

Punch'em in tha mouth or ya gunna get whooped.:wild:

11. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

If they think that Rosenfels is so much better than Schaub then why were they trying to knock him out of the game? Sounds a little conflicting to me.

12. adam

adam Guero

Hahah! Well said, sir. Well said. Rep for you.

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Here I thought Sage had had injury issues during his career too. I guess he is "the man" now. ..ahem

14. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

Trash talk is rarely logical. That is all this is. No need to make a big fuss about it.

15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Agreed. Just making a point that seemed ironic and talked about in the off season.

16. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

Now that's funny. lol:

17. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Karma will, when Haynesworth runs for the money this offseason and ends up on a crap team. Oh, and when Schaub gets some protection, he'll make every team in the AFC South HIS *****.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Every team has injuries, obviously some more than others. The difference is that we still have no depth after 6 seasons. And since we've tended to take other teams rejects instead of building from our drafts (no thanks to Casserly), we have a little less room for recovering from the injury bug.

At some point our team is going to have to spend a high pick or two on offensive linemen and RB. Getting over-the-hills and later rounders can only do so much for us when we do not have a solid team around them to pick up the slack.

19. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I'm not ready to hang Schaub out to dry just yet. He's faced many of the same problems DC faced and is suffering the consequences that David never faced.

David learned in his later years with the Texans not to look down the field but to keep his eyes down to watch the line. It’s a bad habit to get into and probably the reason he's not starting in Carolina now. I red an article this past weekend speculating that this may be David's last year in the NFL. I'd have to say, the Texans had a lot to do with his fate.

Schaub hasn't gotten into that habit yet (I hope he doesn't) but his final play can be directly attributed to him looking down the field trying to make a play while the line protection broke down in front of him. Schaub suffered the consequences for that decision.

Unless this line is fixed this off-season, we will ruin another quarterback.

The hard part to swallow in this scenario is that the two draft picks we used to get Schaub may be the very thing that causes his down fall. The Colts took their starting LT with the 10th pick (we would have had the 9th pick) in the second round of last year’s draft (Tony Ugoh).

20. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

I wouldn't. I don't know how anyone can legitimately blame the Texans when Carr proved incapable of getting rid of the ball quickly, delivering it over the top so the pass wouldn't get batted down at the line, setting his feet to throw, or not fumbling the snap. David Carr is accountable for David Carr's play, not the Houston Texans. The Texans are accountable for not recognizing the problem earlier and addressing it accordingly.

Actually, he scrambled out of the pocket and the protection broke down behind him. If he had eyes in the back of his head, he probably would've been able to avoid the sack.