PacMan suspended

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Silver Oak, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

2. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

No surprise. I personally felt Jerry should have suspended him but I don't run the team and he didn't call me to ask my opinion so....

3. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

The pillars begin to tumble...

4. False Start

False Start On # 69

The Dallas Crimeboys deserve him.

5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I wish Jerry would cut him but oh well. Still think it is a little steep for something that was a non-arrest but with his idiocy and what he was promised they had to lay down the law.

This is also below in the PacMan thread.

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm guessing that the Cowboys would like to have Jacques Reeves right about now.

7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Sounds like Jerry MIGHT get smart and wash his hands of it. He is getting his pick back from the Titans already

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

8. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Uh no thanks...I'd rather they go with their rookies.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I wish I started that pacman suspension over/under thread I was thinking about.

10. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

It's cool, it'll still be a good thread to start in a month..lol.

11. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't stop laughing

12. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

my fault for starting this one. I didn't see that the other thread had already started discussing the turds suspension.

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I seem to remember that just a couple of days ago, Stretch called this a "nothing" and "ridiculous." Reminds me of the old days. Hide things under the bed, and maybe they won't exist........until someone looks under the bed and then there is "disappointment." Not for the right reasons, but for being "uncovered." NOWWW comes out the "disappointment." The real disappointment should not be felt indirectly, but from consequences taken directly to the ownership. IMHO:tiphat:

14. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

PacMan should be suspended for life, Goodell is softening up in his old age.

15. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

At what point is he kicked out of the league? Isn't this his 3rd suspension?

16. ESAD2-14

ESAD2-14 TexanAmerican

It was "nothing" and "ridiculous" up until the point that the Cowboy higher ups came to the realization that Pac had more then likely violated the terms of his probation instead of just team/NFL rules. There really is no way to call that ridiculous and save face (insert Jerry Joke:eek:), especially under the circumstances that Pac has put himself in time and time again.

17. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Silly, silly boy. What an *****, when all eyes are on him...

Nothing else to add, theres enough players in the league who do things off the field worth talking about.

18. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Wouldn't you like to be the Pshrink that gets to examine PacMan. Can you say "narcissistic sociopath"?

At an NFL meeting in St. Petersburg, Fla., Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he had spoken to the player, whom he described as "devastated" by the news. Jerry Jones last week said the team wouldn't discipline the cornerback.

"We respect and support the decision of the commissioner," he said in a statement released by the team. "I regret that this issue has brought negative attention to the Cowboys and the NFL.

"We move forward with a very clear knowledge as to what the process will be for a possible reinstatement. Adam is well aware of where he stands and what he has to do."

The league said reinstatement will depend on strict compliance with treatment plans by the NFL and the Cowboys and an evaluation by "clinical experts."

The player's agent, Worrick Robinson, didn't immediately return messages left with his assistant and on his cell phone.

Dallas police said officers responded at about 11 p.m. on Oct. 7. Officers said the matter was over by the time they arrived and that some hotel employees reported overhearing a tussle in the men's restroom in the lobby.

The player and his bodyguard, part of a security detail provided by the Cowboys to be with him at all times, said everything was OK. Police said both were driven from the hotel by an acquaintance, and the bodyguard didn't want to press charges.

Jerry Jones said last week the scuffle was the result of back-and-forth banter between the player and his bodyguard that got out of hand. A small glass item on the vanity in the restroom was damaged.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-gen/ap/General_Football_News/FBN_NFL_Jones_Suspended.html

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, that's it. Throw him in jail and throw away the key. No breaking small, glass items in this country. We value our trinkets, dang it.

20. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Pac-Man was on "zero tolerance". He didn't have ANY room for error. Even a trinket.