Pacman Jones on his past: “I was pathetic”

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jun 16, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Definitely can't argue with him. And I know this will generate many to skepticism. However, if he has truly seen the light, although late, I would still support his "enlightenment."

Posted by Evan Silva on June 16, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT

link

2. ckhouston

ckhouston Hall of Fame

Good for him to man up and admit it.

3. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Too little too late IMO
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-06-15/Jury-orders-Pacman-Jones-to-pay-11-million/55630266/1

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

5. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

The NFL has been holding these rookie symposiums for a number of years now and I question if it really does any good because every year you still have rookies doing stupid stuff, hanging with the wrong posse, and getting arrested. When Vick got in trouble years ago, film footage of his rookie symposium came out and his was sitting in the middle of the crowd and heard everything that was said and still went down the wrong road. I honestly think it's a maturity issue with many of these players and if they were held more accountable for their actions in college many of them wouldn't have near as many issues in the NFL.

6. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

if it changes one young man's choices, it's worth it.

I guess Pacman's message was don't hang out with your old gangster buddies. I wonder what percentage of 2012 NFL rookies have gang affiliations versus 8-10 years ago?