Packers may be interested in Slaton

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mari-OWNED!, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/rumors/nfl/nfl-rumors-green-bay-2010-09-28/

Not the greatest article in the world, but it does bring up some interesting talk.

2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Interesting. If Derrick Ward is capable of holding his own like he did with the Giants, I wouldn't be opposed to a Slaton trade.

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Is Jeremiah on the IR or not?

We'll need to get another back in here, if we move Slaton.

4. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

Maybe its for the best. The Packers running game sucks and Slaton hasn't been doing much of anything for you guys' lately. Maybe this could be a win-win for both parties. I still think Slaton can get close to how effective he was his rookie year, maybe a change of scenery is what it will take. What do you guys think is a fair trade for Slaton?

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

They'd be smarter to just wait for us to cut Slaton. He's damaged goods. I've understood this for about a year now. Neck surgery. C'mon now...

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

And that back needs to be Jeremiah Johnson assuming we reach a point where he's healthy. Once that toe heals he is I believe a better Slaton than Slaton. He's like Steve without the fumbling baggage and without the loss of confidence that Slaton seems to have had. I think it's better for everybody if Slaton finds a new home. He could be that change of scenery player who comes back to life in new surroundings.

7. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

Maybe Slaton and some picks for Charles Woodson!....I can dream can't I? :kitten:

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

but but.... who would return kicks, That is the most exciting 10-12 return yards in ANY sport that I have ever seen

:whip: :joker:

9. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Shhh ... you never know if any Packers officials read this board.;)

10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

We could always go see what Chris Henry is doing right? He hasn't been picked up yet has he?

That guy easily covered 2.3 yards in the most assertive and violent manner possible before going down with minimal contact for no apparent reason. Then he always popped up like he was genuinely surprised that the 171 pound third string cornerback managed to bring him down with a glancing arm tackle and NEXT TIME.... he was gonna BRING THE PAIN!!!

Until I saw Chris Henry in a few preseason games I thought I understood the age old expression about looking like Tarzan and running like Jane. Henry embodied it.

Monster muscles? Check.
    Great Speed? Check.
    Maximum Intimidation Dreadlocks? Check.
    Swagger of Doom? Check.

Balance and Vision? Absent Without Leave. What a pity.

I'd love to see him return kicks. It would be worth the price of admission just to see him return kicks. Even if somebody had to stand next to him, catch the ball, and hand it to him I'd still love to see the Texans try it.

For laughs of course.

11. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

This all started in a Packers Blog a while back as a suggestion. The writer suggested Slaton or Lynch. The blogger suggested trading us Hawk for Slaton, do we really need a LB, don't think so.

If you were the Packers what would you give for Slaton.......

Hopefully they don't have any new film on him. Unfortunately he's worth more to us than he is to them. The Packers have a chance of going deep in the playoffs this year so they may reach, but Slaton has done a lot more wrong than good this year. Well at least he hasn't fumbled.......

Who know maybe it could happen, but what would we really get out of the deal but a draft pick, I wouldn't give anything higher than a 5th, and what does that get us now?

12. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Well sometimes its a one yard return like in DC.

Slatons best return was when he muffed the Kick Off in Washington and almost gave up a safety, but at least the ball came out to the 20, a 30% longer return than he's averaged so far this year.

When you say 10-12 yard return are you counting the yards in the end zone?!?!?!?!?!?
    :soapbox:

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Oh, I don't know. I'd take Hawk for Slaton in a heartbeat. Maybe we don't "need" a LB but he might be an upgrade over Diles.

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Really? Some of you people are worried about SS's returns (which I admit are less than spectacular)???

We don't have bigger problems??? Just askin'...

15. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

Wow, Cushing - Ryans - Hawk would be a NASTY linebacking corps.

16. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

The source of Slaton's problems are in his head. Trading him and allowing him to hit reset would be the right thing.

And this is coming from one of his biggest fans.

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I don't give a rats ass about Slaton's returns. They suck but we also have the air raid on offense to make up for it. We got bigger problems with Slaton and those are fumbles. I'm game for getting ANYTHING of value for Slaton because his neck belongs on that cut sheet.

Green Bay as a trading partner would make me esatatic. Especially if we get some of their pass defense in return.

18. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I see three problems with Slaton doing returns:

1) Fumbling on a return is utterly demoralizing.

2) He has great acceleration, but no top gear like Jacoby.

3) Lacks experience at it.

19. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

From what I've seen from Slaton over the past year and a bit, I'd be more than happy to get something in return for him.

Something to help the D would be ideal, but TBH I'd take whatever we can get in draft picks if they don't want to give up manpower.

20. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

In trade for Slaton I'll take a CB from their depth chart, probably someone that no one has ever heard of, a cheese hat, and 2 blonde cheerleaders.

Brisco_County likes this.