Owners discuss spring exhibitions

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Brando, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

link

No Thanks. 4 preseason games are enough and if you are a good team and make the playoffs(like Rooney stated) it's more than enough as it is now. This is a hard hitting sport where injuries are popping up more than ever. I think some owners are looking at making more money.

2. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

unless they're gonna play flag football in a concerted attempt at avoiding major injury, i say this idea is stupid.

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

16 real games is as many as I think anyone could reasonably ask the players to endure. I'm actually for dropping two preseason games entirely. Two practice games and 16 real ones would be easier on the guys who make this all happen IMO.

4. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

how long has the master of the obvious avatar been back? i missed it.

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It's been a while. When your team is 0-4 one tends to repeat a lot of obvious stuff so I thought it fitting.

6. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Why would the owners want to mess with how they have it now? I mean they each get full price for 2 games that mean nothing. What's better than that?

I could go for dropping a couple of pre-season games, but leave everything else like it is.

I think the playoffs are perfect the way they have it. It works. The two best teams in each conference get byes, as it should be. The other division winners play home games, as it should be. And the wild card teams playing road games, as it should be.

The Giants played 20 games last year. Now they want to make it an 18 game schedule, and possibly add more playoff games? Now you're talking a wild card team playing 23, 24 games if they go all the way. That's ridiculous. This game is too demanding on the body for that many games.