Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Owen Daniels - Out for Season

silvrhand

All Pro
I was at the game Sunday, right behind the Texans bench, and I've never come so close to bawling over a player getting hurt as I did when I saw the look on ODs face when they took him to the exam table. I'm sure the boy knew right then that his season was over! They iced him down for a while, put an elastic brace on his knee and he got up and walk the sideline to support his teammates!! I simply felt SICK to my stomach at this loss, but, when I saw Dressen and Casey consulting on the sideline, going over plays, saw the intensity and excitement on their faces, I knew those two boys would go out and do whatever they had to do help the team. Can either one replace OD? We all know the answer to that, but, they are a TEAM, and they know that when one goes down the other has to step it up! I was impressed with sideline attitude and player to player support. NICE being about 20 ft from the team!
The way that they are pulling coverages off the middle so badly for Andrew Johnson honestly we just need a warm body that knows how to get behind the LB and catch the ball. AJ is the key to OD's success this year, cause they have taken AJ away and forcing us to find other players.

Is OD a great TE, yes, does it make a huge kill for us? Not long as we can fill it with a warm body that can halfway run and catch, we'll be fine, OD has been so damn open this year hehe, he's not doing much that special.

NOTE: I'm not saying that OD isn't a good TE, I'm just saying that the way the safety corners are pulling so hard to AJ, we'll be ok with an average pass catching TE, and he'll put up big numbers as well.

gary

Hall of Fame
I'm very sorry for the loss of OD but this is what football is all about winning with the group you have. Using your TE depth and get through the season and play as a TEAM then you should win as a TEAM. Afterall, every sport is all about playing together and trusting in each other as they already have been doing thus far this season. Joel, Hill, and Casey all know how to play but both Casey and Hill will have to make great strides fairly quickly now without having lots of play time in the NFL. Both should learn fast if they go over the playbook with vet TE Joel and the coaching staff and really take time to really learn the ins and outs of how plays are setup and ran and what their roles will be once they all understand the flow of the game and also get some true play time under their belt. All three should stick together at practice and turn this practice field into their very own privite classroom and soak up and take in as much possible so they won't be surprised in real action come gameday and if they do as they should then they should be on the fast track playing a very large part in hopefully helping the Texans to a playoff birth for the first time ever in franchise history all the being very serviceable role fillers for the missing OD probably better than serviceable depending on how much time they put in and are will to learn and mostly just doing their job as a backup/filler. Who knows? All the while keeping in mind that OD will be back and ready to go at the start of next season. Just rember to play team and win for OD who has ment so much to the team up to this point and was on his way to having yet another Probowl season. Just play hungry Houston and leave it all out there on the field each and every single game win or loose as fans that's really all we ask of our hometown team. Way go OD congratulations and the half a season you had or even your overall career up to this point and all of us Texan fans will miss you for the rest of this season come back strong and healthy we all know you wll because you're the man and a beast. Good luck man see you back on the football field next season doing what you do best catch passes/ TD's. GO TEXANS

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Gary,
Sentiments reflecting most of the fans. You could say "win one for the Gipper(s)"............for all those we lost to injury this season.........starting with the Colts.:texflag:

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
The way that they are pulling coverages off the middle so badly for Andrew Johnson honestly we just need a warm body that knows how to get behind the LB and catch the ball. AJ is the key to OD's success this year, cause they have taken AJ away and forcing us to find other players.

Is OD a great TE, yes, does it make a huge kill for us? Not long as we can fill it with a warm body that can halfway run and catch, we'll be fine, OD has been so damn open this year hehe, he's not doing much that special.

NOTE: I'm not saying that OD isn't a good TE, I'm just saying that the way the safety corners are pulling so hard to AJ, we'll be ok with an average pass catching TE, and he'll put up big numbers as well.
There's that Andrew Johnson guy again. :hmmm:

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
I'm very sorry for the loss of OD but this is what football is all about winning with the group you have. Using your TE depth and get through the season and play as a TEAM then you should win as a TEAM. Afterall, every sport is all about playing together and trusting in each other as they already have been doing thus far this season. Joel, Hill, and Casey all know how to play but both Casey and Hill will have to make great strides fairly quickly now without having lots of play time in the NFL. Both should learn fast if they go over the playbook with vet TE Joel and the coaching staff and really take time to really learn the ins and outs of how plays are setup and ran and what their roles will be once they all understand the flow of the game and also get some true play time under their belt. All three should stick together at practice and turn this practice field into their very own privite classroom and soak up and take in as much possible so they won't be surprised in real action come gameday and if they do as they should then they should be on the fast track playing a very large part in hopefully helping the Texans to a playoff birth for the first time ever in franchise history all the being very serviceable role fillers for the missing OD probably better than serviceable depending on how much time they put in and are will to learn and mostly just doing their job as a backup/filler. Who knows? All the while keeping in mind that OD will be back and ready to go at the start of next season. Just rember to play team and win for OD who has ment so much to the team up to this point and was on his way to having yet another Probowl season. Just play hungry Houston and leave it all out there on the field each and every single game win or loose as fans that's really all we ask of our hometown team. Way go OD congratulations and the half a season you had or even your overall career up to this point and all of us Texan fans will miss you for the rest of this season come back strong and healthy we all know you wll because you're the man and a beast. Good luck man see you back on the football field next season doing what you do best catch passes/ TD's. GO TEXANS
My eyes hurt. Paragraphs buddy, but good post. :)