Owen Daniels for Rookie of the Week!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DaBearsFTW, Oct 31, 2006.

1. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

Texans Horror likes this.
  2. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

He's going up against Vince young who had a stunning 87 yards in the air.

3. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

Mike Bell had a pretty good day though...
    He was running all over that vaunted Colts rushing defense :fib

4. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Realistically, Owen has no shot against Colston or Bell. He should be third though.

5. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

When the Texans are up for these awards, I always find the writeups to be a little weak.

They mentioned Colston's past performance. How about the fact that Owen Daniels is tied for the tight end NFL lead for touchdowns with 5?

6. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

QFT
    In all honesty, at this point in the season, Daniels has ProBowl numbers, if not Offensive Rookie of the Year

7. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

owen is #1 in my book. he has definitely come to play, and what im impressed with is that not only does he have the confidence of kubiak and carr, but also the confidence of rosenfels, not like it would matter much because sage will probably not see much action from here on out, but it says alot about the skills and dependability of this guy. he is a good run blocker as well.

8. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

but of course, theres reggie bush. no matter what his stats say, i wouldnt be suprised if we won OROY....just because his name is reggie bush. its all going to depend on how well the teams perform.

by the way, speaking of owen daniels, where the heck is jeb putzier in our offense? i think its safe to say that jeb may not be needed in this offense. sorta depressing in a sense that i liked jeb putzier and i thought his impact on the offense would be huge...giving carr a safety valve that he has been missing since 2002.

9. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

He's been hurt.

His rep in Denver was that he was a better pass catcher than blocker.

At a minimum, he has been good to have on the team as a teammate to explain the offense. A lot of times players will ask other players things before asking a coach stuff because they are afraid that the coach will think that they are being stupid.

10. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

Putzier has been quite positive in handling Owen's success. That says alot about a veteran player. We all know in this ego driven league that there are much worse ways for him to handle himself. Same goes for the entire tight end group. It is because of their unselfish ways that Owen has been able to learn the system so quickly.

11. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Just voted and sadly he is in last with just 9%.:crying:

12. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

The problem is nobody has heard of him. With those stats, people will have to take notice. If I remeber correctly, he has only scored one of his five touchdowns in victories. That could certainly lead to his lack of recognition outside of the Texans community. Here's hoping he keeps it up and the rest of the league takes notice.

13. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Our fans totally overrated Putzier as soon as we signed him.

14. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

^^^ ...and underrated Daniels when he was drafted

15. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

As noted by my post history, I created an account simply to make note that Owen was up for Rookie of the Week. Obviously, (see member ID) the Texans are not my #1 team. I, however, have been closely following the Texans this year based on Owen's presence. I played OT for Owen when he was a Quarterback in Naperville, IL. It's very exciting for me, and everyone from Naperville to see how well he is doing. We are very proud. That being said, watching every game this year with the Ticket, I see so much potential in this team and think that once the defense comes together and Carr continues to build his confidence, you have one of the elite teams in the AFC . Good luck and keep and eye on me for more Owen-praising (albeit biased) posts!

Lauren likes this.
  16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Cool deal! Nice to have ya. Owen is already one of my favorite players on this team and he's only a rook. I'm expecting him to be an elite TE in the future for the Texans.

When you have time, post some personal experiences you've had with OD. :redtowel:

17. Buckle

Buckle Veteran

Unfortunately if daniels keeps up his pace and all the other rookies in the league do as well, the OROY award will probably go to Colston from the Saints. He has been putting up amazing numbers and seems to Brees go to guy!

18. TexansMVP

TexansMVP Probowler

I'm just loving the fact that for the last 2 weeks we've had one of our rookies nominated for the Rookie of the Week. Great draft by the Texans this year.

19. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

Personal experiences? Let me just say, I wish you all could have seen him as a quarterback. He was incredible. Big, Fast, Amazing arm. Threw only one pick (hail mary, end of the half) and was never sacked my senior year, his junior year. When the pocket would collapse he would take off running and never slide, it seemed like he'd hunt out defensive backs and plow through them. I was dissapointed when he agreed to move to tight end at Wisconsin, but may have never actually got his chance at QB. (Bollinger/Sorgi) But that was obviously the best thing he could have done, look at him now!

20. DaBearsFTW

DaBearsFTW Rookie

If y'all didn't know, he was the quarterback of the 5th ranked team in the country his junior year (99-2000)

See # 5