Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Overall thrown out of Bull Pen

Overalls

All Pro
Yep I got thrown out of the Bull Pen today. First some guy at the gate had to check with his supervisor over my hat then some Part time employee found it necessary to escourt me out of the Bull Pen for standing. Yep I got thrown out of my seat for exercising my Bull Pen right and standing. I hate those ticket broker seats behind mine. I try to be a good fan and stand for the whole game in the Bull Pen and some yellow jacket that doesn't know the Bull Pen rules tells me to sit down or I will be thrown out of the stadium. Now mind you half the bull Pen stands for the whole game but some little dweeb behind me wanted to pretend he was at home on his couch. So from about half way through the 2nd quarter till the end of the game I stood up top at the rail.

:fans:

Before the game I was standing at the rail above 116 just hanging out and I was asked a question from a Reliant Stadium 'employee' that kind of took me by surprise. He asked me if the Texans were in the red jerseys. I kind of did a double take and then realized the guy was serious. That's what you're dealing with in terms of stadium help.

Thats pretty sad to hear, always seems to be teams hardcore fans that get it in the ear, when they are the ones that the team should be grateful too.

I'm not in the Bull Pen, but I feel your pain.

Maybe a letter penned on here, and signed by season ticket holders that visit here would change someones mind?

I know I would digitally sign it.

Obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated anywhere in Reliant Stadium. However, fans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.
Not sure what I'd do but I think I'd do more then chew out the yellow jacket.

Houston Texans Bull Pen

Pfft, name and number of said yellow jacket. Send a letter to the Texans stating the situation, maybe you can work a sieat in McNair's area for a game?

Other BPr's shoulda made the golf clappers, Todd and Margaret, remaining game experience interesting for your enforced seat relocation.

Not sure what I'd do but I think I'd do more then chew out the yellow jacket.

Houston Texans Bull Pen

Hagar's quote is directly from the Texan's website, just in case soneone did not realize. Overalls needs to call and complain to the Texan's front office.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, Overalls. I hope it didn't dampen your enjoyment of the game too much.

Overalls needs to call and complain to the Texan's front office.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, Overalls. I hope it didn't dampen your enjoyment of the game too much.

Oh, I somehow think they will hear of it loud and clear....:sos:

It just seems weird that after 6 seasons and many suggestions, we still can't seem to get this problem solved.

I have never seen Tim that mad.

I hate you had to endure the rath of the all mighty. I don't understand their attitude. If I recall correctly the selling point for the Bull Pen was to be a place for the most spirited of fans. At the time I was making my selection I mentally compared the Browns Dog Pound or Black Hole, and thought then that was a great idea and sounded like a fun place to be. My reasons for not choosing the Bull Pen was age and thinking what's fun for the next few years could be a bit much around year 20.

I know from experience that some of the staff can be rather harsh, especially directing traffic in the Blue Lot. Too many times I was in the far left lane, the attendant would rudely demand I turn right which usually led to the row next to the 610 access road. Finally, for my peace of mind and not being able to enjoy the first part of the game because of being PO about what happened in the parking lot, I traded off my blue for yellow and have been a happy camper ever since.

Yep I got thrown out of the Bull Pen today. First some guy at the gate had to check with his supervisor over my hat then some Part time employee found it necessary to escourt me out of the Bull Pen for standing. Yep I got thrown out of my seat for exercising my Bull Pen right and standing. I hate those ticket broker seats behind mine. I try to be a good fan and stand for the whole game in the Bull Pen and some yellow jacket that doesn't know the Bull Pen rules tells me to sit down or I will be thrown out of the stadium. Now mind you half the bull Pen stands for the whole game but some little dweeb behind me wanted to pretend he was at home on his couch. So from about half way through the 2nd quarter till the end of the game I stood up top at the rail.

I was not at the game, in fact I was 180 miles away but I am sure I will here it all the way to Austin.

GIVE THEM HELL and THEN SOME!

Overalls, a something tells me that the FO will hear about this in a BIG way!

As they should!! I hold a grudge, and I'm still mad as hell the yellow shirt made me move so Titan fans could go stand by the rail, and this was LAST year!! The FO needs to EDUCATE (if that's possible) the ushers who monitor the Bullpen. Of course, they could do what we have been trying to get them to do for six years now, and that is get corp owned seats OUT of there. Not gonna happen though! About 1/3 of the Bullpen is made up of diehard TEXAN fans, the rest are seat dwellers, those who come to the game to SIT, EAT, and make out with their s/o. I was standing by the rail Sunday, due to the heat, and I actually saw a guy run his hand down the back of his girlfriends pants. Don't bother to comment guys:bat: it was sickening. Save it for the backseat or the hummer room, I don't care. BUT, if your STANDING in the Bullpen, use those hands to clap and make noise, not fondle your honey!!

My suggestion is to start NOW, and continue to blast the FO with complaints throughout the off season. Next summer they will start hiring again, and a fresh batch of cowboy/titan fans, who can't find work elsewhere, will be roaming the stadium and lots. KEEP reminding the FO that this problem needs to be fixed!!

Wow, that's ridiculous. Send a email asap, make it attention to John Schreiver/VP ticket operations.

I too am surprised, especailly as tall as you are and the fact you are always there and have been for 6 seasons. I used to have Bullpen seats and only once in awhile did they ask me and those were visitors.
Maybe they should hang signs at the entrance of the section, then also add a disclaimer on the ticket stub so all will know the rules beforehand. Its either that or do not have any yellow coat work those aisles w/o knowing about the standing rule.
So now the burning question, " Was it a jags fan behind you?"

I'm definitely not surprised. I don't know who to root for though? Our resident who posts more trolling on other sites or for the yellow jackets? Heh!

I worked several UT games this season with a temporary agency ushering. How could I pass up getting paid to watch the football game!?!? Ugh. I won't do it again next season. I'm too much of a fan so they actively try to get people who AREN'T football fans to usher these games so they can do a more stringent job. In my section? I was running in between everything trying to high five the whole section everytime we got a touchdown. *you Austin folk know how loud I can be*

They bussed people in from Houston and San Antonio to usher. This may be one thing that the Texans are doing which shows how the ushers don't know who is who. A lot of their employees were people that... *ahem*... I wouldn't be caught seen hanging around. I'm sure a lot are good people but there were a ton of undesirables working.... why do I say this? Power trip. These undesirables are now in charge and they levy that upon you fans.

That's the best I can think of as to why Overalls got the boot.

Is this the way the Texans get their employees? A temporary agency? I will put money on it. I know I've searched the Chronicle and other publications in past years looking for a brain dead job (ushering) that I can just work for on Sundays and just have fun at the games! I now think that the reason why I couldn't find one is because they go to the temp agencies for this.

Sorry Overalls. Just rise up a stink and I'm sure the Texans will go the extra mile and help you out. I know they've done the same for me.

Yo, Overalls. Would you mind if I wrote about this for the blog?

Personally, I think the policy should be everywhere in the stadium that if you come to a game, you can stand up. That if you want to sit, you should stay the * home.

:texflag:

Personally, I think the policy should be everywhere in the stadium that if you come to a game, you can stand up. That if you want to sit, you should stay the * home.

That would be awesome if you did!!!

PERFECT Steph!! That would definitely help us all!! They want us to set traditions, but do nothing to help us out.

Go for it Steph. I would be grateful.

As most of you know, I am a big guy so if you are sitting down behind me, I will block your view. In the past if someone said something I would generaly budge and sit down, but the thing is I injured my knee at the Broncos game when I kneeled down to have my picture taken with a little boy. It would have killed my knee to sit down in those seats, even if I wanted to.

Well Overalls all I can say is your a nicer guy than me. I bought my ticket with the understanding that it is OK to stand in the Bull Pen so we made a pact amongst us that we do not sit down for the game. One of the Bull Pen Committee traditions if I am not mistaken. If our players have to stand for the game then we will too. Steph needs to write about it and I will contact John McLain. They need to read the rules they set and I fully beleive that you deserve some compensation for your inconvenuience(sp)
I am not sure where the Texans and their employees get thier info but the Denver game I was approached by someone who threatened me for making racial slurs to the parking attendants. I was told "I am just telling you this so when it happens again and we remove your season tickets and parking pass then you will know why it happened. I have never been anything but nice to every parking attendant I have ever talked to. Turns out it wasn't even me that they were reffering too but since I am Joe Texan he singled me out. I have the answers for this guy but I do not know who he was. Honestly I think the FO is fantastic, But the people under them probably fall into the catagory like any other company would.

Anyway Overalls this will get worked out I am sure.

Funny thing is I don't remember having these problems going to an Oiler game. I remember going to many games and people were rowdy, standing, screaming, and yelling. Now when I go I just get dirty looks cus I am waking there kid.

Admittedly though you kinda had to stand to see the field, especially if you had a seat that was obstructed by a pillar.

Its like this city forgot how to watch a football game. Quiet when the D is on the field and loud when the O is on the field, leaving games early and showing up to there seats late.

Or

All the fans who know how to act at a game are to trashed by kickoff and never make it into the stadium.

Corporate sponsors + PSLs + marketing company with a football division = mixed signals to hardcore Texans fanatics

This is pretty lame on the Texans part, but I'm not surprised. As long as they get 6 seasons of sell outs for a crappy product, they could really care less about the little guy or individual fan.

Go TC! You tell 'em.

The rest of us should send emails to anyone and everyone in the Texan staff.

I've already done so - we'll see if anything happens...sometimes miracles do.

Houston Texans Bull Pen
The Houston Texans are excited about our "avid fan" section called the Bull Pen. The Bull Pen is located in the north end zone of Reliant Stadium where our most staunch supporters gather on game day to cheer on their favorite team - the Houston Texans! The fans in the Bull Pen interact directly with the action on the field. Bull Pen members have helped create and implement fan traditions, songs, chants and other elements of the game day experience that will foster the best atmosphere and the most daunting home field advantage within the National Football League. The Bull Pen is also the home of the Texans Bull Pen Pep Band, adding to the atmosphere, excitement and energy.

Obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated anywhere in Reliant Stadium. However, fans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.

http://www.houstontexans.com/community/BullPen.asp

Seems there have been a few changes in the policy.

Funny thing is I don't remember having these problems going to an Oiler game. I remember going to many games and people were rowdy, standing, screaming, and yelling. Now when I go I just get dirty looks cus I am waking there kid.

Admittedly though you kinda had to stand to see the field, especially if you had a seat that was obstructed by a pillar.

Its like this city forgot how to watch a football game. Quiet when the D is on the field and loud when the O is on the field, leaving games early and showing up to there seats late.

Or

All the fans who know how to act at a game are to trashed by kickoff and never make it into the stadium.

I agree with you completely Texanred. I was fortunate that my folks had season tickets while growing up during the Glanville/Run & Shoot years. I loved the atmosphere at the Dome. I have field box tickets for the Texans and my family had field box tickets for the Oilers. The fans around us for Oilers games were hardcore fans and were there every game. The Dome used to be called the House of Pain because it was so intimidating.

I think Houston fans are loyal fans. Despite being awful for all of our existence, I am still impressed that we still sell out and have a wait list. I know there are some empty seats but the stadium can still get loud. At least in my row in Section 105, it seems that there are different people sitting next to us every game and not the regular "blue collar" fan at Oilers games.

There are too many kids at Texans games for my taste. Back in the Dome there was a guy who used to blast an airhorn while we were on D. It was awesome and I don't think he would get away with it now.

This might sound weird too, but it kind of bugs me how much effort they make with the PA and video announcements to be courteous fans or get kicked out. I am not saying an opposing fan should fear for their safety if they wear their jersey but they should not be given a red carpet either. Being subject to some good natured ribbing, et al. should be par for the course. Tailgating is all good and we all can sing Kumbaya and drink beer together.

It would have been well worth the $7 investment to buy a nice cold beer and "accidentally" spill every ounce on the guy behind you.

bpe3

Man Law!

Great comments all.

FanHouse made this a front paged story so it is on the main page of their site.

Keep bringing the comments over there and get yerself heard.:texflag:

I BETTER NOT. I thought everyone in the bull pen was tall but now I find out you guys were standing up all this time. cool

I was pretty angry yesterday Sunday when I got home. I e-mail John Schreiver and Missy Rentz as well as John Mclane. I asked several people to send in their thoughts as well.

I know the Texans will offer an apology but I want to know that something is actually being done to make sure this never happens again.

Overall you got thrown out? Man thats a bummer...can i buy your psls? Only kidding overalls, but be careful not to lose your psls behind some silly fan that don't know how they do things over there in the bullpen.

That sucks Overall's. I hope all of our comments reach the Texans FO and something gets done. They have eight months to figure it out.

I was pretty angry yesterday Sunday when I got home. I e-mail John Schreiver and Missy Rentz as well as John Mclane. I asked several people to send in their thoughts as well.

I know the Texans will offer an apology but I want to know that something is actually being done to make sure this never happens again.

Here here.

Last Sunday's game was amazing in that it stayed pretty crowded until the very end. Like people didn't want the season to end.

Here is the e-mail I just sent. It is kinda self promoting on my part but what can I say.

I have a question. Has the Bull Pen been turned into a place where enthusiasm is discouraged. I am an original PSL holder. My name is on the glass wall outside the stadium. I was there at Jillians when Toro road the helicopter into the parking lot to be unveiled. I have even become a bit of an icon to the fans that I meet. Over the years I have probable been asked a 1000 times for my picture. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't get vulgar. In fact I am a Baptist deacon. I have never sold or given my tickets to a fan of another team. I just want an opportunity to root for the Texans.
This past Sunday I was thrown out of the Bull Pen for standing. Not for anything else, just standing. The people in the ticket broker seats behind me wanted to pretend they were watching the game on their couch at home and didn't want to stand. It was my impression that standing was not only allowed but encouraged in the Bull Pen. I thought that the Texans wanted us to be the "home field advantage". I guess that isn't true. The whole event has both saddened me and tainted the Texans experience for me. I never expected to have some one in a yellow jacket come up to me in the Bull Pen and tell me to sit down or he would have me escorted out of the stadium. I am just wondering. It won't be long when my notice to renew my tickets comes in the mail and I have questions that need to be answered.

Overalls

Overalls -

I'm absolutely speechless. I'm shocked & appalled. I just don't know what else to say here......

:wild: :bat:

Or

good point you make. I think most of the fans that come to the game did forget or never knew how to be a real fan. If the kid is sleeping at the games maybe they need to leave the kids at home. Just keep on supporting this team and the fans that don't know how to be fans can learn from you and the real fans in da house. I hate to say it but overall, we probably have some of the worst fans in the league when it comes to support but, I think as we pile up the wins it will change...hopeully. I am glad I am in the section that I am in because I never hear anyone whining about people standing up and cheering..thank god!

Hypothetical question (but somewhat serious):

What if a person standing in Row R is 6'5" 275 lbs and wearing a foot tall hat with horns, and a person in Row S immediately behind said large person is 5'6" and standing like all great fans do, but still can't see over said large person even with the help of one row of elevation? Is it the person in Row S that should be expected to move to a different seat?

I'm somewhat serious about this question because my wife is short and there have been times when she's standing and couldn't see over the guy in front of her and she was forced to look 'in-between' the people in front of us or up at the big screen. Luckily there's different people in those seats almost every week so it's not a very frequent occurrence.

Maybe the solution is to put all the short people in the front.

Did you actually get tossed from the game or just that section?

I am curious to that one as well. Did you just leave the section and continue watching the game, or did they escort you out of the stadium?

So from about half way through the 2nd quarter till the end of the game I stood up top at the rail.
He had to spend 1/2 the game at the top rail...basically what Ted had told me right after the game.

There's no other description for this but SAD.

This is the email I sent to the VP of ticket sales. Parking attendants trying to get more money out of people parking who've already paid for parking.

While attending the game on Sunday December 30th, we had planned to park in the Blue lot to be closer to our friends in the Platinum lot. My wife and I had noticed that there was a lot of extra parking in the back that was "zoned off" by cones. When I asked the parking attendant(s) if we would be able to park in this area they both said, "yeah no problem, all you have to do is drop a little something on the ground for me." I guess I'm a bit naive and didn't understand what they were implying. They noticed the puzzled look on my face and my wife's and said, "you know money." At first this shocked me and then angered me. We pay for lower-level season tickets and psls, parking, almost all extra-curricular activities, and merchandise that the Texans have. On average we have probably spent between three to four thousand dollars a year on the Texans. When asked to pay (extra) for someone to do their job I was highly disappointed and hope that no other fan will have to go through this.

Back