Our Throw Back Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hulk75, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Never understood why we dont have the Houston Oilers old light Blue Jerseys or the old Dallas Texans Uniforms? WHY NOT?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Because Bud Adams owns the rights to the Oilers and all the history (uniforms included) belong to Tennessee now.

The Dallas Texans are the Chiefs now. They have nothing to do with Houston. We'll get a "Throw Back" jersey when we change our uniforms sometime in the future.

TEXANRED likes this.
  3. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I like the Dallas Texans helmet. That's pretty cool. They should make those with all red uniforms.

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Different franchises. Throwback jerseys are for teams with history. We've only been around a few years, so Battle Red will have to do in the meantime.

5. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

It would be cool to see the Chiefs where those throwbacks if they hosted the Texans or Cowboys.

6. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

This is the best Houston pro football helmet ever:

[​IMG]

Double Barrel likes this.
  7. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Our thowback jerseys are Boselli jerseys and jerseys with #02 on them.

8. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

lol...yeah and Glenn jerseys too, any self respecting aggie had one of those early. That Gamblers helmet is classic and the Oilers helmet reminded me of the good times and the bad. Deep inside I kinda wish we could have kept the Oilers name, jersey, logo etc., and just gotten rid of the curse.

doug from the woodlands

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

I perosnally like keeping our current logo and jersey and just sticking with it for the rest of the team's existence.

To me, seeing a Green Bay jersey or logo with the colors, the traditional stripes, and the big "G" on the helmet seems to build a fan base across the country. It's a timeless classic that transcends all generations.

Dallas Cowboys.

Cleveland Browns.

Washington Redskins.

Kansas City Chiefs.

Oakland Raiders.

Pittsburgh Steelers.

Miami Dolphins.

I know all those teams also had (at one time or another) different logos and different looking unifroms. BUt at some point, they stopped messing with the logos and colors/jersey style...and the result is multi-dimensional: (1) You can buy a jersey and not feel like a dork at a Houston Rockets or Houston Astros game with about four different types of Rockets and/or Astros jerseys and logos running around at the same time. (2) It's like having the American flag on your body: You put on a Steeler jersey and you know that everyone who sees you knows it's a Steelers jersey, you know that every fan of your team is wearing the same war shirt as you are on gameday. (3) It just builds an identity and makes others want to join our team's fan base.

Nothing disgusts me more than "marketing" strategists who convince teams like the Rockets and the Astros to develop a new jersey every four years. It's like we juuuuuuuuuussssssst can't get it right. I mean, it's JUST a friggin' jersey, OK? Make it bold. Make it simple. And stick with it. Please?

I hope McNair keeps our "look and feel" the same. I hope our "throwback jersey" is simply the same one that we've been using for years and years.

Down with the sellouts (Cincinatti, cough, cough) and up with the traditionalists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Maybe we can wear the all-white helmets we originally were going to have as a throwback.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I hope that some day we change to White helmets, red jerseys w/blue stripe, white pants w/blue stripe.

12. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

The old Houston Gamblers, Jim Kelly as our Quarter Back, championships won. Why did we stick with the OIlers?

13. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I hate the white helmets. My opinion though.

14. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Let me amend my statement.

"....prior to the Texans."

I really like the Texans helmet.

15. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

I second that. Keep the blue or if a change is needed, switch to red. No white though.