Our Secondary Is Terrible--Ahmad Carroll.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by WILLIEG, Sep 10, 2006.

1. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

One of our biggest problems this year is the play or lack of play from our secondary. D. robinson is the only bright spot, but I feel as if his coverage skills aren't shinning like they were when he was a rookie. Everyone else is averahge and that's putting it nicely. They are ging to be the achilles heel of this year. And I really wish we had the type of LB's that could drop into coverage and help out our secondary, but we don't. However, D. Ryans is going to be a great MLB, so at least that's a bright spot.

2. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Then our front 4 need to get after the QB before he can pick em apart.

3. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

It also hurts not having Faggins in there........:crutch:

4. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

I saw little to no pressure on McNabb all game. That said, I thought Lewis Sanders looked terrible. Dunta only got beat on one play but he made some really good plays that made up for it.

5. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Dunta is just fine.

He is playing as hard as he did his Rookie year, he just doesnt have as much help.

6. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

its hard for me to be to hard on the secondary with the protection mcnabb had.

7. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

No it doesn't. He is slower than and less talented than Sanders and Buchanon. Believe me, you would be calling for him to be benched if you saw him play today.

8. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Dunta played an excellent game. He was all over the place. It felt like every three tackles belonged to either Dunta or Demeco.

That being said, we are going to be lit up if we can't rush the QB. The secondary, overall, is one of our weakest areas. Hopefully this next offseason (only four months away!) we can get an effective secondary through trades, FA, or picks.

9. real

real Guest

Sanders had a good game...We didn't miss Faggins...

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

only one game. we already knew that the Texans defensive short commings we're in the secondary, no big surprise there, Philly realized this and took advantage of it. I'd almost bet a beer that the Texans draft a DB in the 1'st rd. in the 2007 NFL draft. also they release Phillip Buchanaon :yikes:

11. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

I'd almost bet one that the Texans draft two to three DBs in next years draft. Not to mention another good LB.

12. real

real Guest

I think he is a free agent after this year..IIRC....But IMO, he is one of our more talented DB's...We would have to really re-load to let him walk...

13. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

Yes, our secondary is probably the weakest spot on the team. It is questionable if Sanders, Earl or Brown would be starters on most teams and definitely wouldn't be starting on playoff teams. Besides Ryans our LB core is made up of backups as well. Orr and Greenwood are little more than warm bodies in the position and certainly aren't playmakers.

No pass rush with a below average secondary equals losing record for the year.

14. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I was watching the TEXAN/EAGLE game. What were you watching?! Sanders got burned all day. I can't wait for Petey to get back. Sanders can keep the bench warm! JMO!!!

15. real

real Guest

I will rewatch the whole game and I will get back to you with a definite response...BUT...from just what I remember He played well...He had two nice pass break-ups that I remember, and I don't remember him "getting burned all day"....I know he was atleast not burned too bad in the first half....

16. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

You can put Deion Sanders, Lester Hayes, Ronnie Lott, and Jake Scott back there but if the QB has all day to throw .......... :cool:

17. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

No defensive pass rush, and low talent (do NOT include Dunta in that statement) in the secondary. At least this year we don't play any teams known for passing offenses (Philly, Indy, Dallas, Jax). Oh, snap...

:ohsnap:

18. jdog

jdog All Pro

I thought Sanders was a bright spot on defense. He made some great plays.

19. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

Why didn't we address this in the offseason?:challenge :fireball: :bowser:

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm not sure how Sanders eats with those hands. He let two ints drop.

The whole DB field just stunk today.