Our FB's there is a controversy here

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JohnsonFan, Aug 19, 2007.

1. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

Well some of you may not have looked into this yet so i wanted to lay it all out for you.
    Ok

So we have new updated depth chart today and our full backs are listed as: Leach,Abbate,Cook and Pass.

Well the first thing that stood out at me was that Pass was last on the list, Patrick is the only one of our FB's that has a good track record. He has 526 yards rushing with a 4.1 yards average. He also had 570 yards receiving and 8.6 yards per catch average. Wow thats really good for a full back but with a downside he is coming off of career full of injury.

Then comes Jameel Cook who i personally think is the most talented FB we have. He had receptions for 446 yards and three touchdowns, he also had 19 rushing yards. He is not that good of a rusher but a great receiving fb and a really good blocker.

Then Jon Abbate, lol well not much to say here but he is a rook and i think a vet like cook or pass deserves to be higher than him on the chart.

And to our Starter as of now Vonta Leach....um he has 0...the big 0 in all stat categories for offense besides reciving he has 61 yards 1 td, no rush yards though.. Now he is a great blocker and improved our run game...oh wait was it leach or was it also in december when dayne came along... just not sure he has shown his true potential.

Final Thoughts, Well we have a Rookie, a Vet but injury prone, a great lead blocker with no yards, and a great lead blocker who is also a great receiver with yards. Well i say Cook should start he has the best set of skills out of all of our Fb's IMO.

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

And you would be wrong. Leach is by far our best fullback. Not an opinion, just a fact.

3. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

You aren't going to get many people to agree with you when you say that Cook is our best FB. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of fans here that think Cook should be cut. Some believe that Cook cost us a couple games before he got hurt last year. Personally, I don't think Cook makes the team.

4. real

real Guest

Cook ? A good reciever ? The best full back ?

:texflag:

5. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

its just my opinion and also well i think leach is great but i mean can he catch can he run? i am just not sure, if i knew he could i would say he was best because of his blocking ability.

6. real

real Guest

Yes he has shown the ability to catch put of the backfield.

Serious question:

Is this your first year watching the Texans ?

7. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

Serious answer:

no i have watched the texans since 2002 in the middle of the season when i moved here.

why do u ask?

8. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Because anyone that watched the Texans last season would never say Cook is a better fullback than Leach.

9. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

not sure how will do receiving or rushing besides blocking, i mean i saw him last season but just reevaluation, its preseason thats what its meant to make u do, and please dont question how much i know and understand about my texans who i have watched for as long or longer than most of you, i love them as much as all of you just have different opinions.

10. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Cook is probably one of the top two most hated Texans.

It would be tight between him and Stanley.

Cook lost us several games last year.

He can catch the ball but he isn't a patch on Leach as a blocker and doesn't have the fire that Abbate has, and he doesn't have the versatility that Pass has.....

That makes him our 4th best FB in my book.

And hopefully a cut victim.

11. Texansfan36

Texansfan36 Veteran

Leach was a really big part of that win against Indy last year. He caught a TD pass in the I think it was the 2nd quarter to give us a 21-14 lead.

12. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

yea i just rememberd that and i fixed my begining statement, its not that i like cook best i just dont know leach can run but i guess we dont really need that he can catch ok and block really good. Oh btw random but why isnt leach in madden 08?

13. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

but also besides leach i think pass should be numba 2 for sure, he has had a great career just got injured thats all. He did great in NE, i have been watching him since he came into the nfl and have always liked him alot when i heard we got him i got really pumped!

14. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

That's correct.

Our FBs primarily block and catch the occasional swing pass out of the backfield. Leach is the nastiest blocker of the bunch and runs with the same nastiness once he catches the ball.

1. Leach
    2. Pass - nicked up
    3. Abbate - nicked up (hamstring and ankle) will likely go to practice squad
    4. Cook - trade bait; he stays only if Pass doesn't recover

15. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

If you were really a Texans fan last season like you claim, you wouldn't even have to look at their career stats to know Leach is far and away better than Cook or any other fullback on the roster.

16. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

are u sayign i am not a real texans fan?

17. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I agree 100%.

18. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

i did not hear anything happend to pass? what happend?

19. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

Are U Guys Saying I Am Not A Texan Fan? Wow I Definitly Am Why Would I Be On This Board? And I Dont Apprecaite You Guys Not Taking My Opinions Seriously.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think you really made people wonder if you really watched the games last year when you said Cook was the better fullback...that is not something most anyone would have stated if they watched the games.