Our Biggest Need?

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by SteveSlaton20, Oct 11, 2011.

1. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

For the first round next year, what's our biggest need?
    Draft a NT? #2 WR? #2 CB?

What do you think? IMO, I think we should go after a NT, but this class doesn't have great NT, or so I've heard, and this year's WRs are ridiculously good.

Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffery, Michael Floyd, Jeff Fuller, hell even Ryan Broyles even tho he's short.

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I think it comes down to what you brought up: BPA among those positions.

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Oh, by the way, I don't think we're gonna solve the CB issue with the draft, which likely would just get us another KJ. It's probly gotta be a FA.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

A physical, unstoppable pass rusher with interior, trench strength & quickness to beat double teams. Mario is hurt & look at the drop off, plus he is probably going to be franchised, how can they reach a long term contract with his injury track record. For Wade Phillips defense to work its predicated on a dynamic pass rush. Look @ WR in 2nd & RG in 3rd, then CB, CB, CB throw in a FB or project NT.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I would let MW walk after franchising him and hopefully trading him for a 1st and a 3rd.

Then picking up a a 2nd CB like Carlos Rodgers, a NT like Soliai or a WR like Bowe or V.Jackson with the $$$$ saved would be the way I would go. You could probably sign 2 of the 3 FA's I mentioned with MW's saved.

Plus you would have two 1sts a 2nd and two 3rds to move around and try to find a younger healthier version of MW and add more quality depth to the team at DE, WR, OL.

I know this is thinking outside the box and I'm not a MW hater. The MW $$$$ would be better spent this way. IMHO

Biggest needs are 1. WR2 and CB2.

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

A better GM/HC combo

Hervoyel likes this.
  7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Well if we're going combos it's usually a burger , fries , and drink . So I'll go Gruden , ? , and RGIII .

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

do you really think this will change anytime soon :kitten:

9. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

I think this is it. If the Texans don't make the playoffs in a year when the Colts are decimated, the Jags are in major rebuilding mode and the Titans are wildly inconsistent. If the Texans can't make the playoffs this year, I can't see how Kubes/Smith can keep their jobs.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

no. We will back into the playoffs with 8-9 wins and will be one and done. The Franchise will be giddy and hurt their hands patting themselves on the back just like they did when the team went 9-7. Probably extend RS and Kubiak at that point. Kubiak's a lame duck coach next season so I bet McNair extends him and tries to sell the fans on the fact that we are a "playoff team" now. They already told us they were "winners" when we were 9-7. That and a dollar gets you a large coke at McDonalds though.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

^^^^
    This

12. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

The Texans' biggest need is Quarterback.

13. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

get the frick out.

14. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Who's the guy in the bold?

Here's my take:

1.) WR

2.) NT

3.) DB

4.) RB

5.) TE (like always)

15. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

16. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Our biggest needs after head coach and GM:
    NT, CB, WR, OG, ILB, DE, OLB, FS

My assessment of needs in the order I'd pick them:
    CB, WR, NT, OG, ILB, DE, FS

17. Rey

Rey Guest

This team has talent...

I don't even care what players we draft next year if this coaching staff is still here and still presenting the same ****** *** product.

18. BattleRedToro

I'm serious.

I feel like Matt Schaub has regressed this year. Rewatch the first 5 games and tell me he hasn't been erratic. He's already 30 yrs old, so he probably isn't going to get any better. Actually, over the next few years he will likely continue to decline, although I don't believe it will be a precipitous decline.

If the Texans had more consistent and better play from their QB they would easily be 4-1, and likely 5-0 right now. The Texans would have blown out the Colts, Dolphins, Steelers, and Raiders. The Saints game would have been a win but not the curb-stomping that the other 4 games would have been. Right now the Texans should be the talk of the league much like the Lions are, but they're not because Matt Schaub is holding them back.
    :pop:

19. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

Did you or did you not see our great offensive line last week? Even Tom Brady would've played terrible in that game. I'm not gonna say he didn't play flawlessly, because he didn't, but this game isn't on him. And I'm pretty sure we blew the Colts out...

E: And maybe the only rookie I can see doing better than Matt Schaub right away is Andrew Luck, but that's a big maybe. You're dumb if you think we can draft a QB that can take Schaub's place right away. And there's no way we're getting Luck. Maybe Weeden, IDK, but QB isn't our biggest need.

20. BattleRedToro

I'm not advocating starting a rookie QB right away. I'm advocating drafting a QB high in the draft and letting him learn behind Schaub for atleast a year. Green Bay did the same thing when Brett Favre's skills began to fade away. I know Favre was much older than Schaub when that happened. Favre was also a lot better than Schaub to begin with, so Favre had a lot farther to fall until he became an average QB. Favre also had a skill set to bail him out that Schaub has never had. He had a strong arm and could throw well on the run.