Ouch. That's gotta hurt!--Testaverde to Start

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by drewmar74, Oct 17, 2007.

1. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Go figure. A potential QB controversy between David Carr and Vinny Testaverde. Whatcha think Steve Smith is thinking about now?

"David Carr is not a lock to start at quarterback when the Carolina Panthers play host to the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts following the bye week. Coach John Fox is contemplating sticking with 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde at quarterback after he led the Panthers to a 25-10 win over the Arizona Cardinals this past Sunday despite practicing with the team only three times last week. When asked on Tuesday whether a healthy Carr would start against the Colts, Fox replied: "I think right now we're going to evaluate it as we go. We have options. "We didn't have these same options a week ago or really the last couple of weeks. I'm not going to commit to it now. A lot of it is based on what we see in practice or whoever gives us the best chance to win." The Panthers paid Carr $3 million a season to be Jake Delhomme's backup and to have around in case things went wrong. That's why it's amazing to think Testaverde, a guy who wasn't even on a team up until last Wednesday, might be the quarterback to lead this team for the rest of the year. "

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/fox_11591___article.html/week_quarterback.html

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Hulk must be beside himself!! :gun:

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

wow...there's not much that can be said beyond....just....wow

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

So a old guy who was sitting on his couch last week munching on potato chips and eating a hoggie, without having any training camp, just walked back into the NFL and without anytime to learn the offense, or get on key with his receivers, just stole Davey's job.................just like that.

LMFAO!!!

That about says it all right there.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

As well as caddy. :backsout:

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Over on Pantherfanz.com

Vinny or Carr (Poll)
    Almost 2 to 1 want 'old man river' to start

7. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Wow...just wow.

8. Double Barrel

It won't matter who starts because the Colts are going to slap down the Panthers when they play.

9. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/17/bc.fbn.panthers.carr.ap/index.html

Seriously, does anybody see anything wrong with this statement or is it just me?

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

11. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Was this quote before he hurt his back or after? ;)

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr doesn't treat being a QB in the NFL like it is a serious buisness...he's still playing High School ball in his mind. How's this for a totally dumbass quote...

13. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

"I don't even know if Steve (Smith) is going to play in the Indy game. He told me today he didn't know if he really wanted to play. We'll see what happens."

Uh, do you think that Steve's desire to play could be directly related to who's under center?

14. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Hey Vinny, remember you asked me to tell you when I came up with a new name?

Just add a "ed" on to the end of the one I have now........it fits, and it's been working over on the Jags board pretty well. :cool:

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

that quote is actually from his first PC after the Texans signed him.

16. GP

GP Go Texans!

You should all STOP laughing, and here's why:

What if, and this is a pretty big "if" but it's still a possibility, what if the Panthers keep winning with Vinny and they get to the Super Bowl and they win?

Who gets a Super Bowl ring on the Panthers who rode a gravy train the whole way there?

THAT would be the ultimate judgment against Houston pro football by the football gods.

I'm serious here. Stop yourself for a second and sober up a little.

Vinny winning is OK for now, but it needs to stop and we need David back in the saddle again to make sure that he doesn't have a chance to sport the bling in those male modeling photos he'll do.

Here's an even better one to ponder: Steve Tasker and David Carr calling Texans games on TV.

(sound of crickets chirping in the background)

Sorry to rain on your parade.

17. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

Testeverde leading the Panthers to a Super Bowl is a possibility, in the same sense that Miami going to the Super Bowl with Cleo Lemon is a possibility.

swtbound07 likes this.
  18. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

No rain here. The owner of the Cowboys Store franchise at Katy Mills wear a Cowboys Superbowl Ring. It comes with the territory if you are on the team or management. I see David sporting a Superbowl ring in the same manner.

19. Double Barrel

Framed around his last self-sacking play where he was in a pocket so big you could have parked a semi-truck back there but instead he runs the wrong way and gets sacked...then the 3rd string QB steps in the very next play and throws a 40+ pass....only to be overshadowed by a gramps QB who was sitting on his couch watching football the week before....says all anyone needs to know about Carr the QB.

But he does have bangin' hair, especially if it's windy outside.

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

This just in: David Carr still sucking the life out of the NFL team he belongs to.

Boy oh boy, what a turn of events: Carr gets cut, Carr signs with Panthers, Delhomme gets hurt, Carr comes in and then gets hurt, Vinny gets signed and leads the Panthers to a convincing victory with about 3 practices under his belt.

Getting schooled by Vinny is...well, it's something else.

(Sigh)

This is not the script that David and his family were envisioning when they thought he was on to bigger and better things.

"I am enjoying my new team..."

"Football is fun again...."

"I wear white gloves and use hand sanitizer after each snap..."

"Is my hair OK? It's a little windy out here today...can we get one of those retractable roof things like I had in Houston? This wind is damaging my roots, it's just yanking it from my scalp. Rip, rip, rip...all game long..."