OT Jordan Black Visits & Signs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LORK 88, Mar 8, 2007.

1. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Black, Zgonina speak with Texans

Following are comments from free agent offensive tackle Jordan Black after he visited with Texans officials on Thursday.

(on coming to Houston) “Well, I am from Dallas. It’s always good to come back to Texas, and it would make me very happy to be a part of this organization and this town

(on helping out along the offensive line) “You don’t want to go someplace where you don’t feel needed or wanted. I get the feeling that there is some interest here and I would like to help them any way I can. If it works out that way, that would be great

(on him as a player) “I’m going to play hard and I’m going to work hard. My goal is to get better everyday and my goal is to help the team the most that I can. I’m just going to go out to practice and try to become a better player and help the team.”

(on the Texans' scheme) “It’s the NFL, there really are no secrets; it’s just the manner in which you call the plays that really separates yourself. But, I’ve been around for four years and I know a little, I’m not going to say I know a lot, but it comes with experience. I’m very confident that I could pick it up and play well here

(on what he likes about the Texans) “The facilities are unbelievable. They are far beyond the others teams that I’ve visited; the weight room, the locker room, everything, it’s first class here. That just says a lot about the ownership and it shows the commitment they have here to winning and wanting to take the next step.”

(on if he’s a right or left tackle) “I’ve been playing left tackle, but, let me practice a position and I’ll play it. I’m easy that way. I can play whatever they want me to.”

(on other visits) “There are still a few teams that I might go visit. I’ve been to Tampa and Oakland, the whole coast to coast thing, but I like Houston and I like what’s going on here. We’ll see what happens as far as taking the rest of these visits”

(on teams trying to keep free agents and sign them) “If they can, they have some little tricks to keep you there, but, that is the way it is. There are little things. I’ll just leave it at that.”

2. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Jordan Black seems like he really wants to come to Houston and its a matter of the contract numbers (I really hope this is true). He turned 27 in January, is 6'5" 310 lbs, and has been a 2 year starter in KC. He visited Tampa Bay (who already signed OT Luke Petigout) and Oakland (but doesn't seem too interested). He seems like he would be a solid pickup and hopefully will be a Texan. Hurry up and sign him Smith!!

3. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Black deal transpires, thanks for the post LORK

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I hope we pick him up. He's learned from one of the best in Willie Roaf. Rt or Lft, who cares grab him boys.:)

5. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

I'm sure he says the same song and dance about every team. We deffantly need o-line help but I am starting to get a little concerned about replacing Moulds, Walters and a draft pick does not cut it to me. Same as QB, Sage and a draft pick is way to thin.

6. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Would love to see Jordan Black in the steel blue uniform this season.

7. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

sounds like a GREAT insurance policy if Spencer isn't ready to go starting day and great back up or RT if we want to move Winston or have him be the swing backup T. If we land this...consider this a good offseason with the possibility of being a great one with another great draft and a few other FA signings.

8. profan

profan Veteran

I was just getting ready to post this. This would be a good pick up. Sounds like he would like to be here, but, it's all about the numbers. If he's going to be here it should happen soon.

9. texans83

texans83 All Pro

thanks for the post, what kind of numbers has he put up?

10. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

I've changed my signature to send good Karma out and positive energy.

Jordan's our guy...we'll get him.

11. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Young, experienced, and just might be able to cure our woes at the LT position. Get it done Rick.

12. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Anybody know how good he is, and would he be a LT or RT?

13. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

If we don't have to worry about a starting LT in the draft, then we are opened up to take a studly WR in the second round, or trade down in the first. There are a ton of quality WR's in this draft...someone's going to be around in the second round for us.

14. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Says he'll play wherever we need him...he's played every O-Line position except Center, I think.

15. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

If you read some of the other players we've interviewed, the 2 players who have sounded most enthused about Houston have been Jordan Black and Danny Clark. Clark signed later in the day when he visited and I expect Black to do the same. Ramsey, Reed, and Zgonina liked their visits, but you can tell in their answers that their mind is elsewhere and their going to continue to look elsewhere (or sign elsewhere like Ramsey did).

16. real

real Guest

Sounds about right...

Going after a guy that can play if need be, yet still allowing Spencer to compete for the spot....

17. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

2 year starter at LT for KC, could play RT if need be as well. Seems like a good OL player who would fit the system well and help out where needed.

18. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

No, he would be a good LT and Spencer would be moved to guard. This would be a great addition and would allow us to focus on other positions in the draft.

19. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

It just seems rare to find a WR that can start as a rookie, the learning curve apears to be stronger at that position

20. SuperMario

SuperMario Rookie

Should be a solid signing if he signs. How good will he be in the ZBS?