OT Chris Williams out w/slipped disk

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Fox, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Fox

Fox All Pro

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+North/Chicago/Features/2008/arkush080708a.htm

Injured his back the first day of practice and underwent surgery today for a slipped disk in his lower back. Wish him well, but can't help but breath a sigh of relief that we ended up with Brown considering our history of injuries with LT's. Williams is out indefinitely, and the Bears are reporting it doesn't have anything to do with his back problems that bothered him at Vandy....

2. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Could be out for the year.

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1103551.aspx

I really feel for the Bear's fans, know exactly what they're going through.

3. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

I really wanted this guy to be drafted by us. I knew he had back issues, but didn't know the exact details. Sorry to see that the Bears just lost their first round draft pick but I'm also really glad this wasn't the Texans.

I can hear the rumblings for their GM's neck already. First Benson gets the boot for being an ass, and now their first round pick is probably out for the year. They could have drafted Mendenhall but no way they'd know that Benson would screw up. Not looking too good in Chicago.

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The prior back issue was well known from what I've been reading.

Branden Albert also is going to miss some significant time from what I heard somewhere today.

5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The promising tackles are dropping like flies:

From RotoTimes

Albert injury update

6. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Glenn Dorsey's also lost some time to injury. Not as much as Albert, but he missed their first preseason game, and their hoping to get him back for the next one.

Not the worst thing in the world, but not exactly how KC wanted their highly touted draft class to start out.

7. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Wasn't this guy the Texans top choice of the LTs in this years Draft ? I wonder what they really thought about his back problem because this issue was in fact actively discussed in many forums.
    I dunno but maybe this means our luck is finally turning around re a franchise LT ? Had we got this guy, well at this point atleast Brown is healthy and getting ready to start in tonights preseason opener, while the Bears pick may be on IR for 2008.